Fox Sports: Stew Mandel & Bruce Feldman Big Ten Predictions

Stew Mandel says 7-5.

And then there’s Nebraska. I have the utmost respect for coach Mike Riley, but he seems set up for a rough first season. Quarterback Tommy Armstrong does not possess the skill set of Riley’s customary pro-style protégés. The defense lacks obvious playmakers outside of tackle Maliek Collins. With non-conference games against BYU and Miami and early-to-mid October dates with Wisconsin and Minnesota, it’s not inconceivable the Huskers will start 3-4.

Full Big Ten picks below:

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/ohio-state-buckeyes-michigan-st-spartans-wisconsin-badgers-big-ten-picks-predictions-2015-081115

One of the mythical #7wins people I guess.

Bruce Feldman says 9-3.

The West is a mess, rivaling the ACC Coastal for the weakest division in a Power 5 conference. The two most talented teams, NU and Wisconsin, both have new coaches. I'm picking the 'Huskers to win the division because they get Wisconsin in Lincoln this fall.

Full Big Ten picks below:

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/ohio-state-buckeyes-nebraska-cornhuskers-michigan-state-spartans-big-ten-picks-predictions-081115

• Fire 1

Nate Gerry, anyone? I'll give him that we have question marks at DE and LB. It could be quiet worrying, particularly if we lack a big time edge rusher, but it could also be fine if get players stepping up.

7-5 would be disappointing, but I think it's going to be all on Tommy's development. If he transitions smoothly to the system and steps up in his play, we should be a 9-10 caliber team. If he struggles in the new passing game and remains inaccurate and mistake prone, then 7-5 is not out of the question. None of us can have any idea how this will play out with Tommy, but it's one of the intriguing storylines of the season.

We want a transition where they can take advantage of skillsets, obviously, but there's still no small amount of necessary change. We don't have Tim Beck out there for example and we're not going to keep his option/option passing system in place.

• Fire 2

Nate Gerry, anyone? I'll give him that we have question marks at DE and LB. It could be quiet worrying, particularly if we lack a big time edge rusher, but it could also be fine if get players stepping up.

7-5 would be disappointing, but I think it's going to be all on Tommy's development. If he transitions smoothly to the system and steps up in his play, we should be a 9-10 caliber team. If he struggles in the new passing game and remains inaccurate and mistake prone, then 7-5 is not out of the question. None of us can have any idea how this will play out with Tommy, but it's one of the intriguing storylines of the season.

We want a transition where they can take advantage of skillsets, obviously, but there's still no small amount of necessary change. We don't have Tim Beck out there for example and we're not going to keep his option/option passing system in place.

Ha ha! That was my reaction. Gerry might be one of the top couple of safeties in the nation.

This seems to be one of the lower forecasts I've seen. But not so low as to be unreasonable. I mean, I could see a prediction of 8-4. So 7-5 isn't far out of bed. (Although, personally I think we'll win nine games this year. Maybe ten!) :lol:

Nate Gerry was my initial reaction, too. I don't think the defense lacks playmakers. I think they may lack confidence. I also think we don't have the kind of horses to run the race Riley wants to run on offense.

7-5 isn't out of the question. We're going through a transition, and taking a step back before we go forward shouldn't surprise anyone.

7-5 is way too low.

I just don't see it being possible.

Who are the losses? Especially considering Mandel just said its the weakest division in football. Um...7-5 would then be HORRIBLE. If MR comes our and starts slinging it, then everything we've read about him adapting to his players is BS and the dude would be clueless.

I refuse to believe that, so I'm putting my money on Mandel and Feldman just not knowing what we're planning to do. Which is way more possible than MR slinging TA 600 times this season.

• Fire 2

7-5 is way too low.

Who are the losses? Especially considering Mandel just said its the weakest division in football. Um...7-5 would then be HORRIBLE. If MR comes our and starts slinging it, then everything we've read about him adapting to his players is BS and the dude would be clueless.

I refuse to believe that, so I'm putting my money on Mandel and Feldman just not knowing what we're planning to do. Which is way more possible than MR slinging TA 600 times this season.

BYU, Miami, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan State

7-5 is way too low.

4-1

7-5 is way too low.

Projected wins

BYU: 8

Miami: 6

Winconsin: 9.6

Minnesota: 6

MSU: 9.5

There would be a couple bad losses in that group

• Fire 1

7-5 is way too low.

Feldman says 9-3 and win the division (I updated the title).

Minnesota very well could win 8 games agains this year, and we're not in much of a position to take them for granted (or most of the teams on our sched.) It's possible we could lose those five games IMHO. I don't think we will, but, I don't feel comfortable calling any of those a guaranteed W this year.

Ha ha! That was my reaction. Gerry might be one of the top couple of safeties in the nation.

Top couple in the nation? Not a chance. Top couple in the B1G? Possibly.

That was my thought. Generally a top 2 safety in the country won't make a play like this. I don't care how great you are but if you give an effort like this then that drops you way down the list.

u0rx16.gif