DPE Injured: Out 6-8 weeks.

This is worth a touchdown per game I would think, possible more.

This is a kids whole offseason worth of work down the crapper. Man I hope he comes back as the same DPe. Foot injuries are very shaky. Can linger for your entire life. Damn what a blow to this kid and to this team. Really hope he makes a speedy recovery, for this teams sake and for his.

Makes all those expectations conversations prior to seeing a single snap seem kind of useless doesn't it? In my opinion, it certainly does......

I would estimate an average of 10 points per game. It's not only the points DPE created on the offense and special teams, it's the times where he would have flipped the field and given our defense more yards to defend. Ugh, this really hurt.

Yup.

This is obviously a big blow with DPE being the game changer that he is, but if there's any position we could afford an injury to a top guy, it was probably WR.

I disagree. While, there is a lot of young talent there, it is VERY unproven. Now, the only guys with a lot of experience are Westerkamp and Reilly. Everyone else is a frosh or a guy who hasn't contributed much in their careers.

In addition, we needed DPE for returning punts. You know, because he is a preseason All-American at doing that.

Yeah, DPE was really good at doing that return the punt for a touchdown play.

This is obviously a big blow with DPE being the game changer that he is, but if there's any position we could afford an injury to a top guy, it was probably WR.

I disagree. While, there is a lot of young talent there, it is VERY unproven. Now, the only guys with a lot of experience are Westerkamp and Reilly. Everyone else is a frosh or a guy who hasn't contributed much in their careers.

In addition, we needed DPE for returning punts. You know, because he is a preseason All-American at doing that.

Yeah, DPE was really good at doing that return the punt for a touchdown play.

I blame Bo for not calling that play more often

This is a kids whole offseason worth of work down the crapper. Man I hope he comes back as the same DPe. Foot injuries are very shaky. Can linger for your entire life. Damn what a blow to this kid and to this team. Really hope he makes a speedy recovery, for this teams sake and for his.

Makes all those expectations conversations prior to seeing a single snap seem kind of useless doesn't it? In my opinion, it certainly does......

Great point. The foot is so crucial for any player on the field, let alone a skill position guy who needs it constantly to plant, make cuts... basically, it just puts up with a beating. Look no further than our own Taylor Martinez to see how a foot or ankle issue can linger permanently if not healed completely.

If you want a more apt comparison for a foot, look at Maurice Jones-Drew's last few years in the NFL after getting a Lisfranc fracture in 2012. He never had the same burst or wiggle again.

Reilly doesn't have great hands though. I feel like he drops a ton of footballs.

Pound the effin rock