SIGNED - QB Tristan Gebbia

Ed Helms

HuskerBoard Predictor  

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've always had the suspicion that Husker commits get downgraded by these outfits BECAUSE they commit to Nebraska. It appears that if you go to Nebraska you must not be 'that good'! What say you folks on this observation?

I've always thought it's more of an excuse for fans than anything. Florida State's, Oregon's and Ohio State's (1 of the 2) QBs also fell out of Top 247.
  • Fire 2

I've always had the suspicion that Husker commits get downgraded by these outfits BECAUSE they commit to Nebraska. It appears that if you go to Nebraska you must not be 'that good'! What say you folks on this observation?

No! That is just a fans speculation. Look at Avery when he committed, he hide a rise in rankings. You only follow the kids who commit here. Once someone commits elsewhere, you don't follow them and have no way of justifying your speculation. How do you know that a linebacker at OU didn't fall as wel? Their fans are probably saying the same thing. This is simply a product of geb not playing the game. He didn't go to camps... He worked on himself where the scouts couldn't watch him. Let his season speak for itself and see where the cards fall.

I said "suspicion" not "I know" but I also think kids who go to the Alabama's and Ohio States and Floridas and so on actually get bumped up in their ratings as the raters assume that if Bama wants him, he must be the best. Perhaps I am wrong but I would not be surprised to find somebody out there already has the data compiled. Recruits of the high ranked teams are given higher marks because of who is recruiting them. Obviously, recruiting sites want to look as smart and the top programs so they would naturally align themselves that way. Of course, a given QB, for example, who plays for Alabama is going to have a better career than the same QB who played for Purdue, simply because, presumably, he has better players, coaches, facilities, etc. around him. I believe it is somewhat a self fulfilling sort of deal. The top programs get the better recruits who become the top players because they have the advantages. This is a generalization of course but there is surely a degree of truth in it.

No! That is just a fans speculation. Look at Avery when he committed, he hide a rise in rankings. You only follow the kids who commit here. Once someone commits elsewhere, you don't follow them and have no way of justifying your speculation. How do you know that a linebacker at OU didn't fall as wel? Their fans are probably saying the same thing. This is simply a product of geb not playing the game. He didn't go to camps... He worked on himself where the scouts couldn't watch him. Let his season speak for itself and see where the cards fall.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...