Call your shot: 2015 Season Prediction

2015 Season Predictions  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

BYU - W

Lower 'Bama - W

@ Miami - L

S. Miss - W

@ Illinois - W

Wisky - W

@ Minn - L

NW - W

@ Purdue - W

MSU - L

@ Rutgers - W

I.O.W.A. - W

I think playing the Canes in Miami is going to be tough. And Wiscy won't be invincible on the road, in Lincoln. I threw Minny in there as a loss since every year we seem to drop a B1G game that we should win. (A trend I hope Riley breaks.)

I picked 11-1 for the record but I cannot choose which individual game it will be that we lose. Looking at them individually, I can't say we should lose any but I do feel well drop 1 (maybe 2) somewhere along the way.

Just looking at the spreads I am not sure if there is one game where I would not bet NU this year.

I do not think they will win every game but I like all the lines so far.

I predicted 10 wins and that is being conservative. I just don't see a scary team on the schedule. For expample, look at Wisconsins schedule...you know for sure they are losing to Bama...with NU I just don't see a "for sure" loss. With that said I just can't see undefeated.

Final: 7-5

BYU - L

South Alabama - W

@Miami - L

Southern Miss - W

@Illinois - W

Wisconsin - L

@Minnesota - L

Northwestern - W

@Purdue - W

Mich St - L

@Rutgers - W

Iowa - W

Wow, I am apparently one of the more bearish people here..ya'll are really drinking the koolaid. I feel like I should justify my prediction (although I hope I am completely wrong and we go 12-0 and win the national championship).

I think we'll get off to a slow start both offensively and defensively this year as the players adjust to the new schemes. As others have said, I think we'll be susceptible to the deep pass more than the run game this year. As BYU and Miami are both decent passing teams, I think we'll struggle out the gate and go 2-2 with easy wins against Southern Alabama & Miss. I don't think those two games will be close.

@ Illinois should be another auto win, but I don't think we will get past Wisconsin. They simply have more playmakers than we do right now. Hoping that will change after Riley and co. recruit some better players who fit in their system. Follow that with a loss to a quality Minnesota team, and the anti-Riley folks will be voicing their opinions loudly. 3-4 to start the season.

We'll recover a bit with two wins against Northwestern and @Purdue. Our offense will finally look settled in to the new system and the defense will dominate, holding both teams to under 3 touchdowns combined. Michigan St at home will be closer than most pundits think, with our offense making some good plays against a quality Sparty defense and our D line rattling Connor Cook with a pair of early sacks. Mich St wins by 3. We go 5-5.

I think we end the season with blowout wins against Rutgers and that other team, finishing the regular season 7-5. Will probably face Georgia again in a bowl and beat them fairly handily. 8-5. Jury's out as to how we should grade Riley and co. first season in Lincoln. No quality wins again and a downgrade from Pelini's 9 win seasons, but improvement in the second half of the season leads all of us to continue to have hope in our Huskers for next season.

9-3

2nd in the West

losses to Michigan State, Wisconsin and either Minnesota, Miami or BYU

But I think every game will be close, we will see improvement in play and far better team morale, team spirit. I think we will actually see a team, from scout to first team on both sides of the ball.

Hard not play hard for a guy like Coach Riley.

I think it will be interesting year. The way last season fell apart made me feel uneasy. I believe we will be more competitive this year. But I don't think we have all the parts in place yet (so to speak) to win all the quality, close games. Too many question marks, such as depth concerns at LB, will the Oline come together and protect Tommy, what kind of running game will we have, and how will Tommy handle this new offense. We should be a tough team to beat, but at the same time, we won't be unbeatable.

The games that stand out - BYU, at Miami, Wisconsin, MSU, Minn, and NW. How NU performs in those games will decide the season. BYU makes me nervous because it's the opener, and not a traditional cupcake opener. I don't think Miami is better than Nebraska at all. But I need to see with my own two eyes that we can go take care of business on the road in a game that should be heavily billed. And that's going to happen after just two games. Will we be ready by then? If it was later in the season, it's a Husker win - no brainer. I think our players should have that one circled (along with Wisconsin, Iowa, MSU, and Minn) just because of the extra curricular activity that went on in last season's game against the Canes. Should be a blast.

I want the Huskers to beat Wisconsin. I think they can. I just don't see it happening this year. I think we might pull off an upset against Michigan State, but won't be suprised if it doesn't happen. Because like NU, Sparty is a tough opponent to play no matter when or where (under Dantonio). That's a real coin toss IMO.

Minnesota and NW will be good ball games. We could split those. We could blow them both out. I don't know. But both squads have good coaches that have beaten the Huskers already and typically put up a good fight. I'm not too nervous about these games, but can't wait to see how it unfolds.

Will be an interesting season. When it's all said and done, I think if we get past a rocky start to the season, with an oline coming together week to week (linebackers too), Tommy clicking within the offense, a solid backfield, and a tough defense to run on, we could win 10 out of 12 with a shot for CCG. That sounds great to me, but I just don't think it all comes together in year 1. Expecting a competitive team that plays better throughout the year, with 3 tough losses within that schedule. A fourth loss would not suprise me this year, but I still voted 9-3. And I don't see that happening had the other coaches been retained. Sorry to say it, but I think we would have possibly seen 5 L's.