Pre-Season AP Poll

Mavric

So Huskers' schedule includes two ranked teams plus one "also receiving votes".

Which means absolutely nothing until some games are played and we see really how good these teams are.

10 SEC teams in the top 27??? BS.

But, some SEC teams are going to get bumped because they "beat a ranked SEC team" when, in reality, the team shouldn't have been ranked at all.

Ahhh... the plot thickens...

The top 5 looked ok. After that, it might have been the worst rankings I have ever seen.

Sam kinda goes his own way. I really don't get the love for PSU from him or anyone for that matter. Penn St. is not going to be any better than 8-4 IMO. Arkansas? They are getting better but are still looking at about 7 games on their schedule that could go either way. Cal, Utah, Okie St. all are stretches IMO. The one I do agree with is Oregon. I see 9-3 for them this year.

So Huskers' schedule includes two ranked teams plus one "also receiving votes".

Which means absolutely nothing until some games are played and we see really how good these teams are.

10 SEC teams in the top 27??? BS.

But, some SEC teams are going to get bumped because they "beat a ranked SEC team" when, in reality, the team shouldn't have been ranked at all.

It's how they stay ranked, that and the eSECpn media super hype that happens which poisons the water before the season even starts.

Oh...I already see how this is going to work.

Week 2 - Mississippi State will beat LSU (#14). The media (EsecPN) will rant about wow...what a huge win.....Miss State must be pretty good.....Ummm...LSU was 8-5 last year. MSU moves to top 20.

Week 4 - Mississippi State will beat Auburn (#6). The media will spew all over themselves about what a huge win it is Mississippi State is DEFINITELY for real. Ummm....Auburn was 8-5 last year. MSU moves to top 10.

They then get all the way to November 5th and EsecPN has jacked them so high because they have beat two top 15 teams (with one being #6 preseason) that they now are top 5 in the country. Meanwhile, nobody is noticing that LSU and Auburn have lost at least 3 games and looked like crap doing it. If it is even pointed out, they will write it off as...well, those losses came at the hands of other great teams with SEC speed.

Then....at some point at the end of the season MSU will fall flat on their faces and show they are not the world beaters they were made out to be. EsecPN will simply say that they got worn out playing through that tough SEC schedule.

Why do i feel like I have seen this happen before?

• Fire 5

Week 2 - Mississippi State will beat LSU (#14). The media (EsecPN) will rant about wow...what a huge win.....Miss State must be pretty good.....Ummm...LSU was 8-5 last year. MSU moves to top 20.

Week 4 - Mississippi State will beat Auburn (#6). The media will spew all over themselves about what a huge win it is Mississippi State is DEFINITELY for real. Ummm....Auburn was 8-5 last year. MSU moves to top 10.

They then get all the way to November 5th and EsecPN has jacked them so high because they have beat two top 15 teams (with one being #6 preseason) that they now are top 5 in the country. Meanwhile, nobody is noticing that LSU and Auburn have lost at least 3 games and looked like crap doing it. If it is even pointed out, they will write it off as...well, those losses came at the hands of other great teams with SEC speed.

Then....at some point at the end of the season MSU will fall flat on their faces and show they are not the world beaters they were made out to be. EsecPN will simply say that they got worn out playing through that tough SEC schedule.

actually didn't that happen last year

Just because it happened last season, doesn't mean it's going to happen again this year... Or does it?

We all know the polls this time of year are simply space eaters but I agree with starting OSU at the top! That is the only thing the pollsters got right here!

So if OSU gets upset by VT again, which scenario occurs:

A: OSU drops to unranked, because they clearly aren't any good because they lost to VT.

B: VT is suddenly in the top 10 because they beat OSU which means they are the new reigning Champs!

We all know the polls this time of year are simply space eaters but I agree with starting OSU at the top! That is the only thing the pollsters got right here!

A: OSU drops to unranked, because they clearly aren't any good because they lost to VT.

B: VT is suddenly in the top 10 because they beat OSU which means they are the new reigning Champs!

VaTech jumps to 15, tOSU drops to 16th.

In the SEC, loser drops ones spot, winner flies to 3rd.

VaTech jumps to 15, tOSU drops to 16th.

In the SEC, loser drops ones spot, winner flies to 3rd.

Glad you picked up on the true meaning of my post.