Tim Beckman fired!

Saunders

How were no assistant coaches, medical staff, or strength coaches not let go too? I find it hard to believe Beckman was acting alone.

Had the same thought. I would think that his staff was helping him do this, and if they weren't helping, they knew about it. Especially the coordinators. I think the AD had to get in front of it or he would've lost his job, and he had to have someone at least respectable replace Beckman, or he would have lost his job anyway. Either way you look at it, this AD is just barely hanging in there.

How were no assistant coaches, medical staff, or strength coaches not let go too? I find it hard to believe Beckman was acting alone.

The rest of the staff doesn't have buy out clauses.

That wouldn't matter if the AD had cause, one would think.

The coaching staff is probably still employed because of the impossible logistics around finding a new coaching staff a week from kickoff, and probably nothing more.

The rest of the staff doesn't have buy out clauses.

That wouldn't matter if the AD had cause, one would think.

The coaching staff is probably still employed because of the impossible logistics around finding a new coaching staff a week from kickoff, and probably nothing more.

So they get to continue being paid while they condoned the actions of a guy that was fired. Hell of a gig if you can get it.

Could never put my finger on anything and certainly didn't follow Illinois football, but this guy always seemed sleez to me. Maybe it was he was the only B1G coach to target Penn State players during the scandle summer.

I don't think he was the ONLY coach to target Penn State players. But he was certainly the most vocal and visual about it.

Could never put my finger on anything and certainly didn't follow Illinois football, but this guy always seemed sleez to me. Maybe it was he was the only B1G coach to target Penn State players during the scandle summer.

I don't think he was the ONLY coach to target Penn State players. But he was certainly the most vocal and visual about it.

Ok - I remember there was some sort of gentleman's agreement among B1G coaches about going after Penn State players with Beckman the only one going against it.

I guess that school just has no commitment to football. They would throw out a good team once every 4-6 years. I don't know the record off hand but it seems they would upset OSU, usually at the shoe, every few years. They made a Sugar Bowl and Rose Bowl in the BCS era.

• 2 months later...