The Blackshirts are back

knapplc

Cue angry fans tweeting these guys. Getting my popcorn

A big part of me is happy to see these guys still follow the program this closely. They could have easily cut ties with NU when NU cut ties with "their era". Members of Huskerboard have differing opinions on the how and when of handing out practice jerseys that fall on both sides. No one should call out players that have actually worn them about their beliefs. I hope their twitter feeds are full of "miss ya's" and "GBR"...

Not really sure what Alonzo's logic or reasoning is trying to get at in that middle tweet.

Doesn't really matter, regardless. These guys experienced the tradition one way, and it's their only point of reference. Lavonte is absolutely correct that they are earned, not just given, but noone but the coaches are allowed to say whether they are earned or not. Bo gave 9 blackshirts out before Wyoming in 2013 as well. Have never known for sure, did Bo and staff take the Blackshirts away after awful defensive outings against Ohio State, Wisconsin, etc.?

Interesting...I want to see where this goes. A super beloved Husker All American gives his thoughts that are opposite of most Husker fans.

You disagree that the Blackshirts are earned, not just given? I would say most Husker fans would agree with that, personally.

If you earn a top spot, you earn a shirt. If you lose a top spot, you lose a shirt. The coach defines "earn" and "lose".

Is it really anymore complicated than that???