The Blackshirts are back

knapplc

Interesting...I want to see where this goes. A super beloved Husker All American gives his thoughts that are opposite of most Husker fans.

You disagree that the Blackshirts are earned, not just given? I would say most Husker fans would agree with that, personally.

I mean it will be interesting to see if LD is now "attacked" for his thoughts.

I took LD's tweet to mean that they are earned from game play...

Either way, I really don't care. I just want them to win

Ugh, this whole idea of who had the tradition of the Blackshirts right is really lame. I don't think we were bitching about how Bo handled the Blackshirts in 2009 and 2010. He used them to motivate the team in a different manner.

But, now that all things Bo must be criticized endlessly, his POV of the Blackshirts is the worst thing ever.

• Fire 3

Ugh, this whole idea of who had the tradition of the Blackshirts right is really lame. I don't think we were bitching about how Bo handled the Blackshirts in 2009 and 2010. He used them to motivate the team in a different manner.

But, now that all things Bo must be criticized endlessly, his POV of the Blackshirts is the worst thing ever.

People have been complaining about it for at least 4 years now. It's never been a huge deal to me but it's still amusing to see recent players saying this "new" way is wrong, when it's actually the old way.

Simple solution. Take these jerseys home and put them in a drawer. At practice tomorrow hand out 11 unnumbered black mesh tear-a-ways to the first stringers for the week. Next week if someone moves up to starter status, give him a fancy jersey to take home and the tear-a-way of the guy he's replacing. The "trophy" jersey says the individual has earned a starters spot, the tear-a-ways stand for the defensive squad we'll take the field with this week.

Would that not work well enough to maintain the traditional intent and stop the Twitter fights? :dunno

People have been complaining about it for at least 4 years now. It's never been a huge deal to me but it's still amusing to see recent players saying this "new" way is wrong, when it's actually the old way.

Old way, new way, who freaking cares. What matters most is how the D plays on game day. Gangwish can cry and say how much it means for him to be a Blackshirt, but it won't mean jack sh&t if he doesn't play well on Saturdays.

I loved Gomes when he was a Husker. He is one of my favorite Huskers of the past 10 years. I don't have any ill will towards him just because he was part of a team that did things "differently".