Screw you complainers

knapplc

I'm ready for Nebraska to be on top of the food chain again. I can remember the glory years, but they are faded a bit.

Let's hope Riley pulls some solid talent and comes up with a killer system. If not I fear the memories of the past will continue to collect dust.

I don't expect anyone to understand this because I'm sure you have never had it. My mother used to make a sour cream raisin pie

If you went into the Y-Knot Café in Columbus and there was still a piece of sour cream and raisin pie left, you ordered it before your meal and then had the waitress bring it directly to you, because those pies had a shelf life of about 20 minutes.

I don't expect anyone to understand this because I'm sure you have never had it. My mother used to make a sour cream raisin pie

If you went into the Y-Knot Café in Columbus and there was still a piece of sour cream and raisin pie left, you ordered it before your meal and then had the waitress bring it directly to you, because those pies had a shelf life of about 20 minutes.

Man it sucks getting old. I was convinced I'd never had sour cream raisin pie before......until you mentioned the Y-Knot. I know I've had that pie there and it was awesome. Wish that place was still around. Pork Tenderloin sandwich and those curly fries, OMG. Best place ever. How long has it been closed? 20 years? Not many of their pies lasted very long. Their coconut cream pie was great too.

Man it sucks getting old. I was convinced I'd never had sour cream raisin pie before......until you mentioned the Y-Knot.

I don't recall the exact name of the burger, but it was a vege-something, with onions and carrots and what not browned up in a skillet and then mixed into the burger before frying...and yes, the curly fries! That and the Double K up in Norfolk with great fried chicken and rice pudding...

...it does indeed suck getting old, when your favorite restaurants are closed, your favorite actors are dead, and happy thoughts start with "I remember when..." when it used to be "One of these days soon I'm planning on..."

If we get 1 5* guy this recruiting cycle, I'm sure that in 5 years Riley will have his pie and eat it too. If we don't get a 5* but get more 4* than the average of the last 7 years, we will have pie, but not eat it too. If we don't improve on recruiting and it stays about the same, we will neither have pie nor eat it.

I've realized that what happens this season doesn't matter. Conference championship this year would be nice, but I'm not putting that as a standard. Hell, I'm not even going to hold him to #9wins. I've come to the realization that this season is really only about 2 things: seeing improvement in the quality of the teams play (not wins and losses, but HOW we win or lose) and the quality of the recruiting class.

Think of a coach's regime being like a pie. The first year, you're given the leftovers of the last cook, and you have to struggle to make the most out of it. Sometimes the last cook leaves good ingredients and other times does not. Each season is a new pie. Each recruiting class is bringing in fresh ingredients. Schemes are the recipies. Riley has different recipies than Bo, so he will need different ingredients. And even if this year's pie isn't so tasty, it's all about how the quality of the pie improves through a coach's regime.

This season may be lost for some, and so what if it is? For me, it's in 2 or 3 years when we play Oregon, tOSU, Mich. St. A top OOC game and the best of the BIG is the year we need to wait for. That will be the make or break year. Riley will have his own recruits, have had his system in for more than a few months, and be going up against a really difficult schedule. One that, if he can win it all, will not only end our conference championship drought but also put us in the playoff.

Then we can have our pie and eat it too. We just have to be patient.

But the funny thing is, you don't. You want to whine and cry and have some pissing contest with the other whiners, posting your whining on message boards and Facebook and Twitter, trying to see whose hyperbole can generate the most views. Your takes are not hot. Your crying is unimpressive.

Quoted for relevance.

The imbeciles have been loud and strong across the board today.

• Fire 2

But the funny thing is, you don't. You want to whine and cry and have some pissing contest with the other whiners, posting your whining on message boards and Facebook and Twitter, trying to see whose hyperbole can generate the most views. Your takes are not hot. Your crying is unimpressive.[/size]

Quoted for relevance.[/size]

The imbeciles have been loud and strong across the board today.[/size]

Yes I am sick of this as well.

• Fire 1