Screw you complainers

knapplc

I don't expect anyone to understand this because I'm sure you have never had it. My mother used to make a sour cream raisin pie that absolutely was orgasmic. Now, if you don't like sour cream raisin pie, what you have had, isn't my moms. Her's was completely different than anyone else's I have ever seen or tasted. It was from a very old recipe from her mother when her parents milked cows. She would sour her own cream to have real sour cream. Then, the pie wouldn't be one of these crappy raisin pies with a meringue. It had two crusts and the top crust would be really crispy and flaky. Yes...home made crust.

What's sad is she doesn't make it anymore because she has to get the cream directly from a dairy so that it isn't ruined by being processed. There aren't any more dairies in our area.

It might just be one of those things that are unfortunately lost in time.

I don't know why but that sounds awesome. Never had sour cream raisin pie before. She needs to find a smaller farm that has their own milk cow and see if she can get cream directly from them.

.....and then you could post the recipe....just sayin, don't leave us drooling here.

Birthday present idea for BRB's mom- a milk cow. Please let us know when she is making pies again.

• Fire 1

Not reading this whole mess of a thread, so apologies if this has already been covered.... but to 74Hunter and teacherCD and whoever else is sprouting this nonsense of Riley being a worse coach than Pelini:

Let's talk Tommy Armstrong. This coaching staff has done more to develop a competent QB in a few months than Bo's coaching staffs did in 7 years. That guy does not even look like the same player out there from 2014 to 2015. Seriously. Let's ride this thing out for a year or two, then we can see where we are. So far Armstrong is competent and NOT a turnover machine, and that's a substantial improvement on any QB Bo had (not named Joey Ganz, a fifth-year senior who came pre-coached). That's enough for me to look at this year in a positive mindset.

Not to mention improved tackling on the other side of the ball.

And recognizing in less than two games that you have to stop the run to win this conference, and implementing a system to do just that.

And...somehow more of our WR have learned how to run routs and catch balls.

And . . . people selectively mentioning only things they see as positive developments. Ignoring anything that looks bad or blaming Bo for those (as he was somehow the cause of only bad things).

Have I got this thread right?

408 was the rotten apple cast out of the bushel basket of good ones, he has taken his stink to Youngstown, nobody that I have read blames him for anything that might be construed as a problem in the Nebraska football scheme, (except crappy recruiting that has left the cupboard a little bare) Lots of good things happening under Riley, improvements mostly all around and 1 play from being undefeated. It really doesn't get much better than that.

Just for the record, some of us optimists won't go as far as young RADAR here, nor do we endorse his metaphors.

• Fire 1

Not reading this whole mess of a thread, so apologies if this has already been covered.... but to 74Hunter and teacherCD and whoever else is sprouting this nonsense of Riley being a worse coach than Pelini:

Let's talk Tommy Armstrong. This coaching staff has done more to develop a competent QB in a few months than Bo's coaching staffs did in 7 years. That guy does not even look like the same player out there from 2014 to 2015. Seriously. Let's ride this thing out for a year or two, then we can see where we are. So far Armstrong is competent and NOT a turnover machine, and that's a substantial improvement on any QB Bo had (not named Joey Ganz, a fifth-year senior who came pre-coached). That's enough for me to look at this year in a positive mindset.

And recognizing in less than two games that you have to stop the run to win this conference, and implementing a system to do just that.

And . . . people selectively mentioning only things they see as positive developments. Ignoring anything that looks bad or blaming Bo for those (as he was somehow the cause of only bad things).

408 was the rotten apple cast out of the bushel basket of good ones, he has taken his stink to Youngstown, nobody that I have read blames him for anything that might be construed as a problem in the Nebraska football scheme, (except crappy recruiting that has left the cupboard a little bare) Lots of good things happening under Riley, improvements mostly all around and 1 play from being undefeated. It really doesn't get much better than that.

Just for the record, some of us optimists won't go as far as young RADAR here, nor do we endorse his metaphors.

Sorry, but when he tells me to F#@k off, and kiss his ass, I take it personal. I won't ever forget that and as I said earlier, if he ever came back to the stadium, I would boo him off the field. So says this booster and season ticket holder of over 30 years. So as you can surmise, not so young.

• Fire 1

Sorry, but when he tells me to F#@k off, and kiss his ass, I take it personal. I won't ever forget that and as I said earlier, if he ever came back to the stadium, I would boo him off the field. So says this booster and season ticket holder of over 30 years.

We'll put you down for booberry pie.

• Fire 2

Buttered Raisin Toast! chuckleshuffle Yum, and I am not worried that Mike Riley isn't being criticized enough as well. He recognizes he has some work to do yet, and other than a few comments by a few posters, most of us optimist have never said things were perfect.

Will you give it a rest already? Both sides are selectively choosing whatever evidence they can find to support their favored coach. All this arguing is not only pointless, but further dividing the fanbase and distracting us from simply enjoying a damn football game.

Yes, not everything was bad under Bo. Yes, 'anyone could win 9 games at Nebraska' was used to discredit Bo. We get it! And rehashing this argument over and over is not going to undo his audio tapes, his poor behavior, 408, nor is it going to give him his job back. He's gone. And if you want to keep him as 'your' coach, Youngstown State is apparently a pretty competitive team in the FCS level, and you can go make your own echo chamber there about how awesome your coach is. But seriously, at this point, you're making yourself unwelcome here.

As to the other side of the argument, consider this: Mike Riley and staff are not perfect. They won't fix everything in th first month, or even the first year. It may take 2 or 3 for them to even get to the CCG. There are a number of issues with both the offense and the defense that we, as fans, have every right to point out and criticize. I personally don't like the current secondary play, I feel there still needs to be some improvement in the running game, and I'm still not sold on Riley and staff being able to win us championships, mostly because of thir previous record. Yes, Nebraska is miles ahead of where Oregon State is in terms of talent, facilities, brand recognition, support from the university, and on and on, but that doesn't mean that this staff will succeed. I hopened they do, and I hope it comes quickly. Though, even with a two game sample size, I see a tendency to address and improve problem areas, and I like that. But we could be in for a 7-5 season, or possibly worse if Illinois and Northwestern have improved as much as the talking heads are saying they have. I have hope, but I've tempered my expectations.

Tl;dr, Bo is gone, get over it or leave. Mike Riley isn't perfect and has had a poor record for most of his career.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, and for God's sake, quit arguing over the past!

You, like others, ask people not to argue over the past only when it doesn't fit their "accepted narrative" that Bo is bad. If someone attacks Bo, the old S&C guy, etc., that's fine. And if you disagree with those comments, then you should keep quite and/or change your allegiance to YSU. Yes, no logic flaws there. You can't have your pie, and eat it too.

(Incidentally, if you don't want to listen to me or others, then feel free to block us, or don't read posts that address the subjects you don't want to read. Pretty simple.)

Some people still support Bo Pelini, some would vote for Ted Cruz.

Let's accept that some people are just different.

Our AD said that 408 was not fit to lead or coach the young men at Nebraska.

Not much wrong in that statement. I would add "anywhere" but that is just me.

and Ted Cruz is my kind of guy. chuckleshuffle

Grandma made a excellent Rhubarb pie. I love it.

Chocolate Cream and Banana Cream, can't go wrong there. Even if you buy the frozen ones out of the coolers at the Grocery store, yep they are still delicious.

I've never tried this Sour Cream and Raisin Pie, but damn I am intrigued by the idea of it.

So did we determine, is apple crisp technically a pie? If so, where does Peach Cobbler fall in this discussion. I've never had any sort of Peach Pie, but I've ate the hell out of some Peach Cobbler. Love that stuff!

Grandma made a excellent Rhubarb pie. I love it.

Chocolate Cream and Banana Cream, can't go wrong there. Even if you buy the frozen ones out of the coolers at the Grocery store, yep they are still delicious.

I've never tried this Sour Cream and Raisin Pie, but damn I am intrigued by the idea of it.

So did we determine, is apple crisp technically a pie? If so, where does Peach Cobbler fall in this discussion. I've never had any sort of Peach Pie, but I've ate the hell out of some Peach Cobbler. Love that stuff!

A duck-duck-go search led to this article explaining the difference between crisps, cobblers, etc.,.

All this talk of rhubarb reminds me I have some in the freezer from earlier this summer that needs to be made into a crisp.