Screw you complainers

knapplc

Also, I disagree with the assertion that BC's offense was great. It was to offense as Bo's scheme was to Defense. It was overly complicated, and the better teams, BC's offense got shut down.

I don't know about "great" but the offense wasn't really the problem and was often entertaining at the very least.

Hold on. Let me go check something.

Yeah. It looks like the Nebraska offense held its own or outgained the three ranked teams it played in 2005.

Callahan's 2006 team went up against the #4, #5, #8, #10 and #24 teams that season. Only USC was an outright stinker. NU outgained both #8 Oklahoma and #10 Auburn to end the season.

In the 2007 debacle, the Husker offense put up more than 400 yards against #1 USC, #8 Kansas and #17 Texas. And scored 173 points in their last three games.

Too many yards through the air for some Husker fans, but it was the defensive humiliations that drove Callahan out of town.

• Fire 1

Also, I disagree with the assertion that BC's offense was great. It was to offense as Bo's scheme was to Defense. It was overly complicated, and the better teams, BC's offense got shut down.

I don't know about "great" but the offense wasn't really the problem and was often entertaining at the very least.

Yeah. It looks like the Nebraska offense held its own or outgained the three ranked teams it played in 2005.

Callahan's 2006 team went up against the #4, #5, #8, #10 and #24 teams that season. Only USC was an outright stinker. NU outgained both #8 Oklahoma and #10 Auburn to end the season.

In the 2007 debacle, the Husker offense put up more than 400 yards against #1 USC, #8 Kansas and #17 Texas. And scored 173 points in their last three games.

Too many yards through the air for some Husker fans, but it was the defensive humiliations that drove Callahan out of town.

Yea, I wouldn't say "great" either, but I couldn't disgree more than I do with the notion that the offense was overcomplicated to the point that Bo's defense was. Nebraska executed the offense pretty effectively for the most part, just missed that big time QB to really put it all together. I liked the run game and the screen game in those days though, and we used to run some very effective crossing routes and intermediate stuff. Not a complicated offense at all really. Just needed a QB that could read defenses and make the throws consistently.

Cosgrove was the let down.

Yards are ok, but points really matter. But, look at when those yards were put up. They did nothing until garbage time against USC, KU, and aTm, and Oklahoma state in 2007.

Yards are ok, but points really matter. But, look at when those yards were put up. They did nothing until garbage time against USC, KU, and aTm, and Oklahoma state in 2007.

Points are ALL that matter.

I think we should make this thread the only thread on HuskerBoard and just fold all conversations into it.

I agree. So, do you like pie?

Saunders.................. I f'ing love pie. Are we talking sweet panty pie or bakers square pie.

Are we talking about pie, the food, or some kind of sweet lady thang?

The nice thing about that internet link that you mentioned is that people can go read it for themselves.

Yes, because everything on the internet is true. Very credible.

Unfortunately for your argument, that also means that they can go read your past posts for themselves. The contradictions are undeniable.

I can't believe that this is so over your head.

keep claiming that the people who played, coached, opined, and laced up their cleats agree with you . . . without ever bothering to demonstrate the same.

Not sure if it's a reading comprehension deal, delusion, or dishonesty, but I've never claimed this. On the contrary, I've said that the media has been mostly nice to Riley.

If you need to hear it for yourself I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding links to podcasts.

Cosgrove was out of his element against those Big XII offenses. He probably would have been better in the Big Ten. Kinda the anti-Pelini.

Remember he came from Wisconsin and their defense wasn't that great while he was there.

Back then Wisconsin's standards weren't so high. Apparently:

2008CosgroveKevin1_small.jpg

Kevin Cosgrove. Wisconsin Football Hall of Fame inductee. LINK

• Fire 1