Screw you complainers

knapplc

I think some people get confused with a few things...

1. Not liking the hire doesn't mean you don't love NU

Not liking the hire is not what annoys most of us, it is not being willing to acknowledge the building pile of evidence that a lot of things happening in the program are better under Riley, from program positivity, to coaching, to gung-ho recruiting. These things can not be denied and if a fan truly wants Nebraska to be better, he has to be willing to acknowledge that this is happening. There are some here and elsewhere that do not want these thing to occur, because it makes the firing of 408 look like a better idea every day that passes.

I get it, I really do...but lots of people just want to be an "I told you so" that is the annoying part...both ways.

I am pumped with the hire and I bug my buddies that are anti-Riley about it all the time...I am sure they hate me

Here's the thing though.

WHY be "anti-Riley"? That makes absolutely no sense until he does something AT NEBRASKA that makes you feel that way. OK, you they think we could have hired someone better. So be it. Riley is here now. Why not get behind him and root for him instead of constantly reminding us how horrible life is under Riley and how he is going to fail and the world is going to end..and on and on and on.

• Fire 2

I think some people get confused with a few things...

1. Not liking the hire doesn't mean you don't love NU

Not liking the hire is not what annoys most of us, it is not being willing to acknowledge the building pile of evidence that a lot of things happening in the program are better under Riley, from program positivity, to coaching, to gung-ho recruiting. These things can not be denied and if a fan truly wants Nebraska to be better, he has to be willing to acknowledge that this is happening. There are some here and elsewhere that do not want these thing to occur, because it makes the firing of 408 look like a better idea every day that passes.

I get it, I really do...but lots of people just want to be an "I told you so" that is the annoying part...both ways.

I am pumped with the hire and I bug my buddies that are anti-Riley about it all the time...I am sure they hate me

Here's the thing though.

WHY be "anti-Riley"? That makes absolutely no sense until he does something AT NEBRASKA that makes you feel that way. OK, you they think we could have hired someone better. So be it. Riley is here now. Why not get behind him and root for him instead of constantly reminding us how horrible life is under Riley and how he is going to fail and the world is going to end..and on and on and on.

I hear you! I don't get it at all...I am just saying that it doesn't matter anymore than my lucky shirt. So I guess I just don't let it bother me...most of the time.

I want the guy to win the rest of the games this year...

What is wrong with just Pro-Nebraska and everyone involved with the program. Why be anti-Husker anything? I don't get it. I agree with Saunders, I have supported all of the coaches we have had since I can remember. Osborne, Solich, Callahan, and Pelini. I supported them until the wheels fell off and a change was inevitable. Even when I was unhappy with how Bo and Callahan were doing things, I always rooted for the team to be successful and them to figure it out.

Some are already, after two damn games, written off this hire to, as teach said, be able to say I told you so. That is the annoying part.

• Fire 3

What is wrong with just Pro-Nebraska and everyone involved with the program. Why be anti-Husker anything? I don't get it. I agree with Saunders, I have supported all of the coaches we have had since I can remember. Osborne, Solich, Callahan, and Pelini. I supported them until the wheels fell off and a change was inevitable. Even when I was unhappy with how Bo and Callahan were doing things, I always rooted for the team to be successful and them to figure it out.

Some are already, after two damn games, written off this hire to, as teach said, be able to say I told you so. That is the annoying part.

Heck...when Solich was fired, I found out while laying in bed with my wife just about to get some action. I was so pissed when it came over the TV that it totally ruined the mood. If there was any guy who should have not liked that transition, it should have been me. However, I still supported Callahan when he got here and got excited about some things I saw happening.

Just because "your guy" didn't get hired, doesn't mean you can't still support and get excited about who DID get hired.

Heck...when Solich was fired, I found out while laying in bed with my wife just about to get some action. I was so pissed when it came over the TV that it totally ruined the mood. If there was any guy who should have not liked that transition, it should have been me. However, I still supported Callahan when he got here and got excited about some things I saw happening.

Just because "your guy" didn't get hired, doesn't mean you can't still support and get excited about who DID get hired.

You need to be "in the mood"...I just need to be awake!

• Fire 1

Heres the thing. I think Bret Bielma is a worthless excuse for a coach. He wins games and blah blah blah. Awful guy who runs his mouth and comes off classless.

Had he been hired to coach here, I would have not liked it. But I wouldn't be on here complainjng every day about the hire. I woulf be talking about what positives will come from it.

In other words, if you don't like the Riley hire, too bad. Get over it.

But what did you think about the football program?

Fans are fanatical and that means many times we have unreasonable or unfounded optimism of a sports team. Good lord, why is it fun for some to be pissed and negative all the time?

I agree with this, with one caveat. Some people who are taking this stance now, lambasted those who took this stance the last few years.

Hopefully you can recognize the huge difference between being fed up with a coach in year 7 and not even giving the new coach a chance? The fact that you said this was some sort of caveat tells me that maybe you don't recognize that difference and that is rather concerning IMO.

• Fire 5

But what did you think about the football program?

Always love the Huskers. :corndance

No, sir. What you're saying is the precise opposite of being consistent and your bald-faced claims to the contrary won't change that.

Your feelings and your opinion are fine but for goodness sake please be honest about it. You think that Bo Pelini got a raw deal and that he is/was a better coach than Mike Riley. I have no doubt that you have your reasons (which probably include hours of sports talk radio) for thinking that. That said, don't pretend to be fair and balanced when you've made excuses for one and then insisted that there can be no excuses for the other.

Own it.

It's unfortunate that nothing you've said is true. I'm following the narrative that has been going around here for years. Not my narrative, but whatever.

And I'm on the record for saying that Bo needed to go.

If you'd bother to inform yourself then you might just learn that most of the talking heads around these parts speak well of Riley and staff. I realize that you don't feel that people who have access to the program ( many who have played or coached the game at the highest levels) and relate their opinions over the air are as credible as a random message board poster who's never laced up a pair of cleats, but often times former NFLers know a little about the game. Sorry, In don't have an internet link for you, so I'm sure you won't buy into that theory.

And to set the record, again, to form my opinion, I've simply checked out what this staff has done. Bill parcels said you are what your record says it is.