Screw you complainers

knapplc

I dont' think it is very useful to spend so much time debating the Bo vs. Mike vs. Bill vs. Frank vs. Tom vs. Urban vs Unknamed Famous Coach X! It is impossible to determine exactly which one is better as it is NOT something that can be objectively measured perfectly. Debating which player was the greatest in any sport or era or even on a given team is likewise a never ending dispute. People just need to agree to disagree. There is no way even theoretically to compute or measure or weigh or compare them. It is really difficult to determine which team is the 'best' and sometimes even after a pair of teams play each other and one wins, it can be difficult to decide which is 'the best'. Defining 'the best' can be as big an argument as applying that definition objectively to a given situation or team or game, etc.

The whole point of Huskerboard, in my view, is a forum to debate and discuss and argue one's opinions. Talking about football is almost as much fun as watching or even playing the game for most people. Let's all try to keep this discussion FUN and respectful and sincere. We can disagree amicably. And once a given topic has been discussed and debated ad nauseum (Bo Pelini stays/goes/better/worse, etc) is history. Let's talk 2015 Husker football, atleast during the season. Just my humble suggestion. I realize I am a new contributor and my views carry little weight but just trying to encourage a positive and friendly environment here!

• Fire 2

Go to pretty much any other teams message board and ask about firing a 9/10 win coach and the entitlement mentality.

Go back and see what Urb said about our,job the last time we fired a 9/10 win coach. Those who do not learn from history are bound to repeat it.

Be careful what you wish for. If you think that we are irrelevant now, go ahead and fire Bo after another 9 win season, we'll be Minnesota 2.0.

I'm confused. Are we Oregon State East or Minnesota 2.0? :ahhhhhhhh

maybe we are Minnesota East State 2.0?

I dont' think it is very useful to spend so much time debating the Bo vs. Mike vs. Bill vs. Frank vs. Tom vs. Urban vs Unknamed Famous Coach X! It is impossible to determine exactly which one is better as it is NOT something that can be objectively measured perfectly. Debating which player was the greatest in any sport or era or even on a given team is likewise a never ending dispute. People just need to agree to disagree. There is no way even theoretically to compute or measure or weigh or compare them. It is really difficult to determine which team is the 'best' and sometimes even after a pair of teams play each other and one wins, it can be difficult to decide which is 'the best'. Defining 'the best' can be as big an argument as applying that definition objectively to a given situation or team or game, etc.

The whole point of Huskerboard, in my view, is a forum to debate and discuss and argue one's opinions. Talking about football is almost as much fun as watching or even playing the game for most people. Let's all try to keep this discussion FUN and respectful and sincere. We can disagree amicably. And once a given topic has been discussed and debated ad nauseum (Bo Pelini stays/goes/better/worse, etc) is history. Let's talk 2015 Husker football, atleast during the season. Just my humble suggestion. I realize I am a new contributor and my views carry little weight but just trying to encourage a positive and friendly environment here!

Quality effort. Won't work but I'll give you :thumbs

Not reading this whole mess of a thread, so apologies if this has already been covered.... but to 74Hunter and teacherCD and whoever else is sprouting this nonsense of Riley being a worse coach than Pelini:

Let's talk Tommy Armstrong. This coaching staff has done more to develop a competent QB in a few months than Bo's coaching staffs did in 7 years. That guy does not even look like the same player out there from 2014 to 2015. Seriously. Let's ride this thing out for a year or two, then we can see where we are. So far Armstrong is competent and NOT a turnover machine, and that's a substantial improvement on any QB Bo had (not named Joey Ganz, a fifth-year senior who came pre-coached). That's enough for me to look at this year in a positive mindset.

Not to mention improved tackling on the other side of the ball.

And recognizing in less than two games that you have to stop the run to win this conference, and implementing a system to do just that.

And...somehow more of our WR have learned how to run routs and catch balls.

Running out of +1's guys. Awesome stuff. Good to see some positivity and some recognition for a lot of really good stuff.

Not reading this whole mess of a thread, so apologies if this has already been covered.... but to 74Hunter and teacherCD and whoever else is sprouting this nonsense of Riley being a worse coach than Pelini:

Let's talk Tommy Armstrong. This coaching staff has done more to develop a competent QB in a few months than Bo's coaching staffs did in 7 years. That guy does not even look like the same player out there from 2014 to 2015. Seriously. Let's ride this thing out for a year or two, then we can see where we are. So far Armstrong is competent and NOT a turnover machine, and that's a substantial improvement on any QB Bo had (not named Joey Ganz, a fifth-year senior who came pre-coached). That's enough for me to look at this year in a positive mindset.

And recognizing in less than two games that you have to stop the run to win this conference, and implementing a system to do just that.

Have we stopped the run well in our conference games this season?

We haven't played any. BYu and Southern Alabama are not in our conference. They are part of what we call the "Non-Conference schedule". Great question though. I always appreciate someone willing to ask a question. If ya don't know, ASK, that what my grand pappy used to say.

• Fire 4

well they haven't given up any rushing yards in conference games yet.

well they haven't given up any rushing yards in conference games yet.

That. Is a valid point.

I mean, I get what you're trying to say--yes we've done much better against the run, but didn't Pelini teams do well against the run in non-conference as well? Well...you'd be surprised, but the answer to that question is a resounding no. Through two games this year (one against probably our toughest opening day opponent since BP coached his first game) we've surrendered just 151 yards on the ground. In his last two years, Bo Pelini never even sniffed that number.

I mean, I get what you're trying to say--yes we've done much better against the run, but didn't Pelini teams do well against the run in non-conference as well? Well...you'd be surprised, but the answer to that question is a resounding no. Through two games this year (one against probably our toughest opening day opponent since BP coached his first game) we've surrendered just 151 yards on the ground. In his last two years, Bo Pelini never even sniffed that number.

Last year Pelini's defense gave up 178 yards rushing to McNeese St. alone.

But Louisiana Speed

But Louisiana Speed

Just like Popeye's Chicken

Its time to put a stake through the Bolievers!

Qb play is much improved

Tackling is much improved

Receiving is much improved

O-line play is much improved

Linebacker play is much improved

Playcalling is much improved

Run defense is much improved

Half time adjustments, ah yes, half time adjustments again!

Team moral and chemistry is much improved

We have professionals that are teachers and not just yellers.

All this and we have yet to field a team at full strength.

If Riley could win a Conference Championship in his first year, hell any year, that would throw the final shovel of dirt on them.

They should build a statue of Eichorst for fixing one of Tom's biggest mistakes.

Thank you Shawn Eichorst, for making decisions to help make Husker football GREAT again.

• Fire 2