Screw you complainers

knapplc

Why would it bum me out. A small search drummed up a perfect example. A blind and or drunk monkey could coach us to 9 wins. You can't make this stuff up.

Heres the thing. I don't agree with that statement at all and feel it was a common excuse used by those wanting to oust Bo and will again be used this season if we win less than 9. It's a total cop out.

Some want to pretend that games against the likes of Illinois, Rutgers, Purdue, NW, or Indiana should be gimmes no matter what because "We are Nebraska". (How have we still not played Indiana?) But the truth of the matter is this:

So what if Bo won the games he was supposed to win? I mean I could understand the gripe if he lost to teams he was supposed to easily beat, couple of times he almost did and a couple of times he did. But regularly he beat enough of them to win 9.

Now, some are using that same argument against Riley. We beat USA handily but it doesn't really count because it was USA. Gimme a break. A win is a win is a win.

I'm still pissed about the hail mary and think we could have taken several steps to avoid that scenario but I won't get into it. Fact is we faced a quality opponent in our opener and lost on an allegedly fluke play. The growing pains were there, we try to get better. Thats all we can ask. The season isn't over. I dont know if we win 9 or 10 games this year, I hope we do.

In closing, the any idiot could win 9 games is BS. We had a guy who couldn't win 6 and he was definitely an idiot. Riley is not that.

Thanks to you and Strangelove.

Selective memory is mother bleeper.

And if you think that I've got a personal axe to grind with nice Mike, you're wrong. The program is bigger than any coach. I want this program to succeed, but his track record suggests that he is not as good of coach as our previous coach was.

And yes, I'm on the record as saying that he is way more Billy C.V2 than he is BD, TO, FS, or BP. What I saw last week was better than what I saw this week. This offense looks way too Billy C. for me.

This post is the very definition of "an axe to grind."

Just like your previous posts.

Please explain to me this supposed axe.

Why would it bum me out. A small search drummed up a perfect example. A blind and or drunk monkey could coach us to 9 wins. You can't make this stuff up.

Heres the thing. I don't agree with that statement at all and feel it was a common excuse used by those wanting to oust Bo and will again be used this season if we win less than 9. It's a total cop out.

Some want to pretend that games against the likes of Illinois, Rutgers, Purdue, NW, or Indiana should be gimmes no matter what because "We are Nebraska". (How have we still not played Indiana?) But the truth of the matter is this:

So what if Bo won the games he was supposed to win? I mean I could understand the gripe if he lost to teams he was supposed to easily beat, couple of times he almost did and a couple of times he did. But regularly he beat enough of them to win 9.

Now, some are using that same argument against Riley. We beat USA handily but it doesn't really count because it was USA. Gimme a break. A win is a win is a win.

I'm still pissed about the hail mary and think we could have taken several steps to avoid that scenario but I won't get into it. Fact is we faced a quality opponent in our opener and lost on an allegedly fluke play. The growing pains were there, we try to get better. Thats all we can ask. The season isn't over. I dont know if we win 9 or 10 games this year, I hope we do.

In closing, the any idiot could win 9 games is BS. We had a guy who couldn't win 6 and he was definitely an idiot. Riley is not that.

Something like that

Err....

One example doth not a "narrative" make. Even half a dozen won't. Even if you find a dozen, it still doesn't explain all the replies in all the threads where that ISN'T being discussed.

What does explain it is the axe and the grindstone. Occam's Razor, etc etc etc

I recognize my earlier post had conjecture within my comment that Bo probably would have lost the BYU game by much more than MR, but that conjecture was based on his 7 year history of loosing his composure, looking at his coaching staff on the sidelines while cursing and flailing his arms around for someone to come up with an answer as to why his team was getting crushed by any team that had more than a pulse!

I was not advocating that MR is the messiah nor did I say the Huskers were a national title contender, but what I did say was that I seen our coaching staff educating our players ~ even after a positive drive or defensive stand ~ on things the players need to be aware of ~ what the coaches were seeing ~.

After game (2), I once again seen progress and again, if you watched the same game I did, you again have to recognize the marked improvments across the board. Look, USA is no Miami and Miami is no Ohio State but just look at TA's improvments from one week of actual game film study and another week in MR system. For the most part, he looked for the progressions or more than 1 reciever and made solid choices.

I do not see anyone on this board saying "We are back!"

What I am seeing being posted here on HB is; there is optimizim among those of us who are looking at more than the score board and we will continue to watch what happens throughout the season before we come to any conclusion.

You all are entitled to have your own opinions and that is fine, no one is saying you need to conform to anything. Just allow a few games to be played out. I will end this rant with what Guy Chamberlain stated above. "It's a lot more fun over here"

• Fire 2

i remember when the "any monkey can win 9 games at nebraska" talk started. .it was some posters that were angry about Bo being fired and they started in saying that Nebraska screwed up if the new coach doesn't win 9 games since we just fired Bo who always won 9. never mind that Bo wasn't fired for winning 9 games a year. i

• Fire 1

i remember when the "any monkey can win 9 games at nebraska" talk started. .it was some posters that were angry about Bo being fired and they started in saying that Nebraska screwed up if the new coach doesn't win 9 games since we just fired Bo who always won 9. never mind that Bo wasn't fired for winning 9 games a year. i

Incorrect, and not at all true.