Screw you complainers

knapplc

So, no coach with any head coaching experience should ever come to Nebraska and not immediately win nine games, every year? There are zero extenuating circumstances, ever?

I don't know about "ever", but review the last 5 head coaching changes at Nebraska and I'd say Riley needs to get it done and get it done immediately. Pelini did it with no head coaching experience.......so I guess that might answer the question since he's the worst coach to ever take a breath of air.

the Bolievers are going to chirp about any percieved mistep by the Huskers for the next 7 years. we have to live with that now. right Sker?

I'm not concerned with references to "Bolievers" or "7 years". You might notice I referenced the past 5 coaching changes.....and I'm not really interested in debating Pelini. We did what we should have done yesterday against a far inferior opponent......it told us nothing. I don't think Riley's offensive philosophy is the best fit for where we need to get to.

I think a big reason 2013 & 2014 felt so disappointing is Bo & Co. knew since preseason 2010 that the schedule would turn favorable in 2013. They had 3-4 years to get their sh#t together and get the roster straightened out to take advantage of that. Obviously they screwed the pooch in that regard.

• Fire 1

So, no coach with any head coaching experience should ever come to Nebraska and not immediately win nine games, every year? There are zero extenuating circumstances, ever?

I don't know about "ever", but review the last 5 head coaching changes at Nebraska and I'd say Riley needs to get it done and get it done immediately. Pelini did it with no head coaching experience.......so I guess that might answer the question since he's the worst coach to ever take a breath of air.

the Bolievers are going to chirp about any percieved mistep by the Huskers for the next 7 years. we have to live with that now. right Sker?

I'm not concerned with references to "Bolievers" or "7 years". You might notice I referenced the past 5 coaching changes.....and I'm not really interested in debating Pelini. We did what we should have done yesterday against a far inferior opponent......it told us nothing. I don't think Riley's offensive philosophy is the best fit for where we need to get to.

We just beat a South Alabama team in slightly better fashion than a Bo Pelini team would have beaten a Sun Belt team.

Those Sun Belt team wins do count don't they? I mean they are half the reason he should still be here right?? He won 9 games a year and all blah blah blah right?? Well they were against teams like South Alabama.

• Fire 1

Mods, is there any way I can transfer all the rep points I've accumulated over the years to knapplc's post up there?

Hey the other day when you were hounding me for someone who said any idiot could win 9 games here, see above.

Context. He's not saying he thinks any idiot can win 9 games, he's saying "that was the narrative". Which is still largely bullsh#t. knapplc couldn't have explained it any more clearly.

Mods, is there any way I can transfer all the rep points I've accumulated over the years to knapplc's post up there?

Hey the other day when you were hounding me for someone who said any idiot could win 9 games here, see above.

Context. He's not saying he thinks any idiot can win 9 games, he's saying "that was the narrative". Which is still largely bullsh#t. knapplc couldn't have explained it any more clearly.

Right, but I'm not alone on remembering all the talk about it. Sadly the guy that remembers that discussion is 74Hunter.

knapps post is gold.

YSU could always use more fans.

Pelini's Penguins this week beat Robert Morris, whoever that is, in overtime.

I would hope a whole team could beat one guy, geez. This Robert Morris fellow must be quite the gamer though to play a whole team by himself!

Yeah, he owns all the stats. Just don't call him Bobby Mo because he gets.... well I mean....just don't go there, man. :ohnoes

Fail dude. Everything I've said is true. The narrative is that 9 wins is built into our schedule and that any incompetent idiot can win 9 games here. It's exactly why the last coaching regime is deemed a failure by some.

And if you think that I've got a personal axe to grind with nice Mike, you're wrong. The program is bigger than any coach. I want this program to succeed, but his track record suggests that he is not as good of coach as our previous coach was.

And yes, I'm on the record as saying that he is way more Billy C.V2 than he is BD, TO, FS, or BP. What I saw last week was better than what I saw this week. This offense looks way too Billy C. for me.

Show me where "the narrative" is being discussed. Which threads? By which people? Where?

If it makes any of you feel better, BYU with Mangum as starter defeated #20 Boise State yesterday. BYU could well be ranked later today.

In terms of opening games, that was a lot tougher than faced by Riley's predecessors.

And the complainers were only :01 and/or 2 inches from having nothing to complain about.

I'm almost certain we can be cautious, even skeptical, while maintaining a healthy degree of optimism.

I'd even declare the glass three-quarters full.

Come on. It's more fun over here.

Fail dude. Everything I've said is true. The narrative is that 9 wins is built into our schedule and that any incompetent idiot can win 9 games here. It's exactly why the last coaching regime is deemed a failure by some.

And if you think that I've got a personal axe to grind with nice Mike, you're wrong. The program is bigger than any coach. I want this program to succeed, but his track record suggests that he is not as good of coach as our previous coach was.

And yes, I'm on the record as saying that he is way more Billy C.V2 than he is BD, TO, FS, or BP. What I saw last week was better than what I saw this week. This offense looks way too Billy C. for me.

Show me where "the narrative" is being discussed. Which threads? By which people? Where?

The 9 win narrative has been discussed extensiveness by people at water coolers, message boards, the Journal Star and OWH for the last few years.

Few people are impressed with 9 wins a year when it comes with multiple blowouts and most of the victories come against teams without a pulse. Unless you're living under a rock, you understand completely what "narrative" 74Hunter is referring too.

No. The very specific narrative he's on about is a straw man, a conflation of several different ideas into a "narrative" that has never existed. That straw man is now being used as a benchmark for Riley, errantly, because someone has an axe to grind.

How do we know this? Because that false narrative has been thrown into every thread, every conversation, regardless of context, since December 4th, 2014. It's not a reply to any specific post, person, game or situation, it's a gripe stated more often in spite of the evidence we've seen.

• Fire 2