Screw you complainers

knapplc

This wasn't BYU's to lose. Nebraska was favored, at home, with BYU's stud QB hurt for most of the game.

I'm not going to quit on this team, turn the channel and not watch, demand for Bo's return, or call for Riley's head.

That doesn't mean I can't or won't complain.

• Fire 5

This wasn't BYU's to lose. Nebraska was favored, at home, with BYU's stud QB hurt for most of the game.

I'm not going to quit on this team, turn the channel and not watch, demand for Bo's return, or call for Riley's head.

That doesn't mean I can't or won't complain.

We shouldn't have been favored, I've been spending the last month saying that, and why.

There's complaining and there's nonsense. You don't post nonsense.

I'm gonna vent. We 'let them vent' around here after losses.

To you complainers wasting bandwidth on this and other sites, and twitter, and Facebook, and calling in to radio shows to vent your spleen,

Cripes. You're quitting on the team? You want Pelini back? You're blowing a gasket because we lost on a hail mary pass in the last seconds?

Get over yourself. Sheesh.

Nebraska was never going to win all their games this year. This avalanche of tears was going to happen, either today or next week or three weeks. Same whining, same people, whenever the first loss happened. That's why it's so unimpressive that you flood the interwebz with this nonsense. It's predictable and stupid.

If you thought Nebraska should have won this game before the 4th quarter, that's on you. We shouldn't have. We had no business winning this game, as stacked against us as the deck was. Especially after the 2nd quarter, which in the last couple of years would have been the beginning of the spiral. They fought through it. They took the lead, were one fluke play from winning.

And now that the game's over, and we lost, the crying begins.

"I'm leaving. See you in five years."

"We never should have fired Bo."

"Riley sucks."

Stick it. Go root for Ohio State or Florida State or whomever is winning at the moment. Switch teams weekly; always cheer for the winners. Clearly your fragile ego cant handle the ups & downs of normal college football fandom.

I've been trying to tell people for weeks. This game was BYU's to lose. They had everything going for them. Consistency in coaching staff. Same schemes as last year. They're far older and more developed. They've played in this kind of environment over and over.

And for Nebraska? The opposite.

We excised a cyst of a former coach, a national punch line who embarrassed the team over and over and over.

Half our new staff had never worked together before. They still haven't unpacked all the boxes in their houses. They're still figuring out how to drive their kids to school. The environment is totally new to them.

Our players are learning all new schemes. Learning how to relate to these coaches. Learning new cadences, new packages, new everything. New game day procedures, new expectations. New levels of accountability.

BYU didn't start a single Freshman, and only had four on hand.

Nebraska started three Freshman, and played seven total.

BYU dismantled Texas in Austin last year. Embarrassed them, 41-7. They should have beaten Nebraska by a similar score. The odds were in their favor to do so, far moreso than for a Nebraska victory.

And let's not forget that this team, largely these defensive players, are responsible for spiraling-out-of-control losses in the past couple of years, where, once momentum turns away from the Huskers, they have shut down.

That's a hallmark of the Bo Pelini Defensive Scheme, which makes me question the sanity of anyone still shedding bitter tears for Bo's ouster.

The Big Ten Championship Game. 2014 Wisconsin. 2013 UCLA. 2011 Michigan & Wisconsin. If that's the guy you're pining after, CLICK ME.

But that didn't happen today. Despite all the newness, all the strangeness, the learning curve and the mistakes and the busts, the guys came back. They took the lead, and damned near won. A fluke play, an oddity, and they lost.

And you want to jump ship?

Then get out. Good riddance.

But the funny thing is, you don't. You want to whine and cry and have some pissing contest with the other whiners, posting your whining on message boards and Facebook and Twitter, trying to see whose hyperbole can generate the most views. Your takes are not hot. Your crying is unimpressive.

And you'll be back. Next week, next month, whenever something good happens you'll be cruising the board, posting once or twice, sharing the good feelings. When we lose again, you'll come back with another whinefest, bitching about everything and your kid brother.

Um, we were winning going into the 4th Quarter. Their Heisman QB was out. We probably should have won this game without some fluke hail mary dictating the final.

So yeah.

But hey, BYU is a world beater. I mean, they beat Texas last year. Texas is pretty good, right?

But I see where you're coming from Knapp.

• Fire 2

Good post knapp. Always appreciate what you bring to the table.

I have voice I don't like the offense but thats merely from a scheme stand point. I think it will work down the road, cuz it takes time. Not my cup of tea to watch and be a ginormous fan of. However, as long as Pelini isn't the coach, I'm gunna root and cheer for NU.

I felt a different vibe watching the game today and that's because of Riley. I hated Pelini so much that I couldn't even possibly root for him at times.

Time to work, and get better.

Um, we were winning going into the 4th Quarter. Their Heisman QB was out. We probably should have won this game without some fluke hail mary dictating the final.

So yeah.

But hey, BYU is a world beater. I mean, they beat Texas last year. Texas is pretty good, right?

Totally agree about the bold. We should have won, considering the position we were in. One first down, one pass defense, and we win. At that point in the game, we should have won. That's the takeaway, not that BYU got a fluke pass into the end zone. One ganked pass defense doesn't negate the entirety of that game.

But the overreaction, the flagrant self-flagellation that becomes almost performance art after a loss, that deserves to be made fun of. That's what this post is about.

So yeah.

Totally agree about the bold. We should have won, considering the position we were in. One first down, one pass defense, and we win. At that point in the game, we should have won. That's the takeaway, not that BYU got a fluke pass into the end zone. One ganked pass defense doesn't negate the entirety of that game.

But the overreaction, the flagrant self-flagellation that becomes almost performance art after a loss, that deserves to be made fun of. That's what this post is about.

Okay then, clarification. As you were.

"Clearly your fragile ego cant handle the ups & downs of normal college football fandom."

They couldn't handle the ups and downs under Pelini, what made you think they would handle the ups and downs under Riley?

Just like under Pelini, losses will lead to meltdowns on this board and throughout the state. Thus is the culture that our beloved Husker football program has developed into.

I'll always be a Husker fan, through the thick and thin, and believe me I got a lot laughs and pointing and "F--- the Huskers" thrown at me today and I'm sure it will be laid on heavy throughout the week, but I hold my head high and still root for them. But apart of me sees some twisted enjoyment in seeing folks meltdown on a message board or in real life over just one loss.

Thanks Knapp, I felt the same way. It was so refreshing when the camera panned the sidelines and there was our coach calm, in control rather than yelling at the players or officials (although how they didn't call unnecessary roughness on that cheap shot play that took Sytton out of the game is beyond me! AND they held our boys all day long!) The players felt that calmness too.

One game does not define our team or the season. I would much rather lose a heartbreaker than an embarrassment. GBR!

I said it in another thread. I'll watch the games. I'll cheer the team. I'll curse them when they lose, love them when they win.

But I have pretty much have no optimism for the season after watching that game. Maybe they turn it around. I hope they do. But I did not like what I saw. Not one bit.

• Fire 2