Screw you complainers

knapplc

Im VERY disappointed we lost.

However, i really believe this will help us moving forward this year and will help us get better by leaps and bounds over the next couple of weeks and have us really playing well when conference play begins.

This is largely the REAL reason a lot of people hated Pelini: because he didn't kiss enough fan @ss and they all started getting chapped, "because we are the greatest fans in all college football...DOESN'T HE KNOW THAT?!?"

That has pretty much nothing to do with it. Most fans were supportive of him even after the Ohio State tape, including myself.

This is a true statement. You didn't really sour on him until last season.

The last blowout was the last straw for me. The other stuff I was "ok" with if he actually improved, but he didn't.

I actually didn't watch the end of that game. One of two times I've turned a game off.

I said it in another thread. I'll watch the games. I'll cheer the team. I'll curse them when they lose, love them when they win.

But I have pretty much have no optimism for the season after watching that game. Maybe they turn it around. I hope they do. But I did not like what I saw. Not one bit.

Madness!

Riddle me this. Show me a Quarterback like Taysom Hill, who can shred a pass defense and run like that, on the rest of the schedule. Maybe Brad Kayaa. Anyone else? I don't see it.

The only reason BYU was in this game was Hill. If he doesn't play, Mangum doesn't beat us. If we build off this game, we'll win nine games, easy. Build from there next year with better coaching and recruiting, and we're taking a step forward.

Keep the faith.

This. Exactly.

I saw a lot of good today. I saw a lot of bad as well, we definitely have some things to work on.

I think the best thing I saw today was the improved tackling. At first I didn't even notice it until it dawned on me that I hadn't seen a missed tackle.

Or maybe it was seeing the team fight back from a 24-10 halftime deficit. They didn't give up, I kinda thought they were going to late in the 2nd but they came out playing hard in the 3rd.

Looked like to me that our coaches were making positive adjustments throughout the game.

Tommy Armstrong has made progress and has adjusted well to the new offense so far.

Maliek Collins.

I saw an offensive line come alive in the 2nd half and start playing like they meant it.

There was some bad things out there today as well, penalties, missed FGs, missed assignments, etc...but there is lots of good there also if you are willing to look.

• Fire 1

I said it in another thread. I'll watch the games. I'll cheer the team. I'll curse them when they lose, love them when they win.

But I have pretty much have no optimism for the season after watching that game. Maybe they turn it around. I hope they do. But I did not like what I saw. Not one bit.

Madness!

Riddle me this. Show me a Quarterback like Taysom Hill, who can shred a pass defense and run like that, on the rest of the schedule. Maybe Brad Kayaa. Anyone else? I don't see it.

The only reason BYU was in this game was Hill. If he doesn't play, Mangum doesn't beat us. If we build off this game, we'll win nine games, easy. Build from there next year with better coaching and recruiting, and we're taking a step forward.

Keep the faith.

This.

Everybody wants to complain about the defense but Hill was throwing strikes all game. The DBs made some pretty good plays on well thrown balls when they were put on an island. That and BYU's WRs had a solid game.

Sometimes you have to give credit where it's due. BYU has some very good players.

Madness!

Keep the faith.

This. Exactly.

I saw a lot of good today. I saw a lot of bad as well, we definitely have some things to work on.

I think the best thing I saw today was the improved tackling. At first I didn't even notice it until it dawned on me that I hadn't seen a missed tackle.

Or maybe it was seeing the team fight back from a 24-10 halftime deficit. They didn't give up, I kinda thought they were going to late in the 2nd but they came out playing hard in the 3rd.

Looked like to me that our coaches were making positive adjustments throughout the game.

Tommy Armstrong has made progress and has adjusted well to the new offense so far.

Maliek Collins.

I saw an offensive line come alive in the 2nd half and start playing like they meant it.

There was some bad things out there today as well, penalties, missed FGs, missed assignments, etc...but there is lots of good there also if you are willing to look.

Tommy made some good plays under heat and we could not get 1 yard twice in the 4th quarter. Plain & Simple, our line sucked today. We need to bench a few lineman and play our younger players. Now we will see if these coaches can teach and make them better.

• Fire 1

Anything is better than what this fan base has been put through the last 7 years, I know most do not agree with that number, but I do.

We saw a team that tried to work together, and for the first time in forever a good tackling effort. Very different from what we had become it seemed to me.

Tommy played better today I thought. I am not a coach, do not know the specifics, just someone that has watched this team for many years. This was a team today, it has not been for quite awhile.

We want the staff, the players to be tough and hard nosed, and the first little hint of a problem, some pull up their panties and run away.

We saw progress today, may have been small steps, but movement forward. I am still as happy with the staff as I was the first day.

I expected problems, hurdles to overcome. I think they are being faced head on. We are going to see improvement in the next few weeks.

Thanks Knapplc.

• Fire 2
You are an idiot then cuz I picked BYU in the contest thread.

How would picking BYU prove you are NOT a self indulgent fan and, by default, make me an idiot? All three assertions are independent of each other as far as being true or false. For example, I could still be an idiot and be completely right about a large swath of Husker fans. :D

You say "Horrible..." without saying how or why, just like it has to be horrible because you say it is horrible, and something's wrong if everybody doesn't think it's horrible like you think it is horrible. (which was my point, by the way)

So don't get mad at me, bro. I'm just diagnosing the problem, I didn't cause it. Don't confuse me with your conscience.

• Fire 1

and for the first time in forever a good tackling effort.

"in forever?"...better than the game in which the apparent "Golden Heisman Child" Colt McCoy was pounded down by almost every Husker on the field and Suh did everything but wipe his...uhm...nose...with him?

I'm not saying Pelini didn't mail his effort in last year, but you have to realize that was at the time he had pretty much checked out of Nebraska. Look back at some other Pelini seasons before saying "forever".

"in forever?"...better than the game in which the apparent "Golden Heisman Child" Colt McCoy was pounded down by almost every Husker on the field and Suh did everything but wipe his...uhm...nose...with him?

I'm not saying Pelini didn't mail his effort in last year, but you have to realize that was at the time he had pretty much checked out of Nebraska. Look back at some other Pelini seasons before saying "forever".

2009 was 6 years ago. Ya, that's basically forever as far as college football coaches go.

Dude, you are just digging a larger and larger hole. Give up the ghost already.

Can we just hold off on like literally every single criticism thread? We have a sampling size of one game. One game. We had years and years of games with which to criticize our last coach. Give the dude some time to implement the things he wants to. I remember the first season with Bo after firing He Who Shall Not Be Named and saw some improvements that I liked. Everyone knows, or at least should know, that a coaches first season is going to be a wild ride. I refuse to speculate on wins and losses because we just have no way of knowing how this will turn out. Y'all need to settle down, let the coaches coach and the players play. Let's give them both some time to show us what they can do. I just hope the mods have enough Preparation H stocked up, because the butthurt going around right now is pretty insane.