Screw you complainers

knapplc

I'll always be a Husker fan, through the thick and thin, and believe me I got a lot laughs and pointing and "F--- the Huskers" thrown at me today and I'm sure it will be laid on heavy throughout the week, but I hold my head high and still root for them. But apart of me sees some twisted enjoyment in seeing folks meltdown on a message board or in real life over just one loss.

I take it you're not in Nebraska? Just keep fighting the good fight, man.

I will acknowledge you have expressed reservation about this year previously (in that it will take time and you can't judge Riley on the first year alone). I too have had similar thoughts. But then you assert that anyone who complains is irrational ("Clearly your fragile ego cant handle the ups & downs of normal college football fandom."), and attack Bo for similar "ups & downs of normal college football." Ironic, as that's how I believe people viewed Bo (without as much distain as you have in your post).

Listen, this year will be tough (largely due to the transition) and I don't know enough to properly judge Riley at this time. He's done a lot of good things, and I don't think he can be fairly judged until he gets a qb that can run his system. But just as you don't want "whining" from fans, I don't want people bringing in their opinion of Bo to address Riley. Let Riley be judged by his own actions. Almost every thread over the past six months evolves into a Riley vs Bo debate, and frankly I'm sick of it. Let just address the team as it is now and go forward.

BYU was a good team, but we are going to play much better ones through the year. Hopefully, we will match up better (I think BYU's blitzing schemes really hurt us with our inexperienced ol).

I said it in another thread. I'll watch the games. I'll cheer the team. I'll curse them when they lose, love them when they win.

But I have pretty much have no optimism for the season after watching that game. Maybe they turn it around. I hope they do. But I did not like what I saw. Not one bit.

Madness!

Riddle me this. Show me a Quarterback like Taysom Hill, who can shred a pass defense and run like that, on the rest of the schedule. Maybe Brad Kayaa. Anyone else? I don't see it.

The only reason BYU was in this game was Hill. If he doesn't play, Mangum doesn't beat us. If we build off this game, we'll win nine games, easy. Build from there next year with better coaching and recruiting, and we're taking a step forward.

Keep the faith.

• Fire 1

I said it in another thread. I'll watch the games. I'll cheer the team. I'll curse them when they lose, love them when they win.

But I have pretty much have no optimism for the season after watching that game. Maybe they turn it around. I hope they do. But I did not like what I saw. Not one bit.

Madness!

Riddle me this. Show me a Quarterback like Taysom Hill, who can shred a pass defense and run like that, on the rest of the schedule. Maybe Brad Kayaa. Anyone else? I don't see it.

The only reason BYU was in this game was Hill. If he doesn't play, Mangum doesn't beat us. If we build off this game, we'll win nine games, easy. Build from there next year with better coaching and recruiting, and we're taking a step forward.

Keep the faith.

We'll see man. I really hope I'm wrong. I hate losing so much.

Madness!

Keep the faith.

This.

Everybody wants to complain about the defense but Hill was throwing strikes all game. The DBs made some pretty good plays on well thrown balls when they were put on an island. That and BYU's WRs had a solid game.

• Fire 1

Madness!

Keep the faith.

This.

Everybody wants to complain about the defense but Hill was throwing strikes all game. The DBs made some pretty good plays on well thrown balls when they were put on an island. That and BYU's WRs had a solid game.

It's easy to throw when you have all day. For most of the game we had 0 pressure on him.

• Fire 1

:ahhhhhhhh Well then, as long as we are sharing:

This classic example of overreaction and the prickly "It's my way or the highway, prove your loyalty to my standards!" that I find so distasteful in a large swath of Nebraska fans. They put their fandom above the players, above the team, and above the game itself, and anybody who doesn't worship at that altar in the same way is a blasphemer and a heretic.

This is why there were people attacking Kenny Bell on this forum last year. "He doesn't hate coach as much as we do, so he's betrayed us!"

This is largely the REAL reason a lot of people hated Pelini: because he didn't kiss enough fan @ss and they all started getting chapped, "because we are the greatest fans in all college football...DOESN'T HE KNOW THAT?!?"

• Fire 2

This classic example of overreaction and the prickly "It's my way or the highway, prove your loyalty to my standards!" that I find so distasteful in a large swath of Nebraska fans. They put their fandom above the players, above the team, and above the game itself, and anybody who doesn't worship at that altar in the same way is a blasphemer and a heretic.

This is why there were people attacking Kenny Bell on this forum last year. "He doesn't hate coach as much as we do, so he's betrayed us!"

This is largely the REAL reason a lot of people hated Pelini: because he didn't kiss enough fan @ss and they all started getting chapped, "because we are the greatest fans in all college football...DOESN'T HE KNOW THAT?!?"

Bad idea jeans man.

That has pretty much nothing to do with it. Most fans were supportive of him even after the Ohio State tape, including myself.

That has pretty much nothing to do with it. Most fans were supportive of him even after the Ohio State tape, including myself.

This is a true statement. You didn't really sour on him until last season.

This is a true statement. You didn't really sour on him until last season.

The last blowout was the last straw for me. The other stuff I was "ok" with if he actually improved, but he didn't.

• Fire 1

Horrible take.

Wow. Just wow. Horrible.

• Fire 3