Screw you complainers

knapplc

BTW.....aren't we all Team Wait and See?

I'm leaning towards optimism because it seems warranted and strikes me as more fun.

I totally understand the more cautious and skeptical.

But in order to be on Team Wait and See you have to wait for more than two games.

It's a rule.

he didn't even wait for 2 games. those quotes that knap posted are from the day Riley was hired.

But in order to be on Team Wait and See you have to wait for more than two games.

It's a rule.

Except that Riley has a record. Well over 100 games as a head coach and the record seems familiar.

Yes, we all have to wait and see, but contrary to the beliefs of some, there are things that aren't perfect.

The only record that means jack squat at this point is the one he posts in 2015 at Nebraska. Is the axe sharp yet?

I find the hypocrisy to be delicious.

Apparently we can only refer to his time in Corvallis when talking about the handful of players he put into the NFL and the few times he beat (over rated) top 10 teams.

But his overall record, losses to FCS teams, and lack of championships are off limits. Mmmmkay.

How about this. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's a pretty simple concept really.

well-there-you-have-it.gif

Which means, by definition, that everyone is free to disagree with it.

Yes you've made that quite clear.

I'm glad you agree with me.

I don't.

Which part don't you agree with?

Please be specific.

It's a rule.

Except that Riley has a record. Well over 100 games as a head coach and the record seems familiar.

Yes, we all have to wait and see, but contrary to the beliefs of some, there are things that aren't perfect.

The only record that means jack squat at this point is the one he posts in 2015 at Nebraska. Is the axe sharp yet?

Apparently we can only refer to his time in Corvallis when talking about the handful of players he put into the NFL and the few times he beat (over rated) top 10 teams.

But his overall record, losses to FCS teams, and lack of championships are off limits. Mmmmkay.

OK....Here is where I just have to scratch my head and roll my eyes.

I fully understand you bringing up his record in Corvallis right after he was hired or even this summer. But, what the hell does it have to do with anything during this season? Does his record there directly affect his record here? Are we not going to get into the CCG because he lost some games in Corvallis?

Why constantly bring it up over and over and over again?

But what does any of that have to do with 2015 Nebraska?

• Fire 1

It's a rule.

I fully understand you bringing up his record in Corvallis right after he was hired or even this summer. But, what the hell does it have to do with anything during this season? Does his record there directly affect his record here? Are we not going to get into the CCG because he lost some games in Corvallis?

You can't have it both ways. The majority of his staff spent time with him in Corvallis,, and contrary to what we've been fed, it doesn't look like they've changed their schemes and concepts up all that much.

What will that all correlate to, who knows?

But if his record doesn't get better with a better program, with better players, in a weaker division, then things Will get uncomfortable for him.

• Fire 1

It's a rule.

You can't have it both ways. The majority of his staff spent time with him in Corvallis,, and contrary to what we've been fed, it doesn't look like they've changed their schemes and concepts up all that much.

But if his record doesn't get better with a better program, with better players, in a weaker division, then things Will get uncomfortable for him.

I'm not having it both ways. I'm simply asking why constantly do you have to bring up how horrible you think he did in Corvallis? He isn't there anymore and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with how he is going to do this season.

It's a rule.

Okay.....but shouldn't we see what kind of record he actually posts this year before blathering all the reasons he will fail?

• Fire 1

It's a rule.

Kind of the point, and in that case you'll have plenty of company. But to assume that there will be a specific result, as you seem to be, is not very reasonable. Clearly Oregon St and Nebraska are two very different programs, so you can't really believe that his record at one will dictate a similar record at the other.

I didn't know anything about Mike Riley last December.

I didn't recognize his name.

But people who knew a lot more about college football than I did said -- virtually unanimously -- that it would be a mistake to measure Riley only in terms of his W/L in Covallis, or to underestimate his ability to recruit to one of the weakest campuses in the Power 5. Some veteran CFB observers even declared it a coup by Eichorst, given that Riley had turned down USC, UCLA and Alabama in the past. Some veteran CFB observers thought it was a great hire, or maybe just a solid hire. Some veteran CFB observers thought it was a curious hire and only offered question marks for predictions. Virtually no veteran CFB observer claimed the Riley hire was an outright mistake. That position was reserved mostly for Husker fans who looked at Riley's record and did exactly what the experts told them not to do.

Virtually everyone said we'd have to wait and see how it plays out.

Which seems pretty obvious to most of us.

• Fire 1