Dirty play and Officiating

C N Red

Not only was the booing for the Sutton non-call loud, but it happened again later in the game. There were several instances where contact was initiated by BYU defenders well out of bounds and no calls were made. When Foltz got hurt, the crowd exploded again.

Yeah, it looked to me that BYU was leg hunting on many of their tackles. Not sure if that's how they are coached to tackle or what.

What the hell are you guys watching in place of football? Are you that big a bunch of Nancies that you now think low tackles are dirty? They're part of the f'ing game and always have been. BYU does it, Nebraska does it, everyone does it. There's nothing dirty about a low tackle. Fir hell's sake, your guys made an almost identical tackle on our #11 on the first play after you downed the punt on our 1-yard line.

Preator should have been flagged, but it's arguable whether he knew the receiver had the ball or not. It was in bounds (if you've argued it wasn't, see an optometrist), and it wasn't dirty. Your guys do are same thing. Are your guys dirty players?

• Fire 1

Not only was the booing for the Sutton non-call loud, but it happened again later in the game. There were several instances where contact was initiated by BYU defenders well out of bounds and no calls were made. When Foltz got hurt, the crowd exploded again.

Yeah, it looked to me that BYU was leg hunting on many of their tackles. Not sure if that's how they are coached to tackle or what.

What the hell are you guys watching in place of football? Are you that big a bunch of Nancies that you now think low tackles are dirty? They're part of the f'ing game and always have been. BYU does it, Nebraska does it, everyone does it. There's nothing dirty about a low tackle. Fir hell's sake, your guys made an almost identical tackle on our #11 on the first play after you downed the punt on our 1-yard line.

Preator should have been flagged, but it's arguable whether he knew the receiver had the ball or not. It was in bounds (if you've argued it wasn't, see an optometrist), and it wasn't dirty. Your guys do are same thing. Are your guys dirty players?

LOL, I love it when you called us "Nancies". However, the play was dirty. The ball was well past Sutton, on the ground, and Preator dove at the back of Sutton's legs with his shoulders. That is not a "low tackle" that is a cheap shot.

Definitely dirty and all regular BYU opponents know it.

Rewatch the game. 2 20 43 all did multiple BS shots late to the legs/out of bounds hits too (recall on Moore and Imani but there were more.). Westy was out for a while from one. Moore had a leg injury after a run play not to his side so it wasn't on cam no doubt it was yet another cheap shot.

NU did not retaliate (kinda irked me) but for the post interception push in the back which of course was called.

Westerkamp had a cramp, it was not from a dirty hit at all. It was clean.

Wrong. Dirty player #43 dove on Westy's legs after he was down and pass incomplete. NOT clean. Q2 play clock ending 13:07.

Rewatch the game. 2 20 43 all did multiple BS shots late to the legs/out of bounds hits too (recall on Moore and Imani but there were more.). Westy was out for a while from one. Moore had a leg injury after a run play not to his side so it wasn't on cam no doubt it was yet another cheap shot.

NU did not retaliate (kinda irked me) but for the post interception push in the back which of course was called.

Wrong. Dirty player #43 dove on Westy's legs after he was down and pass incomplete. NOT clean. Q2 play clock ending 13:07.

I was at the game. He cramped. They immediately stretched his calf out and made him drink Gatorade for the 3 or 4 minutes he layed there.

LOL, I love it when you called us "Nancies". However, the play was dirty. The ball was well past Sutton, on the ground, and Preator dove at the back of Sutton's legs with his shoulders. That is not a "low tackle" that is a cheap shot.

Same f'ing tackle. Watch the film.

By the way, some of you guys laughed when I brought up our Elite 11 freshman backup QB.

And for the record, if a Nebraska player ever tackled someone like this, it would still be a cheap shot. He was leg hunting and he succeeded in taking him out. He tried to get Westy earlier in the game, but luckily that time it didn't work.

So, like when we lost our NT on an uncalled chop block by one of your linemen and RB, whi hit him square in the side of the knee?

I understand why you're upset, but these things happen on both sides. And low tackles downfield are far from illegal.

I guess tackling at the legs from behind when he clearly saw that Sutton didn't catch the ball was my problem. Yeah, it was a dirty hit and he did exactly what he set out to do: get a cheap shot hit in. I don't recall the Huskers doing that to your NT, but maybe I missed it.
the refs could have missed it, but sometimes people misunderstand that blocks below the waist between the tackles are legal and regular. It is only a penalty if the player is engaged with another lineman

Which is what happened.

When did this even happen? I saw he was out, but didn't see how it happened.

I was at the game. He cramped. They immediately stretched his calf out and made him drink Gatorade for the 3 or 4 minutes he layed there.

You know Mr. Certainty, the fact that I posted the play clock here might have given you a clue that I just watched the clip. You should try it.

By the way, some of you guys laughed when I brought up our Elite 11 freshman backup QB.

What are you doing now, trash talking? How cute.

One game against a patchwork defensive backfield didn't leave me impressed. He connected on a fluke play and had another play where a 14 ft. tall receiver made a pretty ridiculous jumping catch.

Is he a good recruit? Yes. Could he be a great player? Yes. But, there's nothing else to say about him at this point. BYU is probably going to lose anywhere from 4-6 games this year without Hill.

One game against a patchwork defensive backfield didn't leave me impressed. He connected on a fluke play and had another play where a 14 ft. tall receiver made a pretty ridiculous jumping catch.

Is he a good recruit? Yes. Could he be a great player? Yes. But, there's nothing else to say about him at this point. BYU is probably going to lose anywhere from 4-6 games this year without Hill.

just to add to your point, BYU only scored 3 points with him at QB until the hail mary and to be honest, our third string QB threw a much more impressive hail mary a couple of years back and he wasn't an Elite anything.

• Fire 1