Tunnel Walk Chant - Get the Crowd Involved?

Mavric

Not sure if that will happen organically, there might need to be a conscious push towards it at least once to get it started. Would be awesome though.

Opposing teams get to decide when they come out, I'm pretty sure. BYU came out right in the middle of the video.

Yeah, need to get the student section going on it and let it grow from there. Perhaps put the words on the video to help people.

Seems like the visiting team usually comes out right about when BYU did.

Honestly, I think the "Husker prayer" should not be chanted by the crowd. That's a team thing, said within the locker room. It's kinda cool they show it as part of the Tunnel Walk, but why does the crowd need to be saying the prayer too?

I am sure I'm in the minority here though. I think it's weird when the Husker prayer is recited on a thread here each Saturday. To me, it's a "player" thing. We aren't players going out there on the field, we are just fans.

Honestly, I think the "Husker prayer" should not be chanted by the crowd. That's a team thing, said within the locker room. It's kinda cool they show it as part of the Tunnel Walk, but why does the crowd need to be saying the prayer too?

I am sure I'm in the minority here though. I think it's weird when the Husker prayer is recited on a thread here each Saturday. To me, it's a "player" thing. We aren't players going out there on the field, we are just fans.

Agree with this 100%. It is a team thing and should stay in the locker room. It is odd that it is a thread every game day here too.

I'm all for more hype and energy in the stadium and love the Husker Power chant leading up to the tunnel walk. Some games , the timing is off and there is no chant .. But when there is, it can be pretty intimidating to a visiting team and crowd.

Agree with this 100%. It is a team thing and should stay in the locker room. It is odd that it is a thread every game day here too.

I'm all for more hype and energy in the stadium and love the Husker Power chant leading up to the tunnel walk. Some games , the timing is off and there is no chant .. But when there is, it can be pretty intimidating to a visiting team and crowd.

The HUSKER POWER chant has always been my favorite. I got goosebumps sitting on my couch, listening to the radio broadcast as ABC was going through their pregame stuff.

This NEEDS to happen! and it will "organically" happen. I will be telling everyone I know to chant with the team and tell them to tell others and you all should too.

I love seeing the thread here every Saturday. It's become one of my traditions/superstitions to make sure it is completed before kick off.

I first heard it in the 90's and memorized it as quick as I could. I used it in midget football, high school football, intramurals in college, and taught it to the kids I coached in baseball and football. Hell, i still recite it at home and work.

I know I'm not the only one. It is still used by youth sports all across this state and there are thousands who group up with it like me.

Will there be backlash from the vocal minority? of course. but we just ask for a chance that's fair

• Fire 1

I posted this yesterday in the "Can We Talk About The AMAZING Tunnel Walk" thread...

Sean Callahan from Rivals agrees: https://nebraska.riv...asp?CID=1799499

***I loved the new feature on the Tunnel Walk with the live camera in the locker room capturing the pre-game Husker creed before they took the field. I'm told this is something Husker Vision wanted to do in the past, but they weren't allowed in to capture the moment until this year.

I agree as well that it was a stellar tunnel walk. I hope they make the live prayer a permanent feature. I had Husker fans all around me yelling right along with the players "DAY-BY-DAY TILL WE GET BETTER & BETTER TILL WE WON'T BE BEAT!" Imagine if the whole stadium started doing that similar to the Husker Power chants & Go Big Red cheers.

It was absolutely spine tingling! I overhead a few BYU fans saying to each other "this is amazing," "never experienced anything like it."

• Fire 1