D(er) Trump(ino) Thread

BRB, I just see beauty in that picture, that is it. I should not be attacked for seeing two attractive women in that picture. Maybe we just look at things differently.

As to the purpose of the tweet, I have no idea at all. I can't read minds so I can only use the text "A picture is worth a thousand words" which from what I know is a saying that is meant to portray even more beauty and wonderment than the things we can ever say or write.

• Fire 1

As to the purpose of the tweet, I have no idea at all. I can't read minds so I can only use the text "A picture is worth a thousand words" which from what I know is a saying that is meant to portray even more beauty and wonderment than the things we can ever say or write.

You're smarter than that.

• Fire 1

There's only one person in this thread that has used the word ugly, well, now two I guess.

Do a google image search for Heidi Cruz and it's simple to find a photo of her that shows her beauty. But Trump didn't use any of those. He chose the most unflattering picture he could find and used in that tweet. Trump isn't stupid, he knows exactly what he's doing.

The Daily Beast has good coverage here, with a window to where some of Trump's supporters are coming from:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/03/25/donald-trump-s-heidi-cruz-attack-excites-men-s-rights-activists.html

As for what Trump and the Cruz-supporting PAC were going for, that's clear to all but the most credulous.

A spokesperson (I think?) for the Cruz PAC issued an interesting rebuttal to Vox's characterization of the ad as slut-shaming, but I don't think it's particularly valid. The idea goes that the setup of the photo is degrading towards women, and so it's really a message of feminism targeted towards Utah -- without asking anyone to question whether it's fair at all to ascribe all of those attitudes to the models who take part in these photoshoots. Second, I think the Cruz PAC defender has completely missed the meaning of 'slut-shaming'.

• Fire 3

First, we need to stop linking to Vox. It is a horrible outlet.

Second, Cruz is about to implode and all of this is going to make sense. This has been trending on Twitter since last night.

Vox isn't the end-all, but let's let people decide for themselves what's a horrible outlet, and for whom. I like their coverage because it tends to be an amalgamation of links from other sources, often with commentary I agree with, but substance of course is freely open to examination.

Feel free to open up a MRA thread, if you like (though I won't promise to participate, I'm sure it'll be illuminating or at least interesting for many others). Decrying Ezra Klein as a misandrist while championing a controversial podcaster who blamed violence on the women who raise children makes me wonder what you'd actually find acceptable. Breitbart somehow doesn't seem out there enough.

First, we need to stop linking to Vox. It is a horrible outlet.

Second, Cruz is about to implode and all of this is going to make sense. This has been trending on Twitter since last night.

Vox isn't the end-all, but let's let people decide for themselves what's a horrible outlet, and for whom. I like their coverage because it tends to be an amalgamation of links from other sources, often with commentary I agree with, but substance of course is freely open to examination.

Feel free to open up a MRA thread, if you like (though I won't promise to participate, I'm sure it'll be illuminating or at least interesting for many others). Decrying Ezra Klein as a misandrist while championing a controversial podcaster who blamed violence on the women who raise children makes me wonder what you'd actually find acceptable. Breitbart somehow doesn't seem out there enough.

Klein has advocated for putting away innocent men if the end result is less sexual assault on college campuses (where women are statistically safer than most places, but that's besides the point). That stance is disgusting and makes me worry for my sons.

What is MRA and why would I open a thread? Your hits on Molyneux are weak. Watch any of his videos and listen to the genius in the guy AND THEN read all of the links where sources all of the information. Don't shoot the messenger. :P

P.S. Don't take any of this personally. You're a good MOD, zoogs.

Funny that you mention Breitbart, Zoogs. They're doing a bit of imploding at the moment due to the resignation of several employees after one of their reporters claimed Trump's campaign manager grabbed her and pulled her away from Trump after a presser.

If you take Shapiro's claims to be true, they're the political equivalent of a Trump shill outlet anyway.

Quite the ragtag group of foreign policy advisors he's assembled.

Doesn't inspire too much confidence, to a skeptical eye...

• Fire 1

It is so sad and demeaning that we try to fit this idea of beauty into s neat little box. How credulous have people become if they think beauty only exists in one form.

A rose by any other name...

You're completely missing the point. I guarantee you Heidi does not like that photo of herself. In fact pitted against 100 photos of her that would be the one she likes the least. Regardless of how hot you think she is, it should be intuitively obvious what the point of the tweet was. But then people have attempted to tell you this already.