Thoughts on leaving Newby in there for so long?

I think they should have taken him out one series earlier. Other than that I was fine with the amount of carries he got. I dunno why but I've always hated when coaches trade out lots of running backs. It never seems to work out as well as having one guy be The Guy.

Oh I agree but the way he was playing tonight, we have to save him for conference play. I thought with us up by 4 TD's they should have put him back in the stable and brought out some of the other horses to get some carries.

Gonna be brutally honest, and it might sound harsh coming off a huge game from Newby. Congrats to Newby, great game by him. But if I'm the Head Coach, Mikale Wilbon gets those carries, and even then, I'd have probably given someone else a few more reps than what they gave to Wilbon and Cross.

There's two extremes here. What they did in week one, then what they did in week two. So in week 3 do they find a balance?

I'd like to know what Newby has done to secure the job like that? He clearly has based upon this game. Good for him, and obviusly the coaches know better than I do, but to me, Wilbon earned more than what he got. Unless, there's something we don't know.

Not bashing Newby. Wilbon just looks like the better back, but I know nothing.

Gonna be brutally honest, and it might sound harsh coming off a huge game from Newby. Congrats to Newby, great game by him. But if I'm the Head Coach, Mikale Wilbon gets those carries, and even then, I'd have probably given someone else a few more reps than what they gave to Wilbon and Cross.

There's two extremes here. What they did in week one, then what they did in week two. So in week 3 do they find a balance?

I'd like to know what Newby has done to secure the job like that? He clearly has based upon this game. Good for him, and obviusly the coaches know better than I do, but to me, Wilbon earned more than what he got. Unless, there's something we don't know.

Maybe the coaching staff knew what Wilbon brings to the table and wanted to see how Newby would handle the leading role at tail back? In any case...right now we are setting fine at the tail back position.

I think it's really good to try to establish a guy as the #1 back. It's also fine to have a bunch of interchangeable pieces at RB, but in recent years we've always had star caliber at the top and that's helped us greatly. This doesn't happen if we only ever ask a guy to get 15 carries, rather than be a workhorse for a game.

Maybe he could've been taken out a drive early, but I don't know, I thought it was a good result. The backups got plenty of time and put some good work in.

Maybe the coaching staff knew what Wilbon brings to the table and wanted to see how Newby would handle the leading role at tail back? In any case...right now we are setting fine at the tail back position.

I think so too. Newby, Wilbon and Cross are stud IMO.

I guess I'm surprised that this staff sees it so clearly as Newby getting that many carries, and nobody else getting much at all. It doesn't appear so clear for me.

Honestly though, I feel stupid if this comes across as complaining, because really I'm not. Great game by Newby. Just analyzing things a bit on my part.