Prepping For "Nebraska Week": Miami's Expectations

NUance

This [should] will be the first game with our starting LBs: Young, Rose-Ivey and Banderas, all of whom have played one/one fantastic game this season. I'm excited to see what they'll be able to do.

Finally! We don't have much depth at LB at all. But our three #1 guys are very talented. Having them on the field together is going to be huge.

Prepping For "Nebraska Week" and Expectations

By NOVAcane  @emdegee89 on Sep 15, 2015, 9:05p

<snip>

After FAU last week, Canes fans are "circling the wagons" as Chris Berman would say. Miami cruised the first week of the season against 1AA opponent Bethune-Cookman but struggled in the first half against the FAU Owls last week until putting on the jets in the second half for a comfortable 20+ point victory. Now with Nebraska coming to town the fan base has a number of emotions coming to ahead.
The first emotion is probably a sense of uneasiness. If the Canes come out against the Cornhuskers like they did initially against the Owls then the game will be a bludgeoning, simple as that. Make no mistake, the Cornhuskers are a very well coached team and although they don't have the personnel to run what coach Mike Riley prefers (west coast system) they will put up points as they did last week.
Sounds like there is some trepidation among Canes fans. Too.
I hope it's justified.

What is a "Canes Fan"? I have never heard of such an animal.

Prepping For "Nebraska Week" and Expectations

By NOVAcane  @emdegee89 on Sep 15, 2015, 9:05p

<snip>

After FAU last week, Canes fans are "circling the wagons" as Chris Berman would say. Miami cruised the first week of the season against 1AA opponent Bethune-Cookman but struggled in the first half against the FAU Owls last week until putting on the jets in the second half for a comfortable 20+ point victory. Now with Nebraska coming to town the fan base has a number of emotions coming to ahead.
The first emotion is probably a sense of uneasiness. If the Canes come out against the Cornhuskers like they did initially against the Owls then the game will be a bludgeoning, simple as that. Make no mistake, the Cornhuskers are a very well coached team and although they don't have the personnel to run what coach Mike Riley prefers (west coast system) they will put up points as they did last week.
Sounds like there is some trepidation among Canes fans. Too.
I hope it's justified.

What is a "Canes Fan"? I have never heard of such an animal.

Yes, they are seldom seenquite a rare animal indeed. And I thank my lucky stars for that.

090914-CFB-Miami-Hurricanes-fan-SS-PI.va

• Fire 1

Good read! leading up to tomorrow.

55fb88c6519a3.image.jpg?resize=1024%2C85

That's a great article, BRB!

People only remember the failed two point conversion. But really the difference maker in that game was the condition of the field. If you watch a replay you can see that the field was pure slop, as Traynowicz says below. It hurt our running game a LOT more than Miami's passing attack. Might've even cost us the game. I always wondered whether Miami did that on purpose. Wouldn't surprise me. :hmmph

Q: Should that 1984 Orange Bowl be on the short list of all-time great games in college football?
A: I think so. Fascinating game. For Miami, probably more so than us. One thing people don’t realize watching from the outside is that the field was in such terrible shape. Most of it was just sand that they had painted green.