Consecutive sellout record

HUSKERNU

If MSU gets past Michigan (I don't think that they will) they should come in to Lincoln as the #2 ranked team in the nation...that game will be NUTS

Everyone has said that Riley has a history of having some upsets against some big teams. Maybe that'll be the one! Or maybe not............. :lol:

Wouldn't that be something? It's not like we would have some kind of false expectations going into that game. Low pressure, nothing to lose, would be huge.

Question for history/stats people: when was the last huge upset game Nebraska has won? I realize that being consistently ranked under TO kind of skews that a little, but I can't think of any under Solich, Cally, or Pelini either.

Maybe 1959 vs Oklahoma?

When does enough be enough? I'm not a season ticket holder and only been to a handful of games but have been a fan since I was born. Lived in Lincoln. Could see the stadium from my house on Vine. I'd hate to see it end but when does the sellout end?

Nebraska first 1-2 record since 1981 isn't going to cause it. Also with the home opponents on the schedule it defintely won't end soon. Since Michigan State could be coming in as #2.

Oh yeah? I thought early '60's instead of 1981. (Devaney's era)

If MSU gets past Michigan (I don't think that they will) they should come in to Lincoln as the #2 ranked team in the nation...that game will be NUTS

Everyone has said that Riley has a history of having some upsets against some big teams. Maybe that'll be the one! Or maybe not............. :lol:

Wouldn't that be something? It's not like we would have some kind of false expectations going into that game. Low pressure, nothing to lose, would be huge.

Question for history/stats people: when was the last huge upset game Nebraska has won? I realize that being consistently ranked under TO kind of skews that a little, but I can't think of any under Solich, Cally, or Pelini either.

Maybe 1959 vs Oklahoma?

Correction of myself:

Times an unranked Nebraska beat a top-20 team (since 1959)

Jennings

1959 vs #19 Oklahoma

1960 vs #4 Texas

Devaney

1969 vs #18 Colorado

Osborne

1977 vs #4 Alabama

Callahan

2005 vs #20 Michigan (Alamo Bowl)

Pelini

2009 vs #20 Oklahoma

2012 vs #20 Michigan

Obviously Osborne spent most of his tenure ranked, so with my criteria, he wouldn't appear here much.

because it does matter to me idk just that atmosphere around game day and I'm sure it matters to everyone

When does enough be enough? I'm not a season ticket holder and only been to a handful of games but have been a fan since I was born. Lived in Lincoln. Could see the stadium from my house on Vine. I'd hate to see it end but when does the sellout end?

Get this garbage out of here. If you're not a season ticket holder, what does it matter to you?

I don't think Nebraska's sellout record will ever go away in my lifetime. Someone somewhere will always buy up any loose tickets to keep it going.

Also, tradition plays more of a part in filling the stands than winning. How many baseball fans would pass up seeing the Royals clinch the division to see an afternoon ballgame in the ivy covered walls of Wrigley field?

Nebraska first 1-2 record since 1981 isn't going to cause it. Also with the home opponents on the schedule it defintely won't end soon. Since Michigan State could be coming in as #2.

Only reason I know is it is kept being brought up everywhere I look... It does feel weird having that record for the first time in my life.

For fun the 1981 season:

@ Iowa - L 7-10 (Nebraska was #7, Iowa was unranked)

Florida St - W 34-14

Penn St - L 24-30 (Nebraska was #15, Penn St #3)

Auburn - W 17-3

Colorado - W 59-0

@ Kansas St - W 49-3

@ Missouri - W 6-0

Kansas - W 31-15

@ Oklahoma St - W 54-7

Iowa St - W 31-7

@ Oklahoma - W 37-14

Clemson* (Orange Bowl) - L 15-22 (Clemson was #1, Nebraska #4)

So won out after 1-2 start until Orange Bowl.

• Fire 1

Only reason I know is it is kept being brought up everywhere I look... It does feel weird having that record for the first time in my life.

For fun the 1981 season:

Florida St - W 34-14

Auburn - W 17-3

Colorado - W 59-0

@ Kansas St - W 49-3

@ Missouri - W 6-0

Kansas - W 31-15

@ Oklahoma St - W 54-7

Iowa St - W 31-7

@ Oklahoma - W 37-14

That's a tough schedule. Could you imagine playing that schedule today? Wow.

For fun the 1981 season:

Florida St - W 34-14

Auburn - W 17-3

Colorado - W 59-0

@ Kansas St - W 49-3

@ Missouri - W 6-0

Kansas - W 31-15

@ Oklahoma St - W 54-7

Iowa St - W 31-7

@ Oklahoma - W 37-14

That's a tough schedule. Could you imagine playing that schedule today? Wow.
That Iowa team made the Rose bowl, don't know if they do that this year, Penn St in 81 us probably better than this team. The others speak for themselves.

Umm, if it didn't end after 7 years of Pelini's antics and letdowns on the field, it won't end now. The new regime is just getting started, and most people will give them at least 3 years to get their system and players in.

Umm, if it didn't end after 7 years of Pelini's antics and letdowns on the field, it won't end now. The new regime is just getting started, and most people will give them at least 3 years to get their system and players in.

It's the one's that won't give them 3 games that are getting all the attention.

I see the urban legend of some benefactor or business "buying up unused tickets" is still going strong. By any rules anyone anywhere uses to gauge a sellout, Nebraska's sellout streak is legitimate.

For god's sake, there's been a wait list for season tickets for every seat that's counted for the purposes of a "sellout streak" for four decades. Use your head.

I see the urban legend of some benefactor or business "buying up unused tickets" is still going strong. By any rules anyone anywhere uses to gauge a sellout, Nebraska's sellout streak is legitimate.

For god's sake, there's been a wait list for season tickets for every seat that's counted for the purposes of a "sellout streak" for four decades. Use your head.

There are still tickets available for the Southern Mississippi game.

I went to the official University of Nebraska website to find available tickets and through there I was sent to this link:

https://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?linkID=huskers&ticketCode=GS:IBM:F15:03:&groupCode=FBHG&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&cgc=&prc=&ppc=&psc=&sm=1

These are NOT returned tickets from Southern Mississippi either. These are tickets that if not purchased will indeed end the sellout streak. West stand sections 21-24 have a few scattered throughout as well as both endzones. Now I can't say with certainty that all of the tickets are not from the visiting school allotment but I do know that many of the tickets available are in sections that will end the streak if they aren't sold.