The coaches have the correct formula

Lux

Pelini was fired for his blowout losses. We have been competitive in every contest thus far IMO and the stats I presented entail we will continue to be. I think the strengths we present are very favorable entering big ten west play. Keep control on offense. Stuff the run. Let them sling it around. But don't give up a lot of points. This formula will win us/put us in position to win a lot of ball games gentlemen. I'm excited.

Pelini was fired because eichorst had an agenda and more importantly Bo did not make the changes in his coaching staff he needed to. If blowout losses are your main concern then start your coaching search now. I see us winning two games in conference this year. Going to be a rough ride, so buckle up. Good things will come though. Changes will probably start with Pearlman, eichorst and then the football program to soon follow. Pearlman took over after 2001 btw. look at the success of the universities main money making asset since...

Perlman isn't the pres anymore...

Look at all the teams around the country who have serious issues this year. Texas is nearly a dumpster fire with a new coach, new system and many true freshmen players. Oregon was throttled by Utah yesterday. Bama while still solid isn't the Crimson Tide team we have seen in the past. Ohio St isn't clobbering teams as expected after a Natty last year. Arky was supposed to contend but they have 3 losses. The point is we aren't the only team that has weaknesses and from week to week most teams can have bad days. Let our team mature, quit calling the players and coaching staff out and enjoy the season. There will be some low points that won't be fun but I think we have the potential to keep most games close and exciting. If the pass D gets better we'll be hard to beat. Enjoy the wins and don't have a conniption fit when we lose or have a close game.

• Fire 1

Nope.

We're dead last in passing D, and 108th in yards per play (as of last week). That may work against scrubs, but even on the crappy B1G West, that's a recipe for 3-4 losses.

Yep. Dead last in either category is a recipe for disaster against teams with a pulse. Our run D has yet to be tested. Why run against us when your QB can have a record setting outing against us. Not to mention we will probably spot you another 100 yards in stupid penalties.......

The penalties is what really annoys me. How on earth do you have 12 penalties in 3 out of 4 games. That is ridiculous. Poor, sloppy coaching.

The logic of the post is good except that it assumes that the Big Ten passers will NOT be as good as Southern Miss today because if we give up 400 plus yards passing and several TDs to ANY of our Big Ten opponents, we will NOT win. They won't let us throw for 400 and run for 200 more. We don't want to play 'barn burners' every week and those are not likely as the Big Ten doesn't have those kinds of games often (like in Pac 12 and Big 12). Big Ten will be 10 pts or more per team lower typically in the high score games. We will have to score 40 or more to win Big Ten games if we give up massive yards in passing. The problem is that the Big Ten teams that pass for 350 yards against us WILL also run for 175 and couple TDs. They won't abandon running game - just use it to slice and dice on key plays. They will also have bigger stronger O lines than SoMiss and SoBama and likely as good or better than BYU (ala Michigan for example).

Going to be tough in the Big Ten if we can't cut the opponents to less than 275 passing and 135 rushing while we get 350 and 225. We also MUST win special teams and so far those have not been nearly as good as required to win in Big Ten.

We punted once and had 1 turnover. That usually means you blew out the opponent. If we can't score more than 36 when we only punt once, we will get killed in the BIG with our poor defense.

I dont put any qb in the West in the same tier as 3 that weve already played. Just my opinion after watching multiple games. Connor Cook will light us up. Assuming no adjustment or improvement.

Lunt is better than all but Kaaya. Beathard at Iowa, and Purdue's frosh QB can chuck the rock too.
ive watched em pretty considerably. Yeah. Lunts pretty good. But what they have sround him. Its just my opinion. Weve played the best 3 qbs on our schedule aside from the onvious best connor cook.
Well I sure hope so, becuase we've gotten worse on pass D each consecutive week.
weve shown flashes of improvement. I thought today the defense was real vanilla. Like spring game dialed down. Then Bankers comments about having to dumb it down this week cuz of the injuries make sense.

But at the end of the day we held the team to 28 points 7 of which came off a turnover getting the ball at the 10. And if the offense put the ball in the endzone a few times, this things 56-28 like evryone predicted and conversations are totally different. The perception based on a secondary yardsge stat becomes irrelevant.

Agreed, but S miss was also a couple drops from scoring more on those drives too. Either way, we gotta improve the passing D. There's no reason to be dead last. None.

Pelini was fired for his blowout losses. We have been competitive in every contest thus far IMO and the stats I presented entail we will continue to be. I think the strengths we present are very favorable entering big ten west play. Keep control on offense. Stuff the run. Let them sling it around. But don't give up a lot of points. This formula will win us/put us in position to win a lot of ball games gentlemen. I'm excited.

Pelini was fired because eichorst had an agenda and more importantly Bo did not make the changes in his coaching staff he needed to. If blowout losses are your main concern then start your coaching search now. I see us winning two games in conference this year. Going to be a rough ride, so buckle up. Good things will come though. Changes will probably start with Pearlman, eichorst and then the football program to soon follow. Pearlman took over after 2001 btw. look at the success of the universities main money making asset since...
You're absolutely correct. He is just the Chancellor of the university.

Theres nothin wrong with constructive criticism. But i see a lot criticism that is not constructive. It lacks perspective on circumstances.

No truer words can be said. It's all the hyperbole that gets tiresome. Complaining about red zone offense like it has been a problem all year. Even though up till this game they were 12 of 12 with 11 tds

• Fire 1

Its not just husker history zoogs. It happens pretty often across all college football. As a stare at a score box reading....

Utah. 62

Oregon. 20

Ucla. 56

Arizona. 30

The suddenly world beater Northwestern 24

Ball st 19

And asu was losing to USC 35-0 when I went to bed, and USC lost to Stanford last week and Stanford lost to northwestern. So if we beat NW we will be better than ASU, USC Stanford and Northwestern.

I don't mean to be negative, but I don't think this coaching staff will make things any better. They are missing so many details on defense. I know they are having issues with injuries, but why is that. Are they conditioning these players the right way. I know I'm jumping the gun perhaps, but the writing is on the wall. Everyone seems to be drinking the same coo laid. Why aren't we running the ball more. We have the backs to do that. Tommie isn't Tom Brady. Why are we always trying to pass down field all the time. Whats wrong with short passes to the flats, more fullback traps, then play action to the TE's. I could go on and on but I pooped out.

Four games into a brand new coaching staff, with new schemes and several key players out due to injury, and you're throwing in the towel.

Christ. If I was a random internet peruser that had no idea what had happened with Husker football in the last year I'd think we were in year six of a coach. Some of you are just downright absurd.

Jumping the gun? No. You've just set ridiculous expectations and now that they haven't been met you're looking for an outlet to basically say we need to go back to 1995. The reason we aren't running the ball is we're not very good at it and I'd probably take about 4-5 other backs in the B1G before I got to ours. Where's the proof we 'have the backs to do' anything right now?

Tommie isn't Tom Brady? Yeah, and a Corvette isn't a Ferrari 458. No kidding.

Why are we passing down the field all the time? Because it's the only thing helping us move the ball effectively.

There's nothing wrong with short passes to the flats (which we do), or fullback traps (which we did) and play actions to TE's (which we tried). Our TE's drop passes like they're burning coals.

I apologize for making you the brunt of this post but this woe is me garbage is getting obnoxious. If you can't find something to enjoy about the game and team while also hoping they finds ways to improve... find another team to root for.

I don't mean to be negative, but I don't think this coaching staff will make things any better. They are missing so many details on defense. I know they are having issues with injuries, but why is that. Are they conditioning these players the right way. I know I'm jumping the gun perhaps, but the writing is on the wall. Everyone seems to be drinking the same coo laid. Why aren't we running the ball more. We have the backs to do that. Tommie isn't Tom Brady. Why are we always trying to pass down field all the time. Whats wrong with short passes to the flats, more fullback traps, then play action to the TE's. I could go on and on but I pooped out.

Your whole post is about how you don't like an offense that just put up 600 yards. Including 250 on the ground. The one and only big problem with this team is pass defense, oh and penalties

I haven't been that engaged this year, but I'm thinking the rosy run defense stat is because they haven't needed to run against us because they can just throw it down field for 30 every play. Can't remember when I've seen such an inept pass defense as what we have now and I think most of the blame falls on the coaches. They should try LB-NSIE.....and maybe not give up so much space.....and maybe keep their hands to themselves before the ball gets there.....oh,one more.....and if the pass is on target to the back of their head, they should turn around and catch it.

You're absolutely correct. He is just the Chancellor of the university.

Every thing you have said is correct.

Harv couldn't care less about the program as long as the stadium continues to be sold out. Isn't he retiring next summer?

The question is: would you rather be consistently ok to good or take a chance to be great and risk failing. We answered that question when we let Bo go (and I honestly think most Husker fans agreed with that move). The difference comes in when you think MR is the guy to make us great. I have my doubts.

Oh, I think plenty have doubts -- when it comes to a certain definition of "greatness". A handful of coaches stand alone in that circle. It's not easy, and most programs will need to try a number of times to get someone even close to it.

However, I think MR is the guy we needed in the worst way.

Bo trashed Nebraska's reputation for years with his act. He made it out that Nebraska was some crazy dump nobody would want to go to, or coach at. And the scary thing is, both Husker fans and some nationally were ready to embrace the idea that Nebraska is the kind of place that needs to hang on to or go after any ass as long as they were halfway decent at coaching.

Don't underestimate the value of a return to professionalism. If it doesn't work out, Riley will have a classy exit and a meaningful impact off the field. And Nebraska will try again.

Plenty of blue blood programs have cycled through unimpressive (or worse) coaches in every way. We have one who, whether he wins or not, is otherwise as impressive as they come. However this story ends, that's something to be thankful for.

• Fire 7