Freedom v Gangwish

We have three DEs that aren't that far apart, talent wise. Each has skills slightly different from the others. Freedom is a step faster than the other two. Gonna get us a sack or two every game. Gangwish has the best motor. Never quits on a play. McMullen is the strongest of the three. Pretty good run stopper.

I say we rotate them liberally, sticking with the two who seem best facing a particular opponent or situation. :dunno:

Sit McMuffin because I don't think he has done anything productive since 2013.

Come on, man. Criticize the performance but name calling isn't necessary.

I agree that you play Akinmoladun and Gangwish. Both guys together should hopefully help with getting pressure on the QB.

• Fire 1

Guess this isn't a mystery to the coaches either.

Do you ever just sit back and appreciate as a fan, those times when you're thinking something, and the rest of the world is thinking something, and for once the coaches are thinking the exact same thing.

Glad they see it. The first answer was the right answer. You get your best guys on the field.

Freedom has really looked better and better every Saturday. Awesome to see some young guys coming in, gaining that invaluable experience, and truly honing their skills. Just think how good this guy could be by the time he's a senior.

• Fire 3

Guess this isn't a mystery to the coaches either.

https://twitter.com/HuskerExtraBC/status/648634942142869504

If we are so thin at DE why do we keep moving guys out of that position?

Who else have they moved out of DE?

It would make sense to try McMullen somewhere else as he hasn't been contributing much at the DE position. Maybe he'll do some good inside where we also have guys struggling to get to the QB. I don't think we have any depth to speak of at DL or DE, probably been quite the challenge.

Freedom moved into that position. McMullen, I mean, look at his play. Looks more like an inside guy anyway. And really, it's just part of a rotation as to how they *might* use him.

Said Banker: "Who knows? It's fascinating, a little bit to think everybody's healthy. But we could have a lineup w/ Maliek (Collins) & Greg (McMullen) at the tackles and (Jack) Gangwish and Freedom out at the ends."

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/practice-report-sept-nu-s-defense-seeking-to-be-more/article_ec948d00-6635-11e5-8139-3769536e6e42.html

Think we're jumping the gun a little trying to find a critical angle in this.