Last hope on the 15' season

BIG ERN

This week:

Nebraska beats Wisconsin

Michigan beats NW

Next week:

Nebraska beats Minnesota

NW beats Iowa

All very possible scenarios that would turn our season right back around and have a chance in the West. Wisconsin would be shut out of the race after this weekend. NW still has to play Ohio State later on (we play Mich St). Iowa would have the easiest schedule from here on out, but plays @Neb and @Ind who doesn't look too bad. Illini will lose to Iowa this week and just aren't that good along with Purdue.

Just trying to be optimistic about the season still. Being out of the division race wipes out the season for us - really nothing to play for after that. Of course we could win out and it doesn't matter what other teams will do, but that doesn't even seem possible at this point.

GBR

• Fire 3

It wouldn't surprise me at all. In another thread, someone posted that when the Huskers had the ball on the final BYU possession we had a 98.5% chance of winning. This was the record for highest chance of winning for a losing team. This record was broken against Illinois when the winning percentage was 99.5%. Throw in the OT loss, and all our coaches have to do is remove their heads from their rectums, and we should be able to win some games.

It wouldn't surprise me at all. In another thread, someone posted that when the Huskers had the ball on the final BYU possession we had a 98.5% chance of winning. This was the record for highest chance of winning for a losing team. This record was broken against Illinois when the winning percentage was 99.5%. Throw in the OT loss, and all our coaches have to do is remove their heads from their rectums, and we should be able to win some games.

It cracks me up every time someone calls into 1620 and says they don't see us winning another game :wasted

It cracks me up every time someone calls into 1620 and says they don't see us winning another game :wasted

It seems highly unlikely, but this staff is litteraly inventing ways to lose, in historic fashion.

But at least they are looking into things.

I love the Huskers as much as anyone. I will support them through it all. However, I for one almost don't want to see us in the B1G championship game. With the inconsistency this team has had this year so far, it would be ugly by midway through the 2nd quarter imo. I would still be supporting them and yelling at my tv though.

On the flip side - if we lose this weekend it becomes even worse for everyone. 2-4 (0-2)

Heads will roll and Lincoln, NE will be in turmoil.

I don't think this week end is so critical so long as we play well (competitive). Most or nearly all fans expected the Wisconsin game as a loss or maybe a toss up because it was home and for those who thought we had a chance before the season began, it was because they over estimated the capability of the team. We have a number of players who have played winning level football at times. Really NONE have played at that level all the time yet. Only a few have played that way most of the time. Many have played winning football perhaps half the time and quite a few albeit a minority have played well perhaps 1 play out of 4.

The key is to not lose the team - and by that I mean to have the team keep its collective head up and play hard and keep on plugging away in practice to get smoother, better, and play faster as the repetitions allow them to react more instinctively and without hesitation and stopping to think about things so much. It needs to become routine and instantaneous and not a delay or pause while the mind processes and decisions are made as to where to go and what to do in a given situation. If Riley (thanks in large part to the great mass of hysterical fans bashing each and all concerned) loses the team's faith and confidence, the losses will come as naturally as the sun rises each morning.

This team does not deserve the fans' harsh criticism at this point. Each and every player on this team has played well and done good things at times as well as being normal and making a few mistakes so far. Obviously, penalties have really hurt and killed many drives and aided the opponents' in their drives. These are dramatic impacts in the overall tone, statistics and impression of the games for the fans' evaluations. Keeping opponents' drives alive makes the half time stats look even when maybe they should have been a bit more lopsided in the Huskers' favor. This in turn has an effect on the fans and pundits' opinions and rightfully so. But, the team is still capable of playing MUCH better football when the players, the coaches, the fans, the medical staff, etc. get it all put together. Too many injuries have hurt the performances. Opponents have had injuries too but we lost some key players in key positions at key times. All this added up to enough to keep the games close and allow three opponents (two on the road by the way) to pull off last second wins. All is not lost people.

Give this team a little more time to come around and be fair to the players at least. No matter how much you don't care about the Coaches, the players deserve to be encouraged and enabled and support in every way we can. We as fans can do better than simply gripe and complain and bitch and moan and piss around all the time. Most members on this board expressed the willingness to give the coaches time and support during the transition. Perhaps that was just lip service and insincere. If so, then you were wrong and remain wrong. Give the team a chance. Let's support the players and encourage. It can't hurt!

• Fire 3

On the flip side - if we lose this weekend it becomes even worse for everyone. 2-4 (0-2)

I don't think this week end is so critical so long as we play well (competitive). Most or nearly all fans expected the Wisconsin game as a loss or maybe a toss up because it was home and for those who thought we had a chance before the season began, it was because they over estimated the capability of the team. We have a number of players who have played winning level football at times. Really NONE have played at that level all the time yet. Only a few have played that way most of the time. Many have played winning football perhaps half the time and quite a few albeit a minority have played well perhaps 1 play out of 4.

The key is to not lose the team - and by that I mean to have the team keep its collective head up and play hard and keep on plugging away in practice to get smoother, better, and play faster as the repetitions allow them to react more instinctively and without hesitation and stopping to think about things so much. It needs to become routine and instantaneous and not a delay or pause while the mind processes and decisions are made as to where to go and what to do in a given situation. If Riley (thanks in large part to the great mass of hysterical fans bashing each and all concerned) loses the team's faith and confidence, the losses will come as naturally as the sun rises each morning.

This team does not deserve the fans' harsh criticism at this point. Each and every player on this team has played well and done good things at times as well as being normal and making a few mistakes so far. Obviously, penalties have really hurt and killed many drives and aided the opponents' in their drives. These are dramatic impacts in the overall tone, statistics and impression of the games for the fans' evaluations. Keeping opponents' drives alive makes the half time stats look even when maybe they should have been a bit more lopsided in the Huskers' favor. This in turn has an effect on the fans and pundits' opinions and rightfully so. But, the team is still capable of playing MUCH better football when the players, the coaches, the fans, the medical staff, etc. get it all put together. Too many injuries have hurt the performances. Opponents have had injuries too but we lost some key players in key positions at key times. All this added up to enough to keep the games close and allow three opponents (two on the road by the way) to pull off last second wins. All is not lost people.

Give this team a little more time to come around and be fair to the players at least. No matter how much you don't care about the Coaches, the players deserve to be encouraged and enabled and support in every way we can. We as fans can do better than simply gripe and complain and bitch and moan and piss around all the time. Most members on this board expressed the willingness to give the coaches time and support during the transition. Perhaps that was just lip service and insincere. If so, then you were wrong and remain wrong. Give the team a chance. Let's support the players and encourage. It can't hurt!

We're going to lose to Wisconsin...unless they are flat from getting beat by Iowa last week. The real test for this staff will be against Minnesota the following week...if we can't beat them, then we are truly a doormat team.

Iowa might have the easiest road ahead. They play NW, but don't play tOSU, Michigan or Sparty. Still, Iowa. They'll find a way to shoot themselves in the foot.

Kirk always finds a way to impload

Actually he is good for a 10-2 or 11-1 season every 5-6 years. He's due.

Especially if it's a contract year! :thumbs

I get what you're saying but I am tired of being competitive. I want to win. We were competitive in all three of our losses so far.