Previous Staff Members in Contact with Current Players

Its not an excuse for Riley. It was gonna be a battle regardless of the coach hired. I warned of sh#t like this and the f'd up culture left behind before Riley was even hired.

If this is true, i really hope no one is surprised. Id be more surprised if it werent happening in the supposed detrimental manner.

The fact that Bo was comfortable enough to call his former boss a c**t to a bunch of players shows that he felt the room was with him. So obviously some were then and still are now.

I'm guessing these reaches aren't floating around Gator land or Ann Arbor.

• Fire 1

That's the allegation: that he or they have contacted players expressly to "stir the pot" and undermine the new staff.

I think I'd be more concerned about Riley's current 2-3 record than what I am about what any former staff member is doing.

If we have time for 10 threads about a new coach that isn't going to be hired, we have time to discuss former coaches messing with our players heads. I'm sorry you don't see it that way.

I think the former coach may be messing with some fans heads more than our players heads.

• Fire 2

That's the allegation: that he or they have contacted players expressly to "stir the pot" and undermine the new staff.

I think I'd be more concerned about Riley's current 2-3 record than what I am about what any former staff member is doing.
You keep doing that. It's important to remind us at every turn what his record is, was, and what you think it will be.

Its not an excuse for Riley. It was gonna be a battle regardless of the coach hired. I warned of sh#t like this and the f'd up culture left behind before Riley was even hired.

If this is true, i really hope no one is surprised. Id be more surprised if it werent happening in the supposed detrimental manner.

The fact that Bo was comfortable enough to call his former boss a c**t to a bunch of players shows that he felt the room was with him. So obviously some were then and still are now.

I'm not a fan of A Florida team or a fan of Michigan. So I don't care about them unless it directly involves Nebraska.

I only care about what happens in Lincoln

I'm not a fan of A Florida team or a fan of Michigan. So I don't care about them unless it directly involves Nebraska.

Someone, I don't remember where I heard it or read it, thought that the fact that Florida and Michigan teams were pretty sure their coaches were being fired led to smoother transitions. Whereas in Lincoln, it was more of a shock to players. And then of course Pelini had to make it worse for the team on his way out the door. That's a whole different situation than Michigan or Florida.

again. Its easier in those cases. As was for Bo in 2008.

Lets put the thinking cap on a sec as hard as that may be for you. In those cases it was obvious that those guys, (Hoke, Muschamp, Callahan) were just not getting it done. There was no question. There was no controversial firing. There was no behavior/representation issues. Just that they didnt win enough football games. But with Bo you had all that. And you had a team that for the most part bought in to his culture. His schemes, style of play, style of coaching, excuses, fan and media resentment etc. and the biggest thing of all is that its an ongoing debate that he did win enough football games. #9wins. He had played for conference championships. And so on. So to the players that really like him, this was a very abrupt and controversial coaching change. And now this season comes around and we lose a couple games super close and you can imagine the doubt creeping in. Understandable. This is not a conspiracy theory. Its not an excuse. Its a damn observation. I can see it on the field. And i knew it was gonna be an issue last november after audio gate 2. Mentally, this team is a frickin mess.

Ill entertain descussion on Riley being or not being the guy all day. And whether someone else coulda fixed it faster. Its very debateable. I have my laundry list of doubts as well now that ive seen considerable on field performance. But dont confuse that with the toxic environment left behind by the former coach. Its real. Its there. And it os effecting play. Im a big psychology guy when it comes to sports. Ive always believed that mentality and psyche are a big part of performance. Why you think coach osborne, a doctor of educational psychology revolutionized college football 25 years ago by hiring a damn shrink for his frickin football team?

Foreman and Benning-who know all too well the issues that go on behind a lockerrom door-did two segments this morning on this very topic. I suggest you give it a listen. And Bennings words, for a lot pf players, its pee or get off the pot time.

• Fire 8

You keep doing that. It's important to remind us at every turn what his record is, was, and what you think it will be.
anx yet a win saturday abd Rileys in the same boat as Bo was in his first 6 games. And funnily, one game back of Callahans first six, since it happens to matter so much and all.

But with Bo you had all that. And you had a team that for the most part bought in to his culture. His schemes, style of play, style of coaching, excuses, fan and media resentment etc. and the biggest thing of all is that its an ongoing debate that he did win enough football games. #9wins. He had played for conference championships. And so on.

Sounds toxic

• Fire 1

Someone, I don't remember where I heard it or read it, thought that the fact that Florida and Michigan teams were pretty sure their coaches were being fired led to smoother transitions. Whereas in Lincoln, it was more of a shock to players. And then of course Pelini had to make it worse for the team on his way out the door. That's a whole different situation than Michigan or Florida.

this. All this. This was posted before my rant above while i was keying it. This sums it up simpler.

Its not rocket science. All you gotta do is think for a sec. Abd have the perspective that these guys are not robots. Theyre himans with hearts, minds, and feelings.

Rumor on RSS is that it's JP talking sh#t about the current staff to players.

There's a certain writer on another certain site that says it is not Papuchis.

It was probably best that specific names got left out. But since this writer, who is close friends with Papuchis, wants to blindly stick up for his buddy, I will flatly say that Papuchis is one of the coaches who is causing drama.