Previous Staff Members in Contact with Current Players

After an early loss to Pitt, Pelini and the Penguins are tearing up the Mo Valley. I doubt he cares what's going on around here as long as they send the check.

He could very well end up succeeding at YSU, but their 3 wins are against teams that haven't had a winning season in at least 3 years. Sounds familiar.

I'll tell ya this, I caught a flight out of Spokane last month and sat next to King Frazier's parents who were returning from their NDSU game against Montana. King is going to be licking his chops when they play Bo in November.

I really liked King...was disappointed when he left.
I was too, but I'm happy he's the man at NDSU and doing well.

Look at Nebraska's current pass defense statistics. That tells us right there that not only hasn't a single cornerback, safety or linebacker talked to Pelini as of late, but it also appears that they have all have forgotten everything he has ever said to them.

boom roasted.
The reason our secondary was successful last year is the the same reason they are struggling this year. Scheme. Some adjustments are being made. Look at how they started rotating Maliek around in the Illinois game. He came into the game with 7 tackles in four games and left with 9 tackles and 1.5 sacks in one game. This and the fact our LB are covering the #2 more in the flat the passing them to the safety shows the coaches are working to improve this defense. If we are going to as for adjustments to scheme from the coaches, we can not ignore that the players need to play with more confident and trust in their technique. J Rose was looking really good playing his technique in the first half. Others will come along with more time in the system. Finally, we as fans need to be better. We expect wins and quality football. It is fair to be frustrated and disappointed. We still need to give support and patience as our team is finding themselves.
  • Fire 1

Josh on USC just said a connection to the program, someone he trusts and he knows said a former coach is reaching out to players to stir the pot against Riley's staff.

Any activities like this would be grounds for legal action. For example, I can assure you that if Bo tried to undermine the team or 'stir the pot' against Riley, that would be grounds to terminate any further payments to him on his contract as well as a suit for damages etc. You can darn well bet Bo has ZERO goodwill remaining with any of the Administration and or Perlman etc. They would not hesitate to save the budget a few million and embarrass the hell out of Bo if they can. Assistant Coachs who may still be collecting money would also be in similar jeopardy. Alienation, interference with contract, slander, libel, etc. There would be numerous legal actions against anyone that is 'bad mouthing', etc. Trash talking if it is provable is actionable legally. I would think Riley and Company would have legal grounds as well.

No, those cases would be laughable (apart from a breach of contract case which would be dependent on the terms of the contract).

Nothing laughable about libel and slander. Anyone spreading falsehoods about someone engaged in their business or profession is certainly subject to legal action for such torts. Tampering with scholarship players is also a NO-NO under NCAA rules and any schools for which a coach may now be working would have some serious problems as well.

Kaz is the only one not employed. I would bet a months pay that this goes directly to our past head coach. He has done it before, now has the funds to pay an unemployed past coach for leg work. He did it to Callahan, he is a lot angrier now.

Yep.....a bit too conspiracy theory.

I doubt Pelini is very angry. He's got a cush job, great boss and making DI coin courtesy of Nebraska.

• Fire 1

Sker, go back to my post about his hiring. This is the main reason I dislike him so much, because he did it when he left the first time.

Kaz would be the only one that could get by with it is my guess. Like I said he did it before, just using someone else to cause the cancer in the locker room.

I like you have questions about this staff, but I have no questions about the past head coach. Knew about it when it was going on the first time, and it is posted on this board.

I am not giving the staff a pass because of this, but if it is happening, it is just wrong.

I'm with skersfan -- not the conspiracy theory aspect. It's just kind of who he is and the culture he created at Nebraska, and this is something that skersfan has been on about since before Pelini was hired, so I need to give him credit where it's due. Bo made quite the impression the first time around.

I think sabotage is really the wrong word. Communication is natural and in this case, I suspect it's just how they are. It does speak to their priorities, but you are talking about a staff that was always way too preoccupied with their critics. You see it reflected in the team today, in a worrisome way. These players, after an embarrassing loss to Illinois, expect the fanbase to be at odds with them. Yeah, there's disappointment and anger, and a minority of ugly Twitter-ers, but they've been conditioned to focus on just that.

You know what the first youtube search result for John Papuchis is? Coach lashes out at Husker fan. You know what Bo does when he has a good game? Goes up to his pulpit and sneers, "Contrary to what you all think, I haven't forgotten how to stop the run." If Nebraska were 5-0, the lack of class would be hiding under a rock, waiting for that "I told you so opportunity" that will inevitably come at some point.

Only time will get us past some of this stuff. These are choppy waters Riley (or any other new head coach) needs to navigate.

• Fire 2

I'm with skersfan -- not the conspiracy theory aspect. It's just kind of who he is and the culture he created at Nebraska, and this is something that skersfan has been on about since before Pelini was hired, so I need to give him credit where it's due. Bo made quite the impression the first time around.

Something may have.....and may quite possibly be.....occurring. But the reason this is ANY kind of a deal is because Mike Riley is not producing results. This crap isn't happening at Florida or Michigan.....and yes, our situation is different.....which begs the examination as to why it's different.

Pelini was an assistant coach trying to make his way up in 2003. He is a flippin' multi millionaire courtesy of Nebraska now.

As big of a "snake" as a few believe Pelini is, he has the support and respect of those like Tom Osborne.....who knows Pelini much better than your average internet poster thinks they do.

• Fire 1

Joe Keels posted a picture of him and Kaz with a loyalty hashtag. He is such a waste of a scholly it's not even funny. Riley should cut all the dead weight off the roster and just play the younger kids. At this point it might be the best option.