Previous Staff Members in Contact with Current Players

Josh on USC just said a connection to the program, someone he trusts and he knows said a former coach is reaching out to players to stir the pot against Riley's staff.

Any activities like this would be grounds for legal action. For example, I can assure you that if Bo tried to undermine the team or 'stir the pot' against Riley, that would be grounds to terminate any further payments to him on his contract as well as a suit for damages etc. You can darn well bet Bo has ZERO goodwill remaining with any of the Administration and or Perlman etc. They would not hesitate to save the budget a few million and embarrass the hell out of Bo if they can. Assistant Coachs who may still be collecting money would also be in similar jeopardy. Alienation, interference with contract, slander, libel, etc. There would be numerous legal actions against anyone that is 'bad mouthing', etc. Trash talking if it is provable is actionable legally. I would think Riley and Company would have legal grounds as well.

I hope the "Law" in your username means you are knowledgeable about the subject.

Josh on USC just said a connection to the program, someone he trusts and he knows said a former coach is reaching out to players to stir the pot against Riley's staff.

Any activities like this would be grounds for legal action. For example, I can assure you that if Bo tried to undermine the team or 'stir the pot' against Riley, that would be grounds to terminate any further payments to him on his contract as well as a suit for damages etc. You can darn well bet Bo has ZERO goodwill remaining with any of the Administration and or Perlman etc. They would not hesitate to save the budget a few million and embarrass the hell out of Bo if they can. Assistant Coachs who may still be collecting money would also be in similar jeopardy. Alienation, interference with contract, slander, libel, etc. There would be numerous legal actions against anyone that is 'bad mouthing', etc. Trash talking if it is provable is actionable legally. I would think Riley and Company would have legal grounds as well.

There were some people that believed Bo did this in 2004

No, Bo undermined Frank to try and get the HC job.
exsqueeze me?

Just a small fact that not many people know about. He was in Pedy's ear after the KSU game until he was fired after CU.

The same Pederson that virtually ignored Bo during the coaching search?

Yep, why would you hire a guy who just stabbed his boss in the back? Besides, Pedy was looking for a splash hire and Bo didn't fit that description.

Speculation. I am sure if these players are hurting right now, confused, embarrassed, and feeling unconfident they are looking for a familiar voice. Sometimes those familiar voices can help or can make things worse, but most of the time they will encourage(I hope).

Looking for someone to vent to. Thats common in my world. Having a bad day, call someone that I used to work with and say WTF.

Its called a level of trust. I am concerned that if this is an issue this program and players aren't committing to the new ways yet, and this would lead to mental break downs on the field and off.

This is why some caution against switching coaches every other time things get dicy. I think, and I am one who thinks Riley isn't going to get it done, but at the same time, needs to have some time to right the ship and correct this himself. The program needs him to rectify this as well. Same thing as the fan base is right now. We need to stand in line behind the program and show some solid support for the new regime. Even if it means watching a team squander leads and games. Support is necessary. Goes against what I feel down deep, but this program is fragile. Who would have ever thought 20 years ago that this football program would be so fragile and in state of getting other fans mercy and sorrow? Who ever would have thought that.

I think its time for those who can't live without BO to move on and those who support current staff to be brought up front in line first now. Even if that means starting a new group of 11 on each side of the ball.

Still as I sit and write this, its merely interpretation and speculation as to whats going on in my mind.

Fisher is all class, at least as far as we can tell publicly. Seems like a good guy cheering on his former players.

This is a pretty crazy charge to levy on anyone. Not to say the culture doesn't need to go through change after Bo's tenure. That was going to be true with or without "sabotage".

Fisher spoke at one of the Big Red Breakfast things this year, which I thought took a lot of class and probably wasn't the easiest thing to do.

This is the first I've heard about a former coach interfering with the team. I can't believe that without some proof. I could see them remaining in occasional contact, but sabotage would be even lower than I thought Pelini was capable. It would be beyond selfish to sabotage players' athletic and academic careers just to boost your own ego.

*edited. After listening to the segments on Unsportsmanlike Conduct, I can believe it.

I hope the "Law" in your username means you are knowledgeable about the subject.

Indeed, it is a good indication of my graduation and area of study and knowledge, including Mr. Perlman who was then Dean of the Law School as matter of fact.

There were some people that believed Bo did this in 2004

He did and some in 2005, It just reaffirms that the right decision was made to kick his ass down the road. He did what he could to undermine Callahan and Pederson because he is a vindictive assh%!e. Now it seems his former staff is doing the same to Riley, likey with 408's blessing.

• Fire 1

Indeed, it is a good indication of my graduation and area of study and knowledge, including Mr. Perlman who was then Dean of the Law School as matter of fact.

:thumbs I'll even refrain making a lawyer joke.

I wouldn't get all worked up over this unless and until there is real proof of actual wrongdoing. Just because the radio trolls on USC say they "know from someone connected to the program" is not proof. Kind of funny how people are ready to swallow rumors from the radio but if someone came on here and made that claim they'd get curb-stomped for not providing a quotable source. :bs:

• Fire 2

I don't think it's a huge problem that some former staff remain in contact with current players, nor do I think it's a fair expectation to ask them to cease all contact with our players. However, if the content of their communication in any way, shape, or form, consits of badmouthing of the current staff or anything negative like that, then a boundary has been crossed.

• Fire 1