WTF

Nothing but a bunch of couch coaches in here. Have any of you tried to lead a team in anything where you know no one and none of which you had influence on? It's hard as hell. I said it in another thread and I'll say it here, to write a coach out after 6 games with 0 players he recruited is foolish. This team was already broken before riley was coach and to expect BIG 10 title contention is ludicrous.

It's an uphill battle to acclimate to a new job and to expect riley to just come in and contend immediately is naive and wishful at best. I hoped for better as well, but I sincerely hope most of you on this board is reasonable enough to realize Riley is not Jesus and he can't turn an average to piss poor team into gold overnight.

Let's wait a year or 2 and see the players he brings in before we all sh#t our pants acting like it's the end of the world.

There are plenty of coaches who have gone into a new program and won immediately, Florida is doing it as we speak.

Riley with his 40+ years of coaching experience, I expected him to be at least on the opposite end of this 2-4 record and be 4-2.

But it is redundant at this point.

Ooo yeah, the Florida team who's had far superior recruiting classes over the past 4 years than us? Great, let's compare apples and oranges and call it even. Definitely an even comparison when one coach inherits a talent rich squad and another inherits a squad with deficiencies across the board with no difference makers.

Nothing but a bunch of couch coaches in here. Have any of you tried to lead a team in anything where you know no one and none of which you had influence on? It's hard as hell. I said it in another thread and I'll say it here, to write a coach out after 6 games with 0 players he recruited is foolish. This team was already broken before riley was coach and to expect BIG 10 title contention is ludicrous.

It's an uphill battle to acclimate to a new job and to expect riley to just come in and contend immediately is naive and wishful at best. I hoped for better as well, but I sincerely hope most of you on this board is reasonable enough to realize Riley is not Jesus and he can't turn an average to piss poor team into gold overnight.

Let's wait a year or 2 and see the players he brings in before we all sh#t our pants acting like it's the end of the world.

There are plenty of coaches who have gone into a new program and won immediately, Florida is doing it as we speak.

Riley with his 40+ years of coaching experience, I expected him to be at least on the opposite end of this 2-4 record and be 4-2.

Ooo yeah, the Florida team who's had far superior recruiting classes over the past 4 years than us? Great, let's compare apples and oranges and call it even. Definitely an even comparison when one coach inherits a talent rich squad and another inherits a squad with deficiencies across the board with no difference makers.

Well IMO, this Nebraska team has some talent and some playmakers.

Most certainly more talent than a 2-4 record team.

Well IMO, this Nebraska team has some talent and some playmakers.

Most certainly more talent than a 2-4 record team.

I agree our record should be better, however, I strongly disagree on talent. Fill me in on the playmakers and talent on this squad. I see a QB with no consistency, no RB who makes ppl miss or runs through ppl, no receiver who can create and a slow defense with no instinct for the ball to go along with average size and speed. Who am I not seeing disrupt plays on defense? Who on offense is a game breaker that I must have taken a piss break and missed them tearing it up?

It's an uphill battle to acclimate to a new job and to expect riley to just come in and contend immediately is naive and wishful at best.

Really that far fetched? How are the other new hires doing during the soft part of the schedule?

Michigan/Florida - obvious

Houston - undefeated and contending

Oregon St - getting routed

Pitt - 4-1

Wisconsin - not good, but 4-2

Most of those hires, possibly all of those hires, were widely considered better than ours. Ours just baffled everyone. (Personally think Chryst makes about as little sense as Riley but some disagree.)

Even if you ignore the idea of contending, which I would say is better left as exceeding expectations in a first year, 2-4 is simply not acceptable, and certainly not with this schedule. There is a good chance, largely depending on what Sparty does next week, that we do not play a top 10 team this season.

It's an uphill battle to acclimate to a new job and to expect riley to just come in and contend immediately is naive and wishful at best.

Really that far fetched? How are the other new hires doing during the soft part of the schedule?

Pitt - 4-1

Most of those hires, possibly all of those hires, were widely considered better than ours. Ours just baffled everyone. (Personally think Chryst makes about as little sense as Riley but some disagree.)

Even if you ignore the idea of contending, which I would say is better left as exceeding expectations in a first year, 2-4 is simply not acceptable, and certainly not with this schedule. There is a good chance, largely depending on what Sparty does next week, that we do not play a top 10 team this season.

I completely agree that 2-4 is unacceptable but let's be real here. We probably have a handful of players who would be 1-2 on the depth chart at Florida, if that. Harbaugh has proven to be one of top coaches on any level and michigan also has superior talent to go along with it. Have u taken a look at Houston's schedule? We'd be 5-0 as well playing those cupcakes. Pitt barely beat bo f*cking beep and Youngstown st. And Wisconsin has had a culture of success and recruits well to their system over the past5 years.

So what's your point? You compare us to schools with more talent,a softer schedule or both and think we're entitled to the same success?

• Fire 1

Pitt - 4-1

Who cares? Riley is a completely different type of coach compared to any of those hires. It's been beaten to death but just let the guy do what he can whether it be bad coaching or dominating top ten teams.

(Obvious) We have witnessed Riley's 6th game as a head coach at NU. Is patience something that people don't care for?

Pitt - 4-1

Who cares? Riley is a completely different type of coach compared to any of those hires. It's been beaten to death but just let the guy do what he can whether it be bad coaching or dominating top ten teams.

(Obvious) We have witnessed Riley's 6th game as a head coach at NU. Is patience something that people don't care for?

"Patience" is what got us stuck in Bogatory for 7 years.

How long do we wait?

• Fire 1

Pitt - 4-1

I completely agree that 2-4 is unacceptable but let's be real here. We probably have a handful of players who would be 1-2 on the depth chart at Florida, if that. Harbaugh has proven to be one of top coaches on any level and michigan also has superior talent to go along with it. Have u taken a look at Houston's schedule? We'd be 5-0 as well playing those cupcakes. Pitt barely beat bo f*cking beep and Youngstown st. And Wisconsin has had a culture of success and recruits well to their system over the past5 years.

So what's your point? You compare us to schools with more talent,a softer schedule or both and think we're entitled to the same success?

Michigan has sh#t for talent......they finally have a great coach who the kids believe in.

Pitt - 4-1

"Patience" is what got us stuck in Bogatory for 7 years.

How long do we wait?

Pelini was here 7 years because he started off well.

Riley has started off......well, like Riley.

I think my buddy sumed it up best yesterday when he said " Riley and crew came from Corvallis where keeping it close WAS a win, they dont know how to ACUALLY win!"

There's some truth there. It's a logical fallacy to believe that since a coach has 'success' (independently defined) in one place that he'll have 'success' in another with more resources. It doesn't work that way. Everyone has different strengths.

The thing is, what has happened at the end of the last two games, it doesn't matter who he brings in. Poor decision making down the stretch is squarely on the shoulders of the staff.

And why can't someone turn an average team into gold overnight...........this staff as turned an average team into a piss poor one overnight.