Sunshine Kool-Aid Drinkers, Thanks for Helping Kill This Program

And considering that Nebraska's mediocrity will have a significantly negative impact on merchandise sales and brand value, it's honestly shocking that our leadership didn't make a quality hire last time around.

-----

and yet the crowd sounded as loud as I've ever heard them.

Hmmmm..........it's too bad not everybody is buying into your bullsh#t, or your story would be a lot easier to tell huh?

Just give it a few more weeks. If we end up 2-10 or 3-9, I can see many season ticket holders deciding not to renew (I know I won't)

And considering that Nebraska's mediocrity will have a significantly negative impact on merchandise sales and brand value, it's honestly shocking that our leadership didn't make a quality hire last time around.

-----

Hmmmm..........it's too bad not everybody is buying into your bullsh#t, or your story would be a lot easier to tell huh?

Just give it a few more weeks. If we end up 2-10 or 3-9, I can see many season ticket holders deciding not to renew (I know I won't)

How was the traffic this evening?

-----

How was the traffic this evening?

Didn't attend (as promised earlier this week)

I just want to show support to the Huskers which includes HCMR. I cannot say he's done a brilliant job, and there have been some questionable decisions in this first year at the helm in Lincoln. I like this team. And have seen the close losses so far - all feeling like heartbreakers - but try to point out some positives here and there. So does that make me a sunshine pumping kool-aid drinker? If so then I don't know what else to do or say.

• Fire 1

I just want to show support to the Huskers which includes HCMR. I cannot say he's done a brilliant job, and there have been some questionable decisions in this first year at the helm in Lincoln. I like this team. And have seen the close losses so far - all feeling like heartbreakers - but try to point out some positives here and there. So does that make me a sunshine pumping kool-aid drinker? If so then I don't know what else to do or say.

its funny, but i like this team a lot too.........their record and coaching is not good, but i like our kids and their potential, i guess that may seem strange, but i do..........

• Fire 1

I thought it was the players, coaches, AD and University administrators ( along with changes in scholly limits, etc by the NCAA) that was killing this program. I had no idea, that me, being an optimistic life long fan of Nebraska football could have such a negative influence over such a power program. I guess I am overachieving like a big dog! But, glad to contribute how ever I can. You are welcome, thanks for the shout out.

• Fire 2

Some of you screaming for the coaching staff to be fired must think it's 1998 or something. Nebraska is not going to get one of these so called big name coaches to come here no matter what the price. So our record has taken a step backwards from last year. But I sure enjoy watching the games this year instead of waiting for our coach to blow up on the sideline and scream and berate anyone he can find. Sometimes the only way to go up is to go down first. Let us not forget we lost a rb from last years team that masked a ton of offensive problems. Since playing in the rose bowl our greatest accomplishment is losing in conference championship games. No one remembers the losers of these games. Some of you need to face reality that Saban, Meyer or whomever you think is a slam dunk. They aren't coming here. Perhaps Riley is the best we could get. Stew on that one for a bit.

• Fire 1

Until we hire a BIG NAME proven coach and recruiter -- not some young unproven up-and-comer or unknown commodity -- we will remain languishing in mediocrity.

Bama and Michigan have provided the blueprint/formula to follow; we just have to do it. Chip Kelly, Mark Richt, Gary Patterson, Jim Tressel...

Some of you screaming for the coaching staff to be fired must think it's 1998 or something. Nebraska is not going to get one of these so called big name coaches to come here no matter what the price. So our record has taken a step backwards from last year. But I sure enjoy watching the games this year instead of waiting for our coach to blow up on the sideline and scream and berate anyone he can find. Sometimes the only way to go up is to go down first. Let us not forget we lost a rb from last years team that masked a ton of offensive problems. Since playing in the rose bowl our greatest accomplishment is losing in conference championship games. No one remembers the losers of these games. Some of you need to face reality that Saban, Meyer or whomever you think is a slam dunk. They aren't coming here. Perhaps Riley is the best we could get. Stew on that one for a bit.

Sorry but you're just plain wrong if you think that

Until we hire a BIG NAME proven coach and recruiter -- not some young unproven up-and-comer or unknown commodity -- we will remain languishing in mediocrity.

Bama and Michigan have provided the blueprint/formula to follow; we just have to do it. Chip Kelly, Mark Richt, Gary Patterson, Jim Tressel...

I think you're related to me lol. Your posts lately are exactly what I am thinking. We've got to get a proven successful leader here. We caught lightning in a bottle twice with our predecessors. The program can still be saved but MR is not the man we need.