Overtime: Northwestern Post-game Overreactions

Do that if it makes you feel better. I will spare myself the pain and do something fun in the meantime. I don't mind watching my team lose, but I've had enough embarrassment for the season.

Good bye then, have a Merry Christmas. Be sure to check back in next year...

...or not, your choice.

What is the local feelings about Riley and co?

What is the local media covering? Are they asking any hard questions for Riley or is everything soft balls?

Nebraska could very well go 4-9...If this happens even in Callahans first year things would be outrageous....For some reason since it is Riley, it seems everyone is calm and saying it'll all be OK.

What is the local feelings about Riley and co?

What is the local media covering? Are they asking any hard questions for Riley or is everything soft balls?

Nebraska could very well go 4-9...If this happens even in Callahans first year things would be outrageous....For some reason since it is Riley, it seems everyone is calm and saying it'll all be OK.

It is eerily quiet on the board after this loss. I would conclude that there are many Huskers, even the die hards on this board, that are giving up on this team and season. This one apparently was the final straw that broke the Husker's backs. I think we need to focus on the future! The coaches need to look at what can we do the rest of this year to begin getting better for next year. Play the underclassment and if there are redshirts with talent, take a hard look at how much practice time they are really getting. We need to be more than ready for the first game in 2016. Start studying film of our first few opponents and practice accordingly. We got to find ways to win next year. I believe our conference schedule will be tougher so we need to win all we can. Maybe even plan to 'punt' the tough ones and practice for the winnable ones. If we are going to lose to Michigan State anyway, let's play our thirds and fourths. Avoid injuries, etc. Again, build for next year and after. This year is over.

There is something really fishy about Eichorst hiring Riley who is a couple of years from retirement. He could give a rat's ass about losing since he is cashing a fat check at the end of each month and has no product to show for it. At the end of the day, if he is fired, he gets to ride into the sunset with Nebraska funding his vacation in Hawaii. Let's get real here, we needed a coach who has something to offer and can potentially change the culture into a winning one. We got a below average coaching staff who are giving us exactly what they have always done, an average performance at best. The results speak for themselves. Now, the real question is how much time before we actually send the Chancellor, AD, and coaching staff packing and really start rebuilding because this is yet another episode of American Horror Stories and it is really scary.

There is something really fishy about Eichorst hiring Riley who is a couple of years from retirement. He could give a rat's ass about losing since he is cashing a fat check at the end of each month and has no product to show for it. At the end of the day, if he is fired, he gets to ride into the sunset with Nebraska funding his vacation in Hawaii. Let's get real here, we needed a coach who has something to offer and can potentially change the culture into a winning one. We got a below average coaching staff who are giving us exactly what they have always done, an average performance at best. The results speak for themselves. Now, the real question is how much time before we actually send the Chancellor, AD, and coaching staff packing and really start rebuilding because this is yet another episode of American Horror Stories and it is really scary.

Seriously. I do not understand all of this conspiracy theory crap. There is nothing fishy about Eichorst hiring Riley. There is no advantage for him to hire someone he doesn't think will do a good job. WHY????? Hiring a bad coach doesn't help you get a different AD job- that doesn't necessarily look good for your qualifications.

Eichorst has pretty much told us why he hired Riley. When Eichorst was at South Carolina (I believe this was the school), Riley's name came up for consideration. Riley's name also came up several other times in Eichorst's career. I think even Barry Alvarez had mentioned to Eichorst that he would consider hiring Riley. Ultimately, Riley's name came up a lot around Eichorst, and he latched on to it. I think he thought he was getting a hidden gem.

Now whether or not the hire was a good one is an entirely different topic. One that you can probably find a thread or two about if you do a little digging on the site.

Another question. Why would Riley want to give up his essentially lifetime contract at Oregon State to come here and not give a crap. I'm guessing he probably likes to coach, and I'm sure he would like to win. Again, can he win- another discussion.

I know asking for a little bit of reason is a tall order on an internet message board, but can we finally give up on this nonsense about Eichorst and Riley conspiring and not caring?

Riley and company did nothing to stop the pressure from this fan base from demanding another change. When execution gets worse as the season goes along, that is a sign of ineffective coaching. Unfortunately Eichorst will not be making a change, and someone like Fuente will be snatched up after this season ends. I fully supported getting rid of Pelini, but at least pick someone that can help take the program forward.

Man, we should've gotten McKlwain last year, but I'm all about going after Fuente as of now. I don't see this Riley movie getting much better anytime soon. USC or The U will scoop up Fuente by year's end is probably what will happen, and that makes me sad.

Do you want to know what is really sad!!! Watching his post -game press conference, Riley's having a hell of a time at Nebraska on everybody else's expense. NO BOWL GAME, NO MONEY FOR NEBRASKA. I wonder how that is going to pan out. Nebraska will take a financial hit not making it to a bowl game. I would think he would get fired for not even making it to a bowl game.

Riley is so used to not having winning seasons, that losing is no big deal to him it seems and the door can just kick his ass on the way out back to Oregon.

That black husker sweat shirt he's wearing will be his Nebraska souvenir.

We husker fans have to wait 4 more years to see if he can even coach with his new players. By that time, Nebraska will have 4 losing seasons and will probably be lost forever. It's a shame.

As a fan I don't want to wait another 4 years, even though us fans have no voice, but to waist our money and Saturday afternoons is a travesty, but I will always love my beloved huskers. I'm sorry to say, we have a new generation of husker fans who will never experience a winning tradition at Nebraska at the rate we are going. They will all accept mediocrity. What a shame!!