Regardless of what most of the armchair coaches say..

Besides those three straight passes on that drive in the 4th quarter it was a great game by Langsdorf. People complained about the pass to Westerkamp on that one 3rd down, but I thought that was a great play call. If he called a run on that 3rd down it'd be the same situation as last week, and you'd basically be handing the ball back to Minnesota. Hope to see this run/pass balance continue

Besides those three straight passes on that drive in the 4th quarter it was a great game by Langsdorf. People complained about the pass to Westerkamp on that one 3rd down, but I thought that was a great play call. If he called a run on that 3rd down it'd be the same situation as last week, and you'd basically be handing the ball back to Minnesota. Hope to see this run/pass balance continue

We needed what, 3 yards? He lobs it up for 15 on a low percentage completion catch. Thankfully he is clutch in those situations most weeks.

He did ok until the 4th. The series where Newby ran for a first and then they threw 3 straight passes was not good at all... then the wasted time-out... then of course the pass play to Westerkamp that he was VERY fortunate to catch. He did everything he could to allow the Gophers to get back in the game, but luckily our defense was stout, we got some lucky bounces, and the Minnesota coaches made some questionable decisions.

• Fire 2

We needed what, 3 yards? He lobs it up for 15 on a low percentage completion catch. Thankfully he is clutch in those situations most weeks.

3rd and 6

There were several periods in the game when playcalling was excellent! But there were a couple real bonehead series too. Almost had another case of saving the time for Minnesota. Three incompletes in the 4th when we could have run another couple minutes off. Yes, we needed a first down but throw complete passes (short ones please!) to work like the run plays.

That 99-yard drive was great! It had good rushing, passing, QB zone read, pass to the TE, Fullback... what more could anybody want?

Overall I thought the play-calling was a very good mix, and just as importantly the players were executing well. My biggest complaint was when it looked like we might do what we did last week and run up the gut 3-and-out with 6 minutes left. But then we completed a pass to Westy on 3rd down and moved the chains. But for a minute there I was having ominous feelings.

He did ok until the 4th. The series where Newby ran for a first and then they threw 3 straight passes was not good at all... then the wasted time-out... then of course the pass play to Westerkamp that he was VERY fortunate to catch. He did everything he could to allow the Gophers to get back in the game, but luckily our defense was stout, we got some lucky bounces, and the Minnesota coaches made some questionable decisions.

Agree. Riley almost let Minny back in the game. If we had let them get that on side kick, we likely lose the game in OT. Amazing. No reason we let them get so close. The game was a nail biter than ended with a large point margin but the game was about 'even'.

It was more than 3. Good play call.

If he is indeed clutch in those situations most weeks, then it's not a bad playcall. You call plays to your players strengths, including them being able to be clutch in those situations.