OG Will Farniok [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With Matt, the recruiting decision was not final until seven days before it was time to put pen to paper. With Will, it appears to be over almost 10 months in advance.

"I just always felt like I wanted to be loyal to Nebraska ... and I really just didn't want to have to worry about other schools," Will said. "I didn't want to lead any other schools on if I knew this is where my heart wants to go. And I don't want them to put time into something when I know I'm not going to go anywhere else."

Washington High School has been important to Nebraska football. It's also the school that produced former Husker safety Nate Gerry.

LJS

Typically, o-line film is pretty bland to watch. I am damn impressed with this kid. He has good speed and is always Hustling down field and hitting anyone and everyone in his way. I like this kid and surprised he is only 3 star.

I like him a lot, but his competition in SD right now is very poor.

Typically, o-line film is pretty bland to watch. I am damn impressed with this kid. He has good speed and is always Hustling down field and hitting anyone and everyone in his way. I like this kid and surprised he is only 3 star.

What does hustling to hit anyone and everyone have to do with poor competition. Also the talent pool in the Sioux Falls area actually is getting better and better. All 4 SF teams plus the likes of Brandon Valley Tea and Harrisburg are growing. SIoux Falls Washington will be king for the next two years as they return I believe 18 or 19 of their starters from last years championship team. They would give most Nebraska teams next year a run for their money. Unfortunately I coach on the other side of the state but get the "pleasure" of seeing SFW atleast once a year. BTW Gatorade Player of the Year was SFW RB.. He's a sophomore.

What does hustling to hit anyone and everyone have to do with poor competition. Also the talent pool in the Sioux Falls area actually is getting better and better. All 4 SF teams plus the likes of Brandon Valley Tea and Harrisburg are growing. SIoux Falls Washington will be king for the next two years as they return I believe 18 or 19 of their starters from last years championship team. They would give most Nebraska teams next year a run for their money. Unfortunately I coach on the other side of the state but get the "pleasure" of seeing SFW atleast once a year. BTW Gatorade Player of the Year was SFW RB.. He's a sophomore.

Giving Nebraska teams a run for their money isn't very confidence inducing.. still good to hear he's got a great motor though

I'm also from SD.... see my former name.

I have a hard time believing a team in SF would play their best lineman at C.

Matty you have been wrong on this thread before.. and you're wrong again. Sanford Health had put millions of dollars into athletics ( Avera did shortly after as well) These guys have professional trainers that they must use. The kids pay per month. Coaches have nothing to do with it other than see the attendance. Last 5 years kids in SF and the surrounding areas have gotten bigger, faster, and stronger.

Weird, I follow HS football too and notice talent is low as ever. I think you're confused because RC football is not good.

What was your former name Matty?

I will trust your assessment on S.D. talent, but if Sodak coaches he may know a little more about the talent aspect of SD. Of course coaching isn't everything, but I will say both of you have valid points. He says talent is getting better or is on the uptick, while you think it is not as good as he thinks it is. Both are fair points, but I would presume that the talent is getting better toward that area(SF) of SD because it is getting bigger if I am not mistaken.

Lets see how good Farniok will be when he gets to N, we could potentially see both Farnioks on the line at the same time during their Huskers careers and that would be cool to watch!

I'm also from SD.... see my former name.

I have a hard time believing a team in SF would play their best lineman at C.

Matty you have been wrong on this thread before.. and you're wrong again. Sanford Health had put millions of dollars into athletics ( Avera did shortly after as well) These guys have professional trainers that they must use. The kids pay per month. Coaches have nothing to do with it other than see the attendance. Last 5 years kids in SF and the surrounding areas have gotten bigger, faster, and stronger.
Yes, I was wrong about his position. I have never seen him play live, will openly admit that.

The talent isnt very good across the board. Are there other talented players on teams? Of course. They aren't all created equal or even close to it though.

Remember when Matt went and played in an All Star game? I'm pretty sure his first few days comments were all about his struggles and how he had never gone up against guys that were anything close to his all star opponents.

This argument is pointless, because neither of us have any proof or way to measure the talent is bad/good. But for anyone that wants to listen, the truth is that talent in SD football isn't that great. Basketball talent in SD is much higher.

Just because Sanford and Avera put money into sports performance programs, it doesn't automatically make anyone better. It creates opportunity though.

SD players signed with P5/FCS (with offers)

2018- Farniok only one so far

2017- 0/3 (only 1 from SF area though)

2016- 2/0 (Farniok and a guy from Huron went to Minnesota apparently?)

2015- 2/6 (4 from SF area)

2014- 0/1 (SF area)

Well there are the D1 prospects in the State. 5 P5 players in 5 years.... not great... and not better than Nebraska.

Weird, I follow HS football too and notice talent is low as ever. I think you're confused because RC football is not good.

What was your former name Matty?

I will trust your assessment on S.D. talent, but if Sodak coaches he may know a little more about the talent aspect of SD. Of course coaching isn't everything, but I will say both of you have valid points. He says talent is getting better or is on the uptick, while you think it is not as good as he thinks it is. Both are fair points, but I would presume that the talent is getting better toward that area(SF) of SD because it is getting bigger if I am not mistaken.

Lets see how good Farniok will be when he gets to N, we could potentially see both Farnioks on the line at the same time during their Huskers careers and that would be cool to watch!

Yes, the flaw is that he comes from the part of state where FB is getting worse and worse and possibly assumes that reason is because SF schools are getting better and better... not sure that's the case. The Rapid Schools typically get beat by ~45ish when they play the SF schools and that's been the case for years and years and years.

Food for thought... http://www.sdhsaa.com/Athletics/BoysSports/Football/Schedules11.aspx

There is the class that Farniok plays in.

Lincoln's coach resigned in middle of season. Which is who RC beat for first time in like 10+ years.

O'Gorman's coach also resigned last year, so this was new coaches first year. They were not very talented, and actually petition up a class each season. (They could play down with their enrollment numbers).

BV and Roosevelt were both fairly good teams. So basically, they had 2 teams to compete with. If you're watching film against one of those teams, he might have some decent competition...

• Mavric changed the title to OG Will Farniok [Nebraska - Signed LOI]