***Northwestern Game Thread***

Branno

Im thinking if Riley wants to keep his job, he needs to NOT keep his craptastic coaches. Langs gone, Banker gone, Stewart gone, ST coach gone.

Only way Riley is getting fired this year is if he robs a mini mart at gun point.

I already got video evidence of him doing just that. He also kicked puppies and kittens.

That a-hole! FIRE HIM NOW

This is definitely one of Armstrong's worst games. Terrible throwing and terrible decision making.

With that said, I still give him a break because it's very obvious in this game, as it has been every game this season, that Armstrong is not being used correctly at all. He is NOT a passing QB, and everyone except the people calling the plays knows this! Nobody is going to perform well at anything if they're being demanded to perform using their weaknesses instead of their strengths. We got a demonstration of what Armstrong's strengths were with the option TD, and yet the staff still refuses to use him appropriately in spite of obviously knowing what he's good at.

These kinds of small but baffling decisions don't give me confidence that this staff will ever accomplish anything of substance even with better players.

How many breaks does he get? Yes he's not used as he should be but his complete lack of common football sense as a QB should negate the way he's used. He's been in game situations for 2 years now and makes the same bone head mistakes week in and week out.

Im thinking if Riley wants to keep his job, he needs to NOT keep his craptastic coaches. Langs gone, Banker gone, Stewart gone, ST coach gone.

I'd first get rid of Stewart. I think Banker's system works, really. The front 7 are causing havoc. Back 4 simply can't finish the plays.

It's not all on Stewart. We run a quarters scheme where the DB's are expected to do a lot and have to trust one another or the scheme fails. The DB's are basically on an island to defend for themselves with no support. Stanford and Pitt HC Narduzzi run a better quarters coverage. With that scheme, you pretty much look to have 9 guys in the box and safeties playing 6-9 yards from the LOS to help in run support this results of course in giving up space to get beat deep.

I'd first get rid of Stewart. I think Banker's system works, really. The front 7 are causing havoc. Back 4 simply can't finish the plays.

I'd be good with trying that

This is definitely one of Armstrong's worst games. Terrible throwing and terrible decision making.

With that said, I still give him a break because it's very obvious in this game, as it has been every game this season, that Armstrong is not being used correctly at all. He is NOT a passing QB, and everyone except the people calling the plays knows this! Nobody is going to perform well at anything if they're being demanded to perform using their weaknesses instead of their strengths. We got a demonstration of what Armstrong's strengths were with the option TD, and yet the staff still refuses to use him appropriately in spite of obviously knowing what he's good at.

These kinds of small but baffling decisions don't give me confidence that this staff will ever accomplish anything of substance even with better players.

He has done just enough to prove people wrong that he is good enough to keep the job

Northwestern held Stanford to 85 yards rushing.

You guys don't understand that you have to attack weaknesses of defenses right? LOL why I even come here on gameday....i don't even know.

Thanks for that insight on the first game of the season.

..........You don't get the point..errrr?

You also have to play to your strengths and weaknesses. Tommy is not a guy you want to rely on slinging it around 50-60 times a game.

Exactly!