Will POB Start next season

Our defense is getting better each game, while the offense is getting worse, mostly due to Armstrong's inability to throw and make plays. He may have one good game (like at Minnesota), but he's not consistent enough to be the starting QB for NU. I'm wondering if Patrick O'Brien or another QB on the team may start next season despite Armstrong being a senior. I'm all for a change.

It will probably be best if POB redshirts next season and I would be surprised if anybody other than Armstrong takes snaps at QB unless an injury occurs.

As far as Armstrong being on the bench right now... there simply isn't another QB on the roster who's even close to being starting QB material.

I really dislike that notion. I know players practice and all but how do you know a player is not game ready unless you give them a shot? Many players throughout history have come off the bench and jumped into the spotlight. You really don't know how good someone is until you put them in a live game. See 2007 when Sam Keller went down, Joey Ganz came in and became a very, very good QB and people constantly kept saying we had no one behind Keller that could be a solid QB.

• Fire 1

It will probably be best if POB redshirts next season and I would be surprised if anybody other than Armstrong takes snaps at QB unless an injury occurs.

As far as Armstrong being on the bench right now... there simply isn't another QB on the roster who's even close to being starting QB material.

I really dislike that notion. I know players practice and all but how do you know a player is not game ready unless you give them a shot? Many players throughout history have come off the bench and jumped into the spotlight. You really don't know how good someone is until you put them in a live game. See 2007 when Sam Keller went down, Joey Ganz came in and became a very, very good QB and people constantly kept saying we had no one behind Keller that could be a solid QB.

I heard AJ Bush was good

I heard AJ Bush was good

I COMPLETELY forgot he was even on the team