Can you fire a coach after 1 year?

let's talk for a moment on how Riley will react to his first year here........i am not sure where, if any, pressure he will feel the need to make changes at the end of the year.

i am tired of the bullsh#t excuse of every coach needing 2-4 years to play all his own recruits.....we weren't looking for perfection, but the COACHING AND PLAY CALLING are the problem here, right now.

if he doesn't fire some of his assistants (secondary coach and maybe WR) then that tells me he feels no pressure to improve this team...

and Langs, our hot shot QB coach, i really don't get Langs........how is it he can't get Tommie to step into his throws?? you tell him, "the next throw you make off your back foot, your ass rides the pine". this kid does not step up into the pocket to make his throws, he drops back and backs up even more under pressure, or rolls back to escape pressure, he is always moving backwards before the throw, unless he happens to be calling a roll out, moving parallel with the line......this needs fixed, badly.

i think these kids are just poorly coached, but they have a .500 guy that coach's to his record.......so why the hell did we hire him??

• Fire 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRMx82DYjhQ

This is who we need.

For those who arent familiar he starts off soft spoken gives them a pep talk then ask them to take the field they say no... Then he flips his stuff.

Seems Bo was always flipped out. Seems MR is the first part. Now if we could only have Billy Bob Thorton here...

June 30, 2016....mark that date down when Perlman finally retires. I'm not sure who his replacement will be, but one would hope he won't take long to get rid of Eichorst and start making the right moves.

Is a new chancellor's first priority really going to be to fire/hire a new AD and football coach? ​

June 30, 2016....mark that date down when Perlman finally retires. I'm not sure who his replacement will be, but one would hope he won't take long to get rid of Eichorst and start making the right moves.

Is a new chancellor's first priority really going to be to fire/hire a new AD and football coach? ​

No!

I too do not understand this 2-4 years argument.

With Riley being 62 and all his coaching experience it wasn't suppose to be a total rebuild....He was suppose to come in and take a 9 win program and start showing progress from it. Instead he has us on the fast track to a 9 loss season.

For being such a nice guy, I find it a bit rude he is just collecting his paycheck at this point.

• Fire 2

No!

Not saying it would happen on July 1, or before the 2016 season, but I think if the new chancellor understand the importance of football to the entire University of Nebraska (not just the athletic dept), he (or she) will have a plan in place for a replacement if 2016 execution looks just as pathetic as it has for 2015.

No!

don't be so sure, their will be boosters and big money guys making appointments to see the new boss.......if not, there are many ways these guys can apply pressure, the last thing a new Chancellor wants is an uprising or an AD on the run and a phone that never stops ringing.

I wish our boosters would start being active...I remember boosters being very aggressive back in 2006-2007 with Callahan...Right now they seem very quiet.

Nothing happens until the big money starts getting disgruntled.

it will happen behind the scenes, if there is pressure, we will never know who, what, when or where....we are purely speculating, i have no idea how this works.......or if it does.

I too do not understand this 2-4 years argument.

With Riley being 62 and all his coaching experience it wasn't suppose to be a total rebuild....He was suppose to come in and take a 9 win program and start showing progress from it. Instead he has us on the fast track to a 9 loss season.

For being such a nice guy, I find it a bit rude he is just collecting his paycheck at this point.

The argument for giving him 2-4 years is, after we fired solich HC did not want to touch NU with a ten foot pole due to just firing a 9 win coach. These HC are people. They move they buy a house sell there own one have familys that have to change schools etc. I remember Ferentz was asked by an Iowa reporter after Solich was fired if he was in talks for the NU job, he has like 9 or 10 wins that season, he said absoloutely not I am a hero here in Iowa with 9+ wins and at Nebraska they fire a guy who played for a NC and had 9 wins...

So we have to show the HC that we are willing to be reasnoble and that Bo was really just a personality problem with the AD... I garuntee however Bo has poisoned the well as much as he could when fired telling everyone to not come here etc...

As to Riley we need to show HC that we will give them a few years to build a system and impliment there players.

However I am not of this school of thought. I am of the f#*k it fire him now. And get div 2 up and comer or a OC or DC that would be first gig.

Thats just me tho.

• Fire 1