Can you fire a coach after 1 year?

I know many wanted Tressel last time and maybe hope he will be in the mix if and when Riley is fired, but I don't want an old recycled coach.

Here's a tweet from Joel Klatt that was posted earlier this evening...

@joelklatt: With all of the vacant coaching positions in CFB I am sure that Scott Frost will start getting some run...He is a great young coach.

Just heard a discussion on Sirius College Sports Radio about the Miami job. The question was "can Miami return to what they once were..." The response was that as long as the U is in the 305 area code, such a fertile recruiting area, yes. That is our problem. It isn't necessarily the coach, but the system. We need someone who understands where we are and where we can recruit. Period. Maybe riley can, we just don't know yet. Maybe he can't.

Just saying that the choices are limited on who will and would come here. People, the money isn't there or the coaching isn't there to be hired. WE are now on our 4th head man since Ozzy, and I don't see the names being mentioned for this job, never once. Again, if someone wants this job, they will get the word out, and that isn't happening. Like I said, no fan of Bieliema either, but of all the names and supposed who we think would be greats, he might be the one who can do things on a short term notice that others can't or haven't done here since 99'.

Just don't see where everyone gets the idea that money will bring in that guy either. Sure we could get a big name, but whose to say that won't be someone just for a paycheck as well. Coaching here is like coaching a franchise, either all in or dont bother showing up.

4th head coach in 18 years, and still 3 different times this job hasn't produced even a rumor of a big name, not even a rumor of it.

If everyone is so sure of the ability to hire a Saban like coach, where is it? Pelini was hired because of who he was in the beginning. A fiery in your face coach who didn't take anyones crap. Same guy that 7 years later the same people got bored of this raging demeanor. Maybe then if we would have done an official coaching search and really looked for a "football coach", we would have gotten one then. So many mistakes have been made in all the searches to this point.

There were definitely rumors of Tressel before Riley was hired. Not sure where you were, but he was definitely mentioned. Instead we have chosen to take the economical route, and it's not working out.

all our AD's have done it backwards, can't wait to fire the old coach and then scramble to find his replacement. then we end up with sh#t.

NOTE Regarding this thread:

We just hired a coach 10 months ago. Regardless of what some fans think, we are not going to fire him. This year anyway. Speculation to that effect is just an exercise in rumor mongering. So I moved this thread to Rumorville. Carry on.

• Fire 1

The Tressel rumor was only in Lincoln, sorry. That one was never even mentioned on the national scene. Never.

Not true. Numerous nationally-recognized sports outlets reported it. Heck, he was even a leading contender on bovada. All you have to do is a perform a Google search and you'll find plenty.

• Fire 1

We just hired a coach 10 months ago. Regardless of what some fans think, we are not going to fire him. This year anyway. Speculation to that effect is just an exercise in rumor mongering. So I moved this thread to Rumorville. Carry on.

While it might not be likely how would you know this for certain?

While it might not be likely how would you know this for certain?

Nobody knows that for certain either. All the more reason for this thread to be in Rumorville.