Trivia Tuesday.

Where the eff is Ord? I've heard of it, just no clue where it is.

Kinda right in the middle of the state close to Calamus. It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from there.

Close to Calamus? You just said it was near a town I have never heard of.

Alright Captain Technical. Calamus Reservoir is near it.

We beat the hell out of Ord for homecoming one year. Have no idea what a chanticleer even is. But I think it has something to do with birds. Cheerleaders put together this huge massive red chicken out of paper mache or whatever and someone got to drive through it with a truck. That was pretty neat.

Chanticleer is a rooster that leaves home to become a rock and roll legend, only to realize that he belonged back on the farm.

SWAG:

1.) Since 2000 (including that season), how many wins does NU have through the Northwestern game? (2 pts) - 123 - 0 points

2.) In that same time frame, of all 65 CURRENT Power 5 programs, where does that number rank NU? (5 pts) - 10th - 0 points

3.) Who is the top 10 in wins in that time frame of the 65 CURRENT Power 5 programs? (2 pts each) - Texas, USC, Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, Oregon, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Nebraska, TCU - 14 points

4.) There are 5 programs who have yet to eclipse the 75 win mark in that time period, who are they? (2 pts each) - Syracuse, Purdue, Washington State, Colorado, Wake Forest - 0 points

5.) Which program is in first place with 167 wins? (2 pts) - Alabama - 0 points

6.) Which program is in last place with 56 wins? (2 pts) - Colorado - 0 points

7.) Which conference has the most programs UNDER 100 wins? (5 pts) - ACC - 0 points

8.) There is 1 program who has eclipsed their 100th win during this season, it occurred last week, who was it? (10 pts) - Indiana - 0 points

9.) Which conference has the most programs OVER 100 wins? (5 pts) - SEC - Trick question. I'm giving myself 5 points

10.) BONUS: How many schools in the nation (high school and college) have the mascot "CHANTICLEERS" and who are those schools? (5 pts) - Ord - 0 points

Ouch. Only scored points on two questions. Not to shabby on the best programs. Sucked at the rest of the questions.

Where the eff is Ord? I've heard of it, just no clue where it is.

Ord is 63 miles North of Grand Island. About 72 miles North of Kearney.

Being from there I obviously think it is the "jewel" of Nebraska. Scratchtown Brewing Company just got awarded for best beer in Nebraska with their "Sandhills Gold"

We beat the hell out of Ord for homecoming one year. Have no idea what a chanticleer even is. But I think it has something to do with birds. Cheerleaders put together this huge massive red chicken out of paper mache or whatever and someone got to drive through it with a truck. That was pretty neat.

It's essentially a gamecock. Interesting thing about Coastal Carolina and Ord's mascot is that CC pronounces it as "SHANTicleer" and Ord is "CHANTicleer"

Thanks for telling me where Ord is in relation to Nebraska towns I know where they are.

Yes, I'm the typical Omahan who doesn't know where any Nebraska city other than Omaha or Lincoln is. Growing up, I also knew where Friend was, as my dad was from there. I married a girl from Hastings, so I know that area pretty well now. I have also gotten to know where the small towns along I-80 in central/western Nebraska are as I drive when I make the drive from Colorado.

Thanks for telling me where Ord is in relation to Nebraska towns I know where they are.

Yes, I'm the typical Omahan who doesn't know where any Nebraska city other than Omaha or Lincoln is. Growing up, I also knew where Friend was, as my dad was from there. I married a girl from Hastings, so I know that area pretty well now. I have also gotten to know where the small towns along I-80 in central/western Nebraska are as I drive when I make the drive from Colorado.

Oh sorry I misunderstood. Well just like the other posts above said it's about 60 miles north of Grand Island. Right in the middle of the state pretty much.

I didn't know this till 5 mins ago but I guess Rutgers used to be the Chanticleers before they changed to the scarlet knights

What is a chanticleer? Mr. Google informed me:

chan·ti·cleer
ˈCHantəˌkli(ə)r,ˈSHant-/
noun
literary
plural noun: chanticleers
  1. a name given to a rooster, especially in fairy tales.

I didn't know this till 5 mins ago but I guess Rutgers used to be the Chanticleers before they changed to the scarlet knights

chan·ti·cleer
ˈCHantəˌkli(ə)r,ˈSHant-/
noun
literary
  1. a name given to a rooster, especially in fairy tales.

WHY WOULDN'T THEY JUST GO BY "C OC KS" ??

chan·ti·cleer

ˈCHantəˌkli(ə)r,ˈSHant-/

noun

literary

•  

a name given to a rooster, especially in fairy tales.

WHY WOULDN'T THEY JUST GO BY "C OC KS" ??

Because the shirts that say "I <3 c&#036;%ks" is only for baseball and for a team in South Carolina.