Tommy didn't travel with the team

Heard hes looking to transfer to get out of this shitshow of a program.

Really hard to sift through "tongue-in-cheek" and "thoughtless" comments here anymore...

Hopefully this was the former.

It was. Should have put sarcasm emoji but cant do it on my phone.
  • Fire 1

There's another side to this, that I didn't see in the thread, but may have missed.

Travelling and being present, or even in the press box, would have been a great learning opportunity for Armstrong. It's beneficial to take "mental reps" with the OC/HC on the headset. Provides insight into how and why your coaches are making calls. Helps a lot when you do return.

It's puzzling they wouldn't bring their captain along.

Has anybody heard a reason as to why Tommy did not go with his team?

Big 10 travelling limits per Riley. Needed to take Darlington for a 3rd qb so didnt have room in the 70 for him.

Should've just kept all the backup offensive linemen back home. Lord knows with Cavanaugh's strategy none of them are going to sniff the field

• Fire 1

Riley didn't want to count Tommy as part of the travel roster, and didn't ask the Big Ten for a waiver to bring him along as an injured player.

It only makes sense that Tommy wouldn't have taken a spot of one of the 16 players who traveled and didn't play.

they cleared it up on 1620. He woulda counted towards the 70 limit, unless they get a waiver. they chose not to pursue the waiver. They needed all 70 in uniform. Do with it what you will.

Riley didn't want to count Tommy as part of the travel roster, and didn't ask the Big Ten for a waiver to bring him along as an injured player.

probably because riley doesn't believe in his leadership. if you go by body language and some other tells, some of the motivation issues on the team are aided and abetted by the starting qb. that's just a total guess from me though.

Non issue, as far as I am concerned. Nebraska laid out somewhere near $4 million for coaches there to provide support and advice for Fyfe, so they should be able to cover that and not have to rely on Armstrong.

Let someone else go to the game who wouldn't normally go and don't make Armstrong get his foot in a boot bashed /stepped on / tripped over twelve dozen times on the plane and in the terminals and on the bus and off the bus and so on and so forth.

I support the staff, but having your team captain with you if he can be would seem to be the right answer. Possibly though his injury would put him in danger of further aggravation. It may be wanting him to be ready this weekend. Most felt Purdue would be an easy win.

I would have preferred to see him on the side lines though.