McKewon: Why Huskers Can't or Won't Run the Ball

So Cav obviously thinks the likes of farrmer and foster can't move a guy at least a yard and a half past the LOS. Cause he says this is his best line and they can't get any movement forward at all unless they leave a guyto go miss a block on the second level. Seriously look at the provided screen shots and look at how piss poor the oline push is. Its a joke. Let the backups play

They can't pass block (supposedly).

I know that and it's bull sh#t. Obviously Sterup is the model for pass protection then

Everything is eerily similar to the Callahan era. The mistakes, the losses, the high pass attempts, lack of a running game. The loss today I consider a blowout even though we managed to get garbage points late in the game very similar to '07 USC game where we lost 49-31 but everyone saw how bad Nebraska got beat and the score didn't indicate that at all. We're in for a wild one, that's for sure. We have fired two guys in the past 12 years who both finished 9-3 and traded it for a guy and his staff for a possible 3-9 outcome... It's a nightmare.

Perlman at the helm. Check.

Henchman brought in to fire 9 win coach. Check.

Mind boggling coaching search. Check.

Hired a coach with a lifetime .500 record. Check.

Inept buddy hire to run the defense. Check.

Forcing an NFL system on players not built for it. Check.

Starting a promising dual threat QB who was built for the prior offense and turning him into a scapegoat. Check.

With starting QB out, throw a backup to the wolves. Check.

Can't get a come from behind win (Callahan 0-17, Riley 0-5 when trailing at half). Check.

Lots of long time historic streaks broken. Check.

Did I miss anything?

• Fire 3

Mav, you don't have to do this. We are way past this unfortunately. Love the effort and work you do on breaking down these plays.

Take a knee Captain. It's not needed.

Thanks. But I think it is.

Both Shatel and McKewon are saying we're better when we pass it. Which is technically true - or was if you don't include 4-5 turnovers. And there are plenty on here trashing on the offensive line. But they're all ignoring the TYPE of running plays we're calling. So I think it's instructive, even if no one listens.

• Fire 3

This staff has repeatedly said they aren't going to re-invent the wheel. I say they won't re-invent themselves. We hired a WCO coach that favors slinging the ball around regardless of weather conditions. Fans scream at the staff to run the ball more but you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Stadium half full for Iowa game. Half of the fans would rather eat turkey than watch one.

Everything is eerily similar to the Callahan era. The mistakes, the losses, the high pass attempts, lack of a running game. The loss today I consider a blowout even though we managed to get garbage points late in the game very similar to '07 USC game where we lost 49-31 but everyone saw how bad Nebraska got beat and the score didn't indicate that at all. We're in for a wild one, that's for sure. We have fired two guys in the past 12 years who both finished 9-3 and traded it for a guy and his staff for a possible 3-9 outcome... It's a nightmare.

Starting a promising dual threat QB who was built for the prior offense and turning him into a scapegoat. Check.

Can't get a come from behind win (Callahan 0-17, Riley 0-5 when trailing at half). Check.

Did I miss anything?

Stadium half full for Iowa game. Half of the fans would rather eat turkey than watch one.

Did I miss anything?

I am sure you missed about 1,000 things. Pearlman is the one constant on this. This guy is lower than a child molester imho

Adam Carriker:

One thing I don’t understand, is if you’re playing with your back up quarterback who is making his first start, against the the 99th ranked rush defense in the nation (almost 200 yards a game) and the the worst rush defense in the Big 10, a team who gives up 2.8 yards after first contact (worst among all power 5 conference teams), why you would throw the ball almost 50 times? One can argue that we were playing from behind most of the game. My response would be, if we had ran the ball and actually ran it effectively (especially early on), we not only would have had less turnovers, but more of our drives would have resulted in scores. We had just 97 rush yards on 20 carries and only 22 rush yards in the second half. Our inability to find a stable running game with consistent running backs and offensive line play, has lead to a lack of balance on offense. This needs to be addressed.

As for talented rb's coming here, the will come because part of playing rb in the NFL is catching passes out of the backfield. We haven't been getting 4 and 5 star running backs since Ahman or LP regardless of that notion. Marlon Lucky was a 5 star from LA, who didn't even get offers from UCLA or USC........never have understood that ranking?

As for talented rb's coming here, the will come because part of playing rb in the NFL is catching passes out of the backfield. We haven't been getting 4 and 5 star running backs since Ahman or LP regardless of that notion. Marlon Lucky was a 5 star from LA, who didn't even get offers from UCLA or USC........never have understood that ranking?

Except for the fact that Newby, A. Taylor, J. Stevenson, Wilbon, Cross, A. Green, Abdullah and B. Heard have all been rated as high as 4 stars....and that's just since 2010

• Fire 3

Teams play more man coverage on first down, than say third and long. Tommy is just not a very accurate quarterback and having him throw something like an 8 yard curl to the wide side, a pretty effective call in that situation, is just not a throw he makes well. A lot of the man coverage routes he throws well, like a shallow cross, aren't run as much on first down.