I know Wisconsin boosters were talking about getting rid of that Utah st. coach early last fall. Guess you can get rid of a first year coach.

Andersen spent 2 years there, and walked on his own.

Why would he do that? His excuse made no sense. I sure he was forced out.

He said it was because of Wisconsin's admissions standards. Oregon St had to buyout his contract for $3M. If he was forced out he should've been able to negotiate that away.

Why he left:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/24982746/wisconsins-admission-standards-pushed-gary-andersen-to-oregon-state

His Oregon State contract with the buyout from Wisky: http://www.sltrib.com/blogs/2395428-155/oregon-states-gary-andersen-signed-his

Makes a hell of a lot more sense than 18 months.

First coach in history to QUIT because of admission standards then. Who got the good deal I'd say Wisconsin. Im just telling you that I was told by a booster at Wisky that they wanted him out and just like that he is quitting.

I agree 18 months doesn't add up except it's right around the HP time.

At first I thought maybe MR was like a place holder until the guy became available...I just don't know.

Your golf buddies are telling stories about how they fed you some ridiculous made up thing and you bought it

Like the time that the former QB from Iowa saw BP have a heart attack at the game and he called Mary Pat and she ran down to the sidelines and made him leave the game and BP got pissed at him funny story indeed.

First coach in history to QUIT because of admission standards then.

I mean, Bielema also left Wisconsin for a lateral at best job. They've had two in a row do it now, and they've had a ton of criticism about how their school runs things. Andersen has always been a west coast guy anyways. Your booster friend sounds like he has an incredibly bloated sense of self-importance.

• Fire 1

I mean, Bielema also left Wisconsin for a lateral at best job. They've had two in a row do it now, and they've had a ton of criticism about how their school runs things. Andersen has always been a west coast guy anyways. Your booster friend sounds like he has an incredibly bloated sense of self-importance.

He is a good guy and has been very successful in business.... yes he dose have a big ego. He mentioned that Andersons style of offense would never work at Wisconsin and that was the real issue not admissions.

He is a good guy and has been very successful in business.... yes he dose have a big ego. He mentioned that Andersons style of offense would never work at Wisconsin and that was the real issue not admissions.

Anderson ran the same offense that Bielema did.

I don't know much else just found their answers strange and still do. Your right it mid year makes no sense. It is when HP leaves though.

I know Bret Bielema was an embarrassment publicly to Wisconsin.

I know Wisconsin boosters were talking about getting rid of that Utah st. coach early last fall. Guess you can get rid of a first year coach.

I know that BP blamed his players lack of talent as the reason for the blowout loss in the big ten championship.

Pretty sure those Wisconsin coaches left on their own. I love Alvarez but it sounds like he's not a joy to work with. I don't think Wisconsin pays very well either.

Bielema was known to pass out at booster and recruit parties on the bar no less. He will not be missed.

I'm sure Alverez could make a coach quit or leave...cheaper way to handle things.

I don't think it is all that far fetched to think that a booster may have a lot of influence in the hiring and firing of coaches. I am sure there are boosters that will say a lot in public. Most the time those are guys that think they have a little more power and say in things than they actually do. But they also may be privy to things in the AD department. I doubt that Alverez out an out said you need to find a new job to Anderson. but, with that said there are things that can be done to make things uncomfortable for someone to the point that they may seek out another job.

Gary Anderson was a poor fit culturally with the drinking/party atmosphere of the state of Wisconsin. I am fairly certain he is a Mormon. Bielema was actually a better fit, but he may have took things a little to far on the party end of things. It is a fine line.

Alvarez is a king in charge of his kingdom. IMO if Avarez could just stand on the sidelines and be the HC on Saturday he would still love to do that. He just didn't want to do the day to day grind anymore. He has had success with the formula he created and he wants someone that is going to follow the script. Chryst follows the script. Anderson didn't really follow the script if you think about it. He wanted to move more towards a spread zone read type offense. Why do you think Tanner McEvoy was the starting QB last year? He was the mobile ZR running QB that Anderson wanted. Alvarez is probably the most hands on AD I have ever seen with regards to a school FB program.

Was Anderson maybe made not to feel as welcome as he could of been, that is definitely possible.

Boosters are not happy, that much I know for sure. I actually wouldn't be surprised by the 18 months thing. Heard from someone this week that knows some fairly important people at the university, the plan is to bring in a new Chancellor, with item number 1 on the agenda being firing S.E. and hiring a new coach FWIW.

I want Riley gone as much as the next guy, but firing him in May or whenever the new Chancellor gets hired is an awful move. Spring practices would be over by then. At that point in time might as well finish one more useless season with the guy. And that sucks.

Just fire him after the iowa game, let us go coachless for 4 months, who cares.

Just fire him after the iowa game, let us go coachless for 4 months, who cares.

Who is going to fire HP now...he won't get let go at this point. HP won't fire SE and SE won't fire MR. So nothing can happen until then I'm afraid.

Maybe spring is better saves the recruiting class and gives new coach the summer and fall to build the next class.