Eichorst says contract extension is premature/irrelevant

I would prefer the incoming chancellor deal with SE's extension. I also hope the next chancellor gives a rat's @ss about football.

The chancellor doesn't need to give a rat's ass about football if he has a trusted AD. Football, and athletics, are not the most important thing for the University.

They're one of the most important things... $
They provide $ for the athletic department and the city of Lincoln. Nothing more. Research and education are more important. It's for the AD to make sure things stay on track.

Perlman has done well at the things he needed to do well at.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/2015/eichorst-says-possible-contract-extension-is-premature-irrelevant/article_30c87d46-9262-589e-8aff-343fc880393b.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Nebraska athletic director Shawn Eichorst said he’s respectfully asked Chancellor Harvey Perlman to cease discussing the contract of the athletic director or any possible extensions.

It’s not the time or place,” Eichorst said. “The focus needs to be on our kids, on our coaches, on our staff and on our fan base, and I’m 100 percent committed to that. I’m good with where I’m at from an employment perspective, because I know we’re doing great things in the organization.

Eichorst earned a little respect from me after this article. Glad he told Perlman to pipe down

Actually there is a fairly solid rumor that this was all hatched beforehand ................in order to give Eichorst an opportunity to show the fans he is thoughtful and decent...............and put the onus back on Perlman as the "bad" guy since he is gone in June anyway. A parting gift from the chancellor.

Take it for what it's worth, but it's "out there" from a pretty elevated source.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/2015/eichorst-says-possible-contract-extension-is-premature-irrelevant/article_30c87d46-9262-589e-8aff-343fc880393b.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Nebraska athletic director Shawn Eichorst said he’s respectfully asked Chancellor Harvey Perlman to cease discussing the contract of the athletic director or any possible extensions.

It’s not the time or place,” Eichorst said. “The focus needs to be on our kids, on our coaches, on our staff and on our fan base, and I’m 100 percent committed to that. I’m good with where I’m at from an employment perspective, because I know we’re doing great things in the organization.

Eichorst earned a little respect from me after this article. Glad he told Perlman to pipe down

Actually there is a fairly solid rumor that this was all hatched beforehand ................in order to give Eichorst an opportunity to show the fans he is thoughtful and decent...............and put the onus back on Perlman as the "bad" guy since he is gone in June anyway. A parting gift from the chancellor.

Take it for what it's worth, but it's "out there" from a pretty elevated source.

Holy cow, our administration may have more conspiracies than Area 51

• Fire 1

How does one judge the solidity of a rumor? Just curious

Nebraska athletic director Shawn Eichorst said hes respectfully asked Chancellor Harvey Perlman to cease discussing the contract of the athletic director or any possible extensions.

Its not the time or place, Eichorst said. The focus needs to be on our kids, on our coaches, on our staff and on our fan base, and Im 100 percent committed to that. Im good with where Im at from an employment perspective, because I know were doing great things in the organization.

How does one judge the solidity of a rumor?

I respect that a lot.

I believe him when he said that he was undecided about firing Bo up until the last minute and therefore do not think he was out to get or sabotage Bo or was hired to be the hatchetman.

Then why was he not giving interviews and hanging out in locker rooms after wins before?

Maybe he took Bo's lesson to heart.

Maybe he only celebrates winning games against ranked opponents?

Nebraska athletic director Shawn Eichorst said hes respectfully asked Chancellor Harvey Perlman to cease discussing the contract of the athletic director or any possible extensions.

Its not the time or place, Eichorst said. The focus needs to be on our kids, on our coaches, on our staff and on our fan base, and Im 100 percent committed to that. Im good with where Im at from an employment perspective, because I know were doing great things in the organization.

measure it's density by submerging it in water?

• Fire 1

Solid reasoning

I respect that a lot.

I believe him when he said that he was undecided about firing Bo up until the last minute and therefore do not think he was out to get or sabotage Bo or was hired to be the hatchetman.

He also said he fired Bo for not winning the games that mattered. Did you believe him then? Do you believe him now?

I believe at the time not winning the games that mattered was the least harsh reason to give and matched a lot of fans feelings. I also believe that he would get rid of Riley if after a reasonable amount of time it looks like Riley isn't going to improve on what Bo was able to accomplish or does worse. It could be that Eichorst's thinking when he hired Riley was that if it doesn't work out he could ask Riley to retire and we don't look bad firing yet another coach.

I don't know whether there was an agreement to make Eichorst look good by Perlman bringing up an extension for SE to push aside but given the massive "F YOU" reaction to the extension talk SE did the only thing he could do. It would be a PR disaster for SE to do anything else.

I respect that a lot.

Then why was he not giving interviews and hanging out in locker rooms after wins before?

Maybe he took Bo's lesson to heart.

Or maybe it actually went more like this....

Eichorst: "Bo, I'd like to come by practice sometime. Check things out and see how the kids are doin. You ok with that?"

Bo: "f#*k you f'ing c**t. Who you think you are? Coach Osborne? Why dont you and that pu&&y Perlman just kiss my ass all the way to Mcdonalds"

When you give me legit reason to fully believe it DIDNT go down like this, I'll stop.

• Fire 5

I thought that's how you determined if someone is a witch...

The_Smoking_Man_(X-Files).jpg

Is this the "elevated source" you were referring to?

Wait, are they talking about another extension for Pelini?

Well, the burgers aren't going to cook themselves.