Bowl Projections 11/09/2015 (Now with Nebraska!)

I firmly believe 5-7 teams shouldn't make bowl games. If I had ut my way I would cut the bowls doen to around 30 and make 7-5 the minimum to get one.

The bowl system is so watered down and corrupt, I have a hard time supporting a 5-7 team getting in over a deseriving group of 5 team with a better record, even if the 5-7 team is Nebraska.

Okay, rant over.

If we finish 5-7 and make a bowl, great. These upperclassmen deserve to play one more time, we all want that. I hope it' ends up being a good matchup and something we can use as a springboard into 2016.

You should actually understand the bowl rules and under what circumstances a 5-7 team would make it before going on a hissy fit.
You should probably understand my post before calling me out.

Yes, the chances of Nebraska making a bowl at 5-7 are slim, I understand how the bowl system works.

No you don't.

I have a hard time supporting a 5-7 team getting in over a deseriving group of 5 team with a better record, even if the 5-7 team is Nebraska.

Can't happen.

I firmly believe 5-7 teams shouldn't make bowl games. If I had ut my way I would cut the bowls doen to around 30 and make 7-5 the minimum to get one.

The bowl system is so watered down and corrupt, I have a hard time supporting a 5-7 team getting in over a deseriving group of 5 team with a better record, even if the 5-7 team is Nebraska.

Okay, rant over.

If we finish 5-7 and make a bowl, great. These upperclassmen deserve to play one more time, we all want that. I hope it' ends up being a good matchup and something we can use as a springboard into 2016.

You should actually understand the bowl rules and under what circumstances a 5-7 team would make it before going on a hissy fit.

Yes, the chances of Nebraska making a bowl at 5-7 are slim, I understand how the bowl system works.

No you don't.

I have a hard time supporting a 5-7 team getting in over a deseriving group of 5 team with a better record, even if the 5-7 team is Nebraska.

Can't happen.

Lol maybe you should check your facts brah. Since there are so many bowls now, 5-7 teams can qualify if there aren't enough 6-6 teams to fill the spots. I'll wait here while you run away from this argument.

Okay, rant over.

No you don't.

Can't happen.

Lol maybe you should check your facts brah. Since there are so many bowls now, 5-7 teams can qualify if there aren't enough 6-6 teams to fill the spots. I'll wait here while you run away from this argument.

Actually, I'll just do it for you. This is from wikipedia, but I'm sure it can be found on other places as well.

On August 2, 2012, the NCAA Division I Board of Directors approved a significant change to the process to determine bowl eligible teams, going so far as to potentially allow 5-7 teams to go to a bowl, in case there were not enough regular bowl-eligible teams to fill every game. If a bowl has one or more conferences/teams unable to meet their contractual commitments and there are no available bowl-eligible teams, the open spots can be filled – by the particular bowl's sponsoring agencies – as follows:[10]

Teams finishing 6-6 with one win against a team from the lower Football Championship Subdivision (FCS), regardless of whether that FCS school meets NCAA scholarship requirements. Until now, an FCS win counted only if that opponent met the scholarship requirements—specifically, that school had to award at least 90% of the FCS maximum of 63 scholarship equivalents over a two-year period. In the 2012 season, programs in four FCS conferences cannot meet the 90% requirement (56.7 equivalents)—the Ivy League, which prohibits all athletic scholarships; the Patriot League and Pioneer Football League, which do not currently award football scholarships; and the Northeast Conference, which limits football scholarships to 38 equivalents.6-6 teams with two wins over FCS schools.Teams that finish 6-7 with loss number seven in their conference championship game (that has been eliminated by the conference championship waiver rule).6-7 teams that normally play a 13-team schedule, such as Hawaii's home opponents. Although Hawaii normally plays a 13-game schedule, it only played 12 games this seasonFCS teams who are in the final year of the two-year FBS transition process, if they have at least a 6-6 record.Finally, 5-7 teams that have a top-5 Academic Progress Rate (APR) score. This was later adjusted to allow other 5-7 teams to be selected thereafter—in order of their APR.

Okay, rant over.

No you don't.

Can't happen.

And how is that getting in over a team with a better record?

• Fire 1

Okay, rant over.

No you don't.

Can't happen.

Like I said, the bowl system is a corrupt system. Nebraska puts more bodies in a stadium than a Florida International. Loopholes are made, people get paid.

Okay, rant over.

No you don't.

Can't happen.

Like I said, the bowl system is a corrupt system. Nebraska puts more bodies in a stadium than a Florida International. Loopholes are made, people get paid.

So you make an incorrect statement, tell me to check my facts, post something that supports my facts and proves that you are wrong, and then tell me that they will use a loophole that's never been done before to get us in a bowl. You got me there, brah. Can't argue against stupid.

• Fire 2

Okay, rant over.

No you don't.

Can't happen.

So you make an incorrect statement, tell me to check my facts, post something that supports my facts and proves that you are wrong, and then tell me that they will use a loophole that's never been done before to get us in a bowl. You got me there, brah. Can't argue against stupid.

My original statement was me saying I would not be in support of that scenario. Then you decided I was the one who peed in your corn flakes.

I'm not going to entertain your pissy attitude. You wanna talk about bowls without a chip on your shoulder, come talk to me. You wanna call me stupid, save it for another thread.

5-7 teams that make bowls are determined off of the NCAA's Academic Progress Rate (APR) and are not chosen based off "name schools". It's even mentioned in Rudux's post above:

Finally, 5-7 teams that have a top-5 Academic Progress Rate (APR) score. This was later adjusted to allow other 5-7 teams to be selected thereafter—in order of their APR.

Nebraska is tied for the 6th highest APR for DI-A football teams. So kudos the to (former) players for hitting the books, and the administration and former staff for emphasizing it.

1 - Wisconsin 998

2 - Northwestern 992

3 - Duke 992

4 - Michigan 990

5 - Stanford 987

T6 - Nebraska 985

T6 - Utah St 985 (currently 5-4, need 1 more win to be bowl eligible)

8 - Clemson 984

9 - Vanderbilt 983

T10 - Army 981

T10 - Bosie St 981

My opinion - the best overall game NU played this year was against Minn. The very next wk NU looked bad against NW and lost. I hope and pray that we don't repeat this let down against Rutgers. We all want a bowl game because of the extra practice sessions, but that all goes down the drain if we implode against Rutgers. ONE GAME AT A TIME!