Tangent Thread - December 2015 Edition

Mavric

The culture change will be finalized when the current players that do not fit or do not buy in are flushed from the program. Can't happen soon enough, so we can move on with fixing the program.

And the last shreds of winning are finally eliminated...

Mediocrity was flushed with the firing of the last coach, getting rid of the dead weight he recruited is only the next step to restoring the order.

Radar do you really believe that pie in the sky bulls$#t you spew? Or are you paid by someone to come on here and reel off this crap when most every sign points the opposite way!!!!! I mean seriously wtf

I am right 99.35% of the time. Its been calculated!

The culture change will be finalized when the current players that do not fit or do not buy in are flushed from the program. Can't happen soon enough, so we can move on with fixing the program.

Mediocrity was flushed with the firing of the last coach, getting rid of the dead weight he recruited is only the next step to restoring the order.

Radar do you really believe that pie in the sky bulls$#t you spew? Or are you paid by someone to come on here and reel off this crap when most every sign points the opposite way!!!!! I mean seriously wtf

I hope that was "tongue in cheek" Cuz if not, I want to know how you are calculating that, mus be usin that der nue math. lol

I don't really disagree with the overall point that we need better athletes. This is a given. But what gets me, is that 1 year ago Eichhorst said we have the talent to win a championship now. He said a major reason we fired Bo was he didn't think he could guide us to a championship. Yet, here we are a year later, and they invite all the media out and put on a nice PR event. Whether or not it was their intent, it comes across as covering their backsides for a bad year.

Yep

But even worse, they threw the players under the bus in order to "cover their backsides".

And even worse than that... and the part I cant even hardly think about... is they appear to have used Boyds reputation and standing... the one guy who really does have a great reputation in the program... in their attempt to "cover their backsides". I really feel bad for Boyd.

If this had only been about performance testing and making those numbers public again then it wouldn't have been a problem. Virtually everyone agrees that's a good thing.

But when they injected the other needless and inflammatory stuff about needing to recruit "more talented" players and the stuff about the current players needing too much developing and coaching... in order to "cover their backsides for a bad year"... that's when the public relations scheme crashed in a ball of flames.

Anytime you and your ilk don't like the message, you call the messenger a liar. Its BS and its getting old.

You do realize that the "messenger" said this a year ago...

"At the end of the day, I think we have kids in our program that are capable of winning championships."

http://www.cornnation.com/2014/11/30/7310255/nebraska-huskers-football-bo-pelini-shawn-eichorst-press-conference

So... what were you saying about lying again?

So he realized he was wrong, big f'ing deal. That does not make him a liar. I have no doubt the Pelini fortress was hard to see inside. Think you can find that mountain after tripping over the mole hole?

So you're changing the rules again?

Eichorst says after firing Pelini that he thinks we have the players to win championships. Then Boyd comes in and puts actual measurements to that thought and shows we don't.

It doesn't make a guy a liar.

Does it make him an uninformed doofus that says things before he has the correct information?

I certainly can't argue with you on that.

But I will say I didn't see him saying that as disingenuous. It was basic AD speech. I am sure there are several AD's that say the same thing every year after a firing or before a hiring.

No, thta's far from true. Most ADs fire losing coaches and hire winning coaches. They give different speeches.

Mods-Will you please tell this person to stop hijacking every post with this incessant bullsh#t?

Thanks

I hope that was "tongue in cheek" Cuz if not, I want to know how you are calculating that, mus be usin that der nue math. lol

He calculated it himself. That should explain everything you need to know.

I don't really disagree with the overall point that we need better athletes. This is a given. But what gets me, is that 1 year ago Eichhorst said we have the talent to win a championship now. He said a major reason we fired Bo was he didn't think he could guide us to a championship. Yet, here we are a year later, and they invite all the media out and put on a nice PR event. Whether or not it was their intent, it comes across as covering their backsides for a bad year.

Yep

But even worse, they threw the players under the bus in order to "cover their backsides".

And even worse than that... and the part I cant even hardly think about... is they appear to have used Boyds reputation and standing... the one guy who really does have a great reputation in the program... in their attempt to "cover their backsides". I really feel bad for Boyd.

If this had only been about performance testing and making those numbers public again then it wouldn't have been a problem. Virtually everyone agrees that's a good thing.

But when they injected the other needless and inflammatory stuff about needing to recruit "more talented" players and the stuff about the current players needing too much developing and coaching... in order to "cover their backsides for a bad year"... that's when the public relations scheme crashed in a ball of flames.

Anytime you and your ilk don't like the message, you call the messenger a liar. Its BS and its getting old.

You do realize that the "messenger" said this a year ago...

"At the end of the day, I think we have kids in our program that are capable of winning championships."

http://www.cornnation.com/2014/11/30/7310255/nebraska-huskers-football-bo-pelini-shawn-eichorst-press-conference

So... what were you saying about lying again?

So he realized he was wrong, big f'ing deal. That does not make him a liar. I have no doubt the Pelini fortress was hard to see inside. Think you can find that mountain after tripping over the mole hole?

So you're changing the rules again?

Eichorst says after firing Pelini that he thinks we have the players to win championships. Then Boyd comes in and puts actual measurements to that thought and shows we don't.

It doesn't make a guy a liar.

Does it make him an uninformed doofus that says things before he has the correct information?

No I think that is probably most of the posters on Huskerboard that do that.

Well if we all ran track with Scott Frost in HS, we would have better insight, I am sure.

Howdy gang. Congrats on your win last night! If there was a team that looked like it didn't belong in a bowl game...it sure WASNT Nebraska. So reason for joining is I'm trying to find out any info on my boy- Adam Taylor. Looking @ stats last night everyone got carries including the trombone section...but no Adam Taylor? I'm from Katy and saw all of his h.s. games, so I'm anxiously awaiting the next chapter in his fb career. I know he had the injury before beginning of last yr., but what the hecks going on? Young man is a beast...and a really good kid to boot. Any insight would sure be appreciated. Good luck next season!

Welcome to da board. I've been wondering the same thing for some time. Adam red-shirted when the coaching staff asked and played on the practice squad and was complimented at that time by the players and staff as being ready to play and was a real load to bring down. Then the broken ankle. Then nothing and he got very few meaningful reps in pre-season practice when Riley took over. I am guessing there may have been a rehab issue with the ankle. But that seems odd with Adams rehab and return to field after he tore his ACL in high school. So, I put him getting about near zero play time on the sports med folks and the new Mike Riley coaching staff that has no appreciation for a power run offense. IMHO Mike Riley is in way over his head at Nebraska. He came in there with no intention of putting in a power run based offense. His piss-poor coaching and game mgt. skills were on full display for the 6-7 games of the season. His clock mgt. and play calling skills were about as bad as it could get. He had players who were starters last year who were good performers were now judged to be so bad that they should

not be allowed to be on the field. There were players with demonstrated on field skills now riding the bench for some mysterious reason.

I'm amazed the Huskers with Mike Riley in charge was able to finish the season with a few Wins.

If I was Adam I'd get the hell out of there. IMHO, and it's sad to say this, but with Mike Riley as head coach, Nebraska is a place where great talent goes to die.

At one time Nebraska had an open door with the possibility of building a pipeline to the nations#1 (per the final 2015 rankings of USA Today, MaxPreps, VYPE, and HSFB100) ranked HS football program in the country. That train left the station the day Mike Riley rolled into Lincoln.

Mike Riley's coaching shills are so bad, I had to quit watching the last half of the season. It was hard to watch the players busting their buts to try to win a game and be in a position to win ... only to have Mike Riley sabotage their efforts by his idiotic play calling or his deaf, dumb and blind clock mgt. decisions. Mike Riley is Mike Riley and will coach like Mike Riley. Why the AD and Admin. hired him ... I have no clue ... and Riley is well on his way in destroying the Nebraska Brand of Football

Edited by NUance
This post earned a warning for kbbccandyman. It's not appropriate to use a responce to a new HB member as a platform to derail the thread in this manner. The next warning will earn a suspension.

Howdy gang. Congrats on your win last night! If there was a team that looked like it didn't belong in a bowl game...it sure WASNT Nebraska. So reason for joining is I'm trying to find out any info on my boy- Adam Taylor. Looking @ stats last night everyone got carries including the trombone section...but no Adam Taylor? I'm from Katy and saw all of his h.s. games, so I'm anxiously awaiting the next chapter in his fb career. I know he had the injury before beginning of last yr., but what the hecks going on? Young man is a beast...and a really good kid to boot. Any insight would sure be appreciated. Good luck next season!

Welcome to da board. I've been wondering the same thing for some time. Adam red-shirted when the coaching staff asked and played on the practice squad and was complimented at that time by the players and staff as being ready to play and was a real load to bring down. Then the broken ankle. Then nothing and he got very few meaningful reps in pre-season practice when Riley took over. I am guessing there may have been a rehab issue with the ankle. But that seems odd with Adams rehab and return to field after he tore his ACL in high school. So, I put him getting about near zero play time on the sports med folks and the new Mike Riley coaching staff that has no appreciation for a power run offense. IMHO Mike Riley is in way over his head at Nebraska. He came in there with no intention of putting in a power run based offense. His piss-poor coaching and game mgt. skills were on full display for the 6-7 games of the season. His clock mgt. and play calling skills were about as bad as it could get. He had players who were starters last year who were good performers were now judged to be so bad that they should

not be allowed to be on the field. There were players with demonstrated on field skills now riding the bench for some mysterious reason.

I'm amazed the Huskers with Mike Riley in charge was able to finish the season with a few Wins.

If I was Adam I'd get the hell out of there. IMHO, and it's sad to say this, but with Mike Riley as head coach, Nebraska is a place where great talent goes to die.

At one time Nebraska had an open door with the possibility of building a pipeline to the nations#1 (per the final 2015 rankings of USA Today, MaxPreps, VYPE, and HSFB100) ranked HS football program in the country. That train left the station the day Mike Riley rolled into Lincoln.

Mike Riley's coaching shills are so bad, I had to quit watching the last half of the season. It was hard to watch the players busting their buts to try to win a game and be in a position to win ... only to have Mike Riley sabotage their efforts by his idiotic play calling or his deaf, dumb and blind clock mgt. decisions. Mike Riley is Mike Riley and will coach like Mike Riley. Why the AD and Admin. hired him ... I have no clue ... and Riley is well on his way in destroying the Nebraska Brand of Football

would you like some cheese with your whine?

Really? I am not a fan of many coaching decisions either, but to use a new members questions about a specific player as a platform to go on an excessive coaching rant just seems odd.

Great, you're back to rail against everything Nebraska because your boy Adam Taylor is 5th string.