The alleged rape at the Armstrong/Westerkamp house

Social media is gonna be the downfall of man. Miss the good ole days where you just used a cell phone for talking to people. Absolutely dreading the day my daughter has one.

But, if true this should go away which is good.

Bad times ahead I'm afraid. Those of you who disagree get the f off my lawn!

It has to do with a little thing called snapchat and her not wanting to be considered a slut by her sorority sisters

What does that mean? I'm not familiar with snapchat.

Snapchat is a video messaging application created by Evan Spiegel, Bobby Murphy, and Reggie Brown,[3] when they were students at Stanford University .[4][5][6] Using the application, users can take photos, record videos, add text and drawings, and send them to a controlled list of recipients. These sent photographs and videos are known as "Snaps". Users set a time limit for how long recipients can view their Snaps (as of September 2015, the range is from 1 to 10 seconds),[7] after which Snapchat claims they will be deleted from the company's servers.

If the snapchat thing is true, then the girl most likely didn't like pictures/videos that were sent and made choices based on that.

It has to do with a little thing called snapchat and her not wanting to be considered a slut by her sorority sisters

Do you know what sorority she is in? Was she sending the snaps or was it someone else?

Snapchat is a video messaging application created by Evan Spiegel, Bobby Murphy, and Reggie Brown,[3] when they were students at Stanford University .[4][5][6] Using the application, users can take photos, record videos, add text and drawings, and send them to a controlled list of recipients. These sent photographs and videos are known as "Snaps". Users set a time limit for how long recipients can view their Snaps (as of September 2015, the range is from 1 to 10 seconds),[7] after which Snapchat claims they will be deleted from the company's servers.

If the snapchat thing is true, then the girl most likely didn't like pictures/videos that were sent and made choices based on that.

Big word there is claims. I've heard that all of the pics sent are stored on their servers. I wish I could hack...

Do you know what sorority she is in? Was she sending the snaps or was it someone else?

Big word there is claims. I've heard that all of the pics sent are stored on their servers. I wish I could hack...

Where did you hear that from?

Where did you hear that from?

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/deleted-snapchat-photos/story?id=23657797

Just google snapchat saves your photos and you will see a bunch of news articles on this.

From your own link:

The company says it deletes "snaps" from its servers after the message is opened, but admits people can still take screenshots of messages.

When that happens, Snapchat sends the sender a notification.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/technology/snapchat-secretly-saving-your-photos-6751818

From another source:

It adds: "The Snaps and Chats you send your friends remain as private today as they were before the update.

"Our Privacy Policy continues to say - as it did before - that those messages 'are automatically deleted from our servers once we detect that they have been viewed or have expired.'

"Of course, a recipient can always screenshot or save your Snaps or Chats.

"But the important point is that Snapchat is not - and never has been - stockpiling your private Snaps or Chats.

"And because we continue to delete them from our servers as soon as they’re read, we could not - and do not - share them with advertisers or business partners.

The pictures are downloaded to your device, that's the only way you can view them, and there are ways to keep them. Taking a screen shot is one way. Here's another.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/10/snapchat-photos-dont-delete-saved-on-phone_n_3248567.html

Even this article doesn't claim that Snapchat saves pictures on it's servers.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/snapchat-ftc-settlement,news-18754.html

I'm just not seeing it.

From your own link:

The company says it deletes "snaps" from its servers after the message is opened, but admits people can still take screenshots of messages.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/technology/snapchat-secretly-saving-your-photos-6751818

From another source:

It adds: "The Snaps and Chats you send your friends remain as private today as they were before the update.

"Our Privacy Policy continues to say - as it did before - that those messages 'are automatically deleted from our servers once we detect that they have been viewed or have expired.'

"But the important point is that Snapchat is not - and never has been - stockpiling your private Snaps or Chats.

"And because we continue to delete them from our servers as soon as theyre read, we could not - and do not - share them with advertisers or business partners.

The pictures are downloaded to your device, that's the only way you can view them, and there are ways to keep them. Taking a screen shot is one way. Here's another.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/10/snapchat-photos-dont-delete-saved-on-phone_n_3248567.html

I'm just not seeing it.

The frustrating thing about Snapchat is that there really many apps that DO block the ability to take screenshots while in their app so it shouldn't be too difficult to make that the case with theirs as well.

From your own link:

From another source:

"And because we continue to delete them from our servers as soon as theyre read, we could not - and do not - share them with advertisers or business partners.

I'm just not seeing it.

The frustrating thing about Snapchat is that there really many apps that DO block the ability to take screenshots while in their app so it shouldn't be too difficult to make that the case with theirs as well.

You would think they could also delete the items from the users device, whether that is a computer, phone or tablet.

I'm just not seeing it.

I should have read the article before posting. I was in a hurry earlier. I misspoke, from the articles that I just read they were saying that the pictures are retrievable from the phones. I guess I heard wrong. I don't use snapchat so I don't really know how it works.

Snapchat does delete the pictures from their active servers, but nothing truly disappears when you're talking about the digital world.

The app was designed specifically by some frat bros as a sexting app. Smart, marketable idea, but people should know what they're getting into. And people screenshotting your stuff isn't that big of a deal - everyone knows that people CAN screenshot their snaps, and they know when people do, so just be smart.