White Student Union

Obama has intentionally fostered and encouraged the rise of the racial unrest and incivility that is being seen all across this country. These 'protests' by the so-called Black Lives Matter group, like previous radical protesters that have appeared of late, are presented as some kind of 'spontaneous' response to the terrible injustices of our society in general. Far from spontaneous, these groups are paid politicals who travel from place to place and stage public displays of supposed outrage and upset at the various 'ills' identified as being imbedded in our society.

The social ill will that is being generated intentionally by this President and the other minority 'leaders' and spokes people are very destructive and will not lead to any kind of meaningful and valuable improvement of our society. It is nothing short of shameful and injurious to what had become a very homogenous population. To work actively to prevent and inhibit that assimilation of our one famously described 'melting pot' society is truly unAmerican. To intentionally divide and segregate and foster anger and hate (clearly Obama's most harmful efforts as President) by Blacks in our population is absolutely disgusting. Obama has lived with this hate of whites and a deep seated conviction that all whites are racists his entire lifetime. Likewise he is a Muslim proclaiming himself some sort of Christian.

98026_original.gif

• Fire 4

Obama has intentionally fostered and encouraged the rise of the racial unrest and incivility that is being seen all across this country. These 'protests' by the so-called Black Lives Matter group, like previous radical protesters that have appeared of late, are presented as some kind of 'spontaneous' response to the terrible injustices of our society in general. Far from spontaneous, these groups are paid politicals who travel from place to place and stage public displays of supposed outrage and upset at the various 'ills' identified as being imbedded in our society.

The social ill will that is being generated intentionally by this President and the other minority 'leaders' and spokes people are very destructive and will not lead to any kind of meaningful and valuable improvement of our society. It is nothing short of shameful and injurious to what had become a very homogenous population. To work actively to prevent and inhibit that assimilation of our one famously described 'melting pot' society is truly unAmerican. To intentionally divide and segregate and foster anger and hate (clearly Obama's most harmful efforts as President) by Blacks in our population is absolutely disgusting. Obama has lived with this hate of whites and a deep seated conviction that all whites are racists his entire lifetime. Likewise he is a Muslim proclaiming himself some sort of Christian.

Turns out the tinfoil hat actually amplifies their signal...

Science.

What utter bullsh#t. All of it.

So why not #poorlivesmatter then instead of the obvious #blacklivesmatter? Obviously #alllivesmatter in most everyone's opinion.....

Poor blacks face a lot more discrimination than poor whites.

Really?! I didn't know that............*sarcasm* Guess I should've put "rhetorical question" in there. :lol:

I just simply disagree with having to label everything with color, but that seems to be popular these days.

I'll admit color seems to be an easy scapegoat anytime something goes wrong involving people of separate races. People have tried to twist certain scenarios of black on black crime being the "white man's" fault, but that's certainly not always the case. Similarly, a white guy shooting a black guy is not always about race.

But, sometimes it is. And I personally believe the "white man" has helped cultivate some of the problems we've seen over the decades. They may not be directly influencing it on a case by case basis, but things "white man" has done in the past have helped lead to the current dynamic.

So why not #poorlivesmatter then instead of the obvious #blacklivesmatter? Obviously #alllivesmatter in most everyone's opinion.....

Really?! I didn't know that............*sarcasm* Guess I should've put "rhetorical question" in there. :lol:

I just simply disagree with having to label everything with color, but that seems to be popular these days.

I'll admit color seems to be an easy scapegoat anytime something goes wrong involving people of separate races. People have tried to twist certain scenarios of black on black crime being the "white man's" fault, but that's certainly not always the case. Similarly, a white guy shooting a black guy is not always about race.

But, sometimes it is. And I personally believe the "white man" has helped cultivate some of the problems we've seen over the decades. They may not be directly influencing it on a case by case basis, but things "white man" has done in the past have helped lead to the current dynamic.

And I don't disagree that there are folks out there that are racist and will do anything to hurt a certain race and then enjoy hurting that race. That's not my point, I simply don't see racism being as big of a problem as the media is trying to say it is. Sure, even a small amount isn't acceptable, but attempting to blame another race for another race's problem isn't something I'm willing to buy.

• Fire 2

And I don't disagree that there are folks out there that are racist and will do anything to hurt a certain race and then enjoy hurting that race. That's not my point, I simply don't see racism being as big of a problem as the media is trying to say it is. Sure, even a small amount isn't acceptable, but attempting to blame another race for another race's problem isn't something I'm willing to buy.

I'm not willing to buy that, either. But, I personally don't see it as the media trying to do anything, at least not the vast majority of media. We should remember that CNN, Fox, etc., may be some of the largest media corporations, but they don't represent all of the people who work in journalism, many of which are hard-working people trying to be story tellers.

I think what's happening in a lot of cases, particularly the cases that become racially driven, is people immediately want to make it about race. The media covers whatever the incident is and the people upset about what's going on sometimes make it about race. That's not to say talking heads don't sometimes make it about race themselves, but often times, the media hasn't done anything. They're just reporting what's happening and what people are saying.

All this sometimes happens even before all the facts are made clear. I don't think it's fair, but, it's similar to the alleged sexual assault at Armstrong's house. People will assume and make claims without knowing all the facts.

I'm not willing to buy that, either. But, I personally don't see it as the media trying to do anything, at least not the vast majority of media. We should remember that CNN, Fox, etc., may be some of the largest media corporations, but they don't represent all of the people who work in journalism, many of which are hard-working people trying to be story tellers.

I think what's happening in a lot of cases, particularly the cases that become racially driven, is people immediately want to make it about race. The media covers whatever the incident is and the people upset about what's going on sometimes make it about race. That's not to say talking heads don't sometimes make it about race themselves, but often times, the media hasn't done anything. They're just reporting what's happening and what people are saying.

All this sometimes happens even before all the facts are made clear. I don't think it's fair, but, it's similar to the alleged sexual assault at Armstrong's house. People will assume and make claims without knowing all the facts.

Then how come every article I read says "black man" and "white man"? To me that makes it a race issue, sometimes it is, but that's more rare than the articles I read make it appear to be.

Hmmmm.......

Maybe 84 and cornography are the same person.

They are at least different sides of the same coin.

Making up your mind so thoroughly is a hell of a thing!

People see race. It's foolish to pretend otherwise, or to pretend that this doesn't result in very different experiences. It's not a guilt thing. Just listen. This movement is a lot of people trying to share their experiences and perspectives, and it's hardly with one voice, too. The fact that the movement exists should tell us it's something that is meaningful and important to a lot of people. You don't have to endorse it, of course.

A totally color-blind world is a great ideal and a comfortable fantasy, easiest for the default race to imagine. It's not good that so many people don't feel this way (I wish everyone could), but either blaming them, telling them they should feel otherwise, or dismissing their concerns...why? What's the point? It's perplexing.

Then how come every article I read says "black man" and "white man"? To me that makes it a race issue, sometimes it is, but that's more rare than the articles I read make it appear to be.

Without a contextual example it's kind of hard for me to say why they refer to black man/white man. Suspect descriptions often times use race.

But, if you mean in an example of a white cop shooting a black person... if I were a journalist writing that story, I would not say "white cop" or "black victim" unless it was germane.

A couple of months ago, a Sheriff's deputy shot a young black man in Lincoln after he ran away during a traffic stop. Some national media outlets picked it up and were getting ready to send reporters here in the event it turned into a race issue. However, due to (in my opinion) good information being relayed by Lancaster County authorities, it was quickly determined that the man who was shot had a weapon and warranted the deputies firing. The race of the deputy who shot him was never released. The victim's race was only reported via the showing of his mugshot.

This story, in my opinion, was well covered by some local media outlets in Lincoln This example in particular proves not "every" story is about race, because from a media perspective (excluding what people may have said in the comment sections of websites) it never had anything to do with race. That's why I implore people to never group "the media" into one centralized entity as if they're all responsible for unethical reporting.

• Fire 2

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/11/25/white-student-union-facebook-pages-spread-nationwide/76360120/

More campuses are getting involved in the White Student Union movement. I am not supportive of many involved with black lives matter, including many of its members chanting that they want dead cops, but I think a more appropriate opposition group would pull members of various races and be titled "All lives matter." It's ridiculous to me that the Democratic candidates running for President would not come out and say "All lives matter" at one of their debates for fear of losing votes.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/11/25/white-student-union-facebook-pages-spread-nationwide/76360120/

More campuses are getting involved in the White Student Union movement. I am not supportive of many involved with black lives matter, including many of its members chanting that they want dead cops, but I think a more appropriate opposition group would pull members of various races and be titled "All lives matter." It's ridiculous to me that the Democratic candidates running for President would not come out and say "All lives matter" at one of their debates for fear of losing votes.

Were they asked to do that? (I didn't watch the last Republican or Democrat debates). If not, I don't see why they'd just blurt that out randomly.

That's because some of them did come out and say "All lives matter" and got heavily criticized for it.

The people pushing for "Black lives matter" say "All lives matter" is just people trying to be ignorant of the problem.

This isn't my argument. I'm merely presenting the side as to why the mantra "All lives matter" has come under heat. Here's a brief link.

LINK

Were they asked to do that? (I didn't watch the last Republican or Democrat debates). If not, I don't see why they'd just blurt that out randomly.

Yes, the question in the debate specifically asked this, and Sanders and O'Malley stated black lives matter, and Hillary danced around the topic and refused to say "All lives matter." The only one with decency and common sense was Jim Webb who has since dropped out.

The point of #BlackLivesMatter speaks to a reality where if you counter with saying #AllLivesMatter, it's akin to going to a breast cancer anonymous group and yelling, "THERE ARE OTHER DISEASES TOO!" or going to a funeral and proclaiming, "I, TOO, HAVE EXPERIENCED LOSS"

• Fire 3