What the Heck!!!

Seems like Ohio St's internal issues are starting to come out. Ezekial Elliot called out the coaches, and already announced he's going to the draft. Cardale Jones announced he's going to the draft as well.

Man which coach could possibly mess up with that much talent at their disposal!? Oh wait....

i6KQkeOK.jpeg

He said they were not put in a position to win. Said he lobbied Urban on the sidelines for plays, but to no avail. Finished by saying this was his last home game. NFL draft bound......

Beck........If he was actually calling the plays. Wow.

We are better than our 5-6 record implies. Absolutely does not excuse losing to BYU, Illinois, Wisconsin and Purdue the way we did. Could have been such a special season had the players bought in before losing in West Laffayette.

I don't know if it's all on the players. The coaches deserved and received a lot of criticism as well.

Don't forget against Illinois, Nebraska kept throwing the ball and throwing and throwing it... despite windy conditions and Ozigbo having a great game.

• Fire 1

Beck doesn't call the plays.

Edit: My mistake. He didn't originally, but was promoted to be the primary caller 3-4 games into the season.

Wow I'll be honest I thought he was just the QB coach. Had no idea they made him the play caller, this makes it even better.

It's a tandem team with him and the other Co-OC.

Also of note, Elliott was hospitalized M-W this week. Could easily explain his lack of workload.

Seems like Ohio St's internal issues are starting to come out. Ezekial Elliot called out the coaches, and already announced he's going to the draft. Cardale Jones announced he's going to the draft as well.

Man which coach could possibly mess up with that much talent at their disposal!? Oh wait....

i6KQkeOK.jpeg

He said they were not put in a position to win. Said he lobbied Urban on the sidelines for plays, but to no avail. Finished by saying this was his last home game. NFL draft bound......

Beck........If he was actually calling the plays. Wow.

I just read that play calling was shared by Beck and Ed Warinner. Meyer's not happy but accepted the blame in the post game, as he should. Doubt if that's how he sees it in the next coaches meeting though....

While I understand Ezekiel's frustration, that's really not a smart way to announce your intentions to go pro.

We are better than our 5-6 record implies. Absolutely does not excuse losing to BYU, Illinois, Wisconsin and Purdue the way we did. Could have been such a special season had the players bought in before losing in West Laffayette.

I don't know if it's all on the players. The coaches deserved and received a lot of criticism as well.

Don't forget against Illinois, Nebraska kept throwing the ball and throwing and throwing it... despite windy conditions and Ozigbo having a great game.

The coaches took half the season to start clicking too. But the players even said it, they decided to make a change in their drive.

I really wish we had that Illinois game back.

While I understand Ezekiel's frustration, that's really not a smart way to announce your intentions to go pro.

It sounds way worse in text form than if you watch the video of it in context.

That's good then. I don't know a ton about him but he didn't strike as the type of player to do that; too bad for him the soundbite is the headline.

Beck doesn't call the plays.

Edit: My mistake. He didn't originally, but was promoted to be the primary caller 3-4 games into the season.

Wow I'll be honest I thought he was just the QB coach. Had no idea they made him the play caller, this makes it even better.

It's a tandem team with him and the other Co-OC.

Also of note, Elliott was hospitalized M-W this week. Could easily explain his lack of workload.

It might - his carries were wildly inconsistent. I mean he had 7 carries on tOSU's first scoring drive and then he never got even close to that work load IIRC. The broadcast threw up a stat too late in the 3rd or early 4th quarter that said Elliott had only had one carry so far in the 2nd half. Just staggering when he's one of the best RB's in the country. A complete idiot would have to avoid giving him the ball unless there were some extenuating factor.